Bryson DeChambeau Non-Conforming Putting Stroke

blugold

Autobots, ROLL OUT!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
...or "How is the USGA Messing The Bed Today."

Bryson's putting style has been deemed illegal by the USGA.

"I was very disappointed with the way they handled it," DeShambeau said. "They've said to me, too, that they don't like the way I'm doing it. But it's within the rules, and I don't know why they don't like it. They say I'm potentially taking skill out of the game. Anything that helps shoot lower scores or makes golf more fun and grows the game, that's what I'm all about."

Bahahahahaha that explanation!!! Great job USGA

Absurd. How dare he find a way to legally shoot a lower score.

Eff the USGA, ruining golf IMO

Maybe he will go to the arm lock method next.

Next up better be Bernhard's anchoring but not really putting stroke.

Didn't they have the same ruling on something similar before? Back in the day someone tried doing something similar for the first time on tour and they told them they had to stop it then, too.

USGA just loves proving they are a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The USGA just doesnt get it.

Didn't they have the same ruling on something similar before? Back in the day someone tried doing something similar for the first time on tour and they told them they had to stop it then, too.

Sam Snead's croquet stroke they deemed illegal. Per usual, the USGA makes the game more difficult to grow with unnecessary ruling like this too.

He just needs to change the location of the shaft from the center of the putter to the back.

I wonder if they can ban Bubbas face because i dont like it?

He just needs to change the location of the shaft from the center of the putter to the back.

But why? Center shafted putters are legal. His stance is legal. His grip is legal. Everything is legal, but looks unconventional and that makes the collective skin crawl at the USGA. The USGA is a joke. Just wait for the rule change that no two clubs in play by a golfer can have equal playing length.

I wonder if they can ban Bubbas face because i dont like it?

nah, that certainly doesn't make the game easier.

Easier to watch (kidding.....kinda)

Lets get the USGA to ban the Nike AeroReact shirts with that stupid collar.

I agree with you. I was just quoting the article for those who just read the headline and thought he had to go back to "normal" putting

Anyone ever try putting like this? There was a THPer that came to a local outing that did and he was automatic.

I tried it, and it really does work, especially for those 10' and in putts. I felt kinda stupid doing it though for some reason.

I hate the USGA sometimes. Center shafted putters are legal you jackasses!!

USGA lead rules official, apparently:

64496527.jpg

Anyone ever try putting like this? There was a THPer that came to a local outing that did and he was automatic.

I tried it, and it really does work, especially for those 10' and in putts. I felt kinda stupid doing it though for some reason.

Kind of like Rick Barry's underhanded free throw shot. He's tried to convince countless NBA players to use it. Wilt used it for a season and dramatically improved his FT % (from like 50% to 80% or something crazy). After one season he went back to the traditional method (with the traditionally horrible results) because he didn't want to "look stupid." Same thing happened with Shaq, except he never shot that way in a game -- for the same reason. How great do you look shooting 50% or less from the FT line?

I agree with you. I was just quoting the article for those who just read the headline and thought he had to go back to "normal" putting

Exactly. His putting stroke hasn't been deemed non-conforming (do they even do that?), its his putter. He can still putt side-saddle, he just needs to change the shaft insertion point. For some unknown reason that the USGA won't comment on.

Exactly. His putting stroke hasn't been deemed non-conforming (do they even do that?), its his putter. He can still putt side-saddle, he just needs to change the shaft insertion point. For some unknown reason that the USGA won't comment on.

Maybe because they need to look like they are doing something. :banghead: Why can't the USGA just get out of it's own way and ours.

No, his putter is legal. His stance is legal. His stroke is legal. His grip is legal. Everything is legal on it's own. 1+1+1+1 =/= 4 according to the USGA.

Back