Bryson DeChambeau Thread

I can't stand the sight of him and could care less if he even wins or even gets in the mix again, butttt who amoung us has not tomahawked a wedge or wanted to destroy a putter or a green at some point? I can safely say I have never damaged a green but quite a few wedges have been harmed or at least frightened in the past.

Now of course there are some on the forum that are perfect and follow all the rules and never do anything wrong ever in their lives, but they are the exception to the rule imo.

Big difference between harming your own equipment and causing or possibly causing damaging the course.

Also, I am perfect. My mom tells me when I call her on the phone.

I think another story that is developing as of recent is whether or not Bryson is a "closer". Blowing the lead on the back 9 at Dubai in January and now yesterday in Mexico with a few holes to go, does he have a hurdle to clear come Sunday?
he went -6 on Sunday... only Snedeker was lower at -7...

How many 2nds does Jack have?

I used to pull for him when he first came out. Now I have no positive thoughts about him. I am actually glad Reed won, which almost makes me gag a little.

Man, he was roasting some off the tee. Home boy is moving that weight around.

Man, he was roasting some off the tee. Home boy is moving that weight around.
That is true. He has gone BEASTMODE on the Tee.

I'd have no problem scrutinizing him as well or anyone else who does something like this. Ultimately this guys are professionals and should act so while on the course. I don't care if it's Bryson doing what he did, Rory throwing his club in the lake, or someone dropping F-bombs. They should all be held to a high standard as kids look up to these guys.
Ah the kids....I would hestitate to guess most kids hear and see much worst from their own parents, unless they are of course prefect also.

But with what I see on Live PD there are few perfect parent peeps out there rolling around. Maybe the folks to the North are better behaved:cool:

Ah the kids....I would hestitate to guess most kids hear and see much worst from their own parents, unless they are of course prefect also.

But with what I see on Live PD there are few perfect parent peeps out there rolling around. Maybe the folks to the North are better behaved:cool:

Chances are they do see worse at home. Doesn’t mean it makes it right for professional athletes to act like children.

Fair enough, I have just always thought no one on TV or a Professional anything should be looked up too as they are flawed humans and rarely is the on camera or public persona the real person.
But to each their own of course.

Fair enough, I have just always thought no one on TV or a Professional anything should be looked up too as they are flawed humans and rarely is the on camera or public persona the real person.
But to each their own of course.
In an ideal world, sure. Unfortunately thousands of kids look up to professional athletes.

In an ideal world, sure. Unfortunately thousands of kids look up to professional athletes.

I saw Rahm bury a wedge into the fairway in anger on TV yesterday as well. Of course Tiger was famous for dropping F bombs during every tournament for a decade or more.

I enjoy watching Bryson... Love the emotion rahm has just wish he didn't hurt his groove when he gets emotional. It has detailed the positive vibes I'm many events.

I saw Rahm bury a wedge into the fairway in anger on TV yesterday as well. Of course Tiger was famous for dropping F bombs during every tournament for a decade or more.

Unfortunately a lot of them do. Doesn’t make it right. We’re all expected to carry ourselves in a particular way while at work, I’d expect pro athletes to be the same.

I enjoy watching Bryson... Love the emotion rahm has just wish he didn't hurt his groove when he gets emotional. It has detailed the positive vibes I'm many events.

I like watching both of them and characters like Bryson are good for the PGA Tour, love him or hate him. I’m super jealous of his 185 mph ball speed and the distance gains he picked up recently. If I was 20 years younger I’d attempt the same thing, lol.

he went -6 on Sunday... only Snedeker was lower at -7...

How many 2nds does Jack have?

Did you just compare Bryson to Jack?!

It’s what has happened on the back 9’s of the 2 I brought up. Not finishing to get the W. Bogeys on 4 of the last 5 or 6 in Europe & par/bogey/par on the final 3. No question he played safe on 17 and cost him. Reed was then in the lead on 17 and went right at the pin across the water. He’ll fix it but just concerning.

I think most people neglect to really establish the fact that he is 26. Sure there are others who are younger and act more professional, but everyone is different and matures at different points in their life. We’ve all seen it with other professional athletes, in other sports too, after losing a game and giving a press conference or their on field antics. I think we all lose sight of their age and expect then to be more mature because they are “professionals”.
I think a lot of times we forget that they’re still figuring themselves out and coming into their own. I try to keep that in mind when I see a tirade or a tantrum in any sport. I’m 42 now, looking back; I couldn’t stand my 18 year old self. Probably wouldn’t be able to stand my 25 year old self either. Maturity isn’t one of those things that you get when you hit 18, 25, etc. It can take some a longer time to get it than others. Hopefully, this young man figures it out. Just my .02¢

Last edited:
Bryson is an entertaining addition to the tour. He has his quirks but 5 wins on the PGA tour (+1 euro, 1 korn ferry) is darn good. I think he can win a major or two before he’s done. I like his mad scientist approach and dislike his slow play and temper outbursts. His body changes and increases in club speed are impressive and show his massive desire to win. He is growing (literally) and showing signs of maturing his on course brand. And eventhough I cringe at OL, he’s the leader of the of that band. That’s very cool. He’s a fun one to follow.

I'm not a fan of this clown at all. That's way more than tapping anything down. Was he in the last group with no players behind him, so no one complained?

I actually cheered for PReed, to win, which also doesn't make me feel great about myself :p

Maybe they have and we just haven't heard about it, but I'm surprised the Tour hasn't tested him for PEDs yet. That's awfully significant gainz in an awfully short time. Granted, he's in his prime for building muscle and maybe he just has the genetics for it. Kudos to him if it was 100% natural.

(Disclaimer - I'm not alleging anything, just making an observation.)

IMG_4622.png

Chris Como posted this on Instagram and Bryson re-posted on his on account. Maybe 2020 is bringing a slightly more chill/funny Bryson too

I never paid that much attention to Dechambeau, but I'm quickly becoming a fan simply for how much **** the guy gets. What he has done with his body to get those distance gains is nothing short of amazing and should be an inspiration for many amateurs who lack a few yards off the tee. Instead, he just gets a morons shouting "bUt He DiDnT wIN" or "hEs RuiNiNg ThE gAmE".

I just remembered Bryson had that spat with the cameraman. Does winning cure bad publicity?

Good gravy. These numbers are silly.

Ball speed is off the charts, but look at that launch angle - 14.3. With that type of power on rollout those are really going long.

So this guy on Golf Channel seems to be very much for punishing mishits more. He's talking about the technology. Don't the other guys have the same technology?

Back