Bryson DeChambeau at the Masters?

Weren’t people just falling over themselves saying how there’s no way Dustin Johnson wouldn’t win the US Open given his dominance in the FedEx Playoffs? Although I think Bryson plays well (top10 for sure) I don’t think he wins the Masters.

Saying someone *will* win anything in golf is madness. Even said, Bryson at +1000 is mildly tempting.

The Masters will much more even without all the rough.

Bryson won the Open with the ability to muscle out of the rough with some control. I've never seen anyone do anything close to what he did out of the rough that thick. Neither Jack and Tiger could ever do that as consistently as he did.

I wouldn't make Bryson a favorite at the Masters, but he's in the tourney so who knows?

These stats argue that he is not just a long ball striker.

Strokes Gained Final round: 1st (+7.90)
Strokes Gained Total: 1st (+22.37)
Driving Distance: 7th (325.6yds)
Strokes Gained Off The Tee: 3rd (+5.38)
Strokes Gained Approach: 3rd (+6.98)
Strokes Gained Around The Green: 2nd (+5.42)
Strokes Gained Putting: 18th (+4.59)
Fairways Hit: T26th (23/56)
Greens In Regulation: T5th (46/72)
Putts Per Hole: T11th (1.60)
Sand Saves: T44th (1/3)
Birdies: T4th (13)
Eagles: 1st (2)
Double Bogeys: 1st (0)

Glad you posted these....but that is for 1 event too.

I think his distance off the tee will be a huge asset, however, we all know the greens are what will make/break a player at Augusta.

I don't think Bryson will win the Masters, but I'd venture a guess that'll he make the Top 10 *if* his present form holds until it starts...but that's a huge IF...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

He won't win, but will be in the Top 10.

I‘m hoping he shows up with a 48-inch driver and averages 370. Hoping he hits it into the 14th fairway four times from the 13th tee. Hoping he starts arm-locking his chips and pitches. Hoping he pisses off as many golf traditionalists as possible - and no better place to do it than at Augusta.

Last edited:
I hope he wins with his (very) long game, and can adapt to the short game aspect of Augusta.

I think him winning The Masters wouldn't be a bad thing for pro-golf.

I‘m hoping he shows up with a 48-inch driver and averages 370. Hoping he hits it into the 14th fairway four times from the 13th tee. Hoping he starts arm-locking his chips and pitches. Hoping he pisses off as many golf traditionalists as possible - and no better place to do it than at Augusta.

Sign. Me. Up.

Hard to bet against him when's putting the way he did in the US Open. That said, Augusta National has humbled many who've looked dominant elsewhere. The swirling winds, the greens....it literally is open every year. His strategy will be just as important as his execution.

Build it...and he will BOMB it!!!

...'your up'

Last edited:
The poise he showed on Sunday at the Open will not be there at the Masters...1 or 2 errant wedges and/or putts and he goes into "WTF...hand pointing at the ball and hole mode"
How he starts does seem to determine his whole direction like this. Not that it doesn't for others, but his attitude changes in a hurry when he can't get it together it seems.

Last edited:
How he starts does seem to determine his whole direction like this. Not that it doesn't for others, but his attitude changes in a hurry when he came out it together it seems.

add in extra scrutiny from cameras and I think it further derails him.

All in on Bryson and Fall conditions will likely make course play longer and softer - One of 4 bombers with great skills will win this: Rahm, Johnson, Bryson or Rory (think likeliest if head is right)

how do people feel about his chances now?

and did i hear that he has a new driver in the bag that he and cobra have been working on for the past 3 years? what's that all about?!

It’s just a matter of time for DeChambeau winning this. This could easily be the week. If he can get just 55 - 60 percent of his drives in the fairway and his putting is just his weekly average, he could crush the field at Augusta.

It’s just a matter of time for DeChambeau winning this. This could easily be the week. If he can get just 55 - 60 percent of his drives in the fairway and his putting is just his weekly average, he could crush the field at Augusta.

driver did him wrong last year. i feel like his driving was not in form leading up to that event. if we can get it to cooperate, i like his chances a lot.

how do people feel about his chances now?

and did i hear that he has a new driver in the bag that he and cobra have been working on for the past 3 years? what's that all about?!

He’s my pick to win this week. Less pressure this time around and I think more of the focus on Spieth and DJ helps him. The course simply sets up so well for him I think it’s a matter of time.

I don’t think he wins. His driver will be erratic.

I don’t think he will win. But I would not bet against it either..

I hope he plays well but don't think he will win it this year.

HMMMMMM what's in the bag!?

Back