Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Good grief just saw that exchange with the refs, and his caddy trying to block the camera. This guy is really trying to be less likeable that Ratrick Peed.
I wouldn’t go that far. When he is on his behavior, he is like able and most people don’t want to ignore him.

Despite hitting two consecutive drives into the water today, Bryson still led the field gaining 4.25 strokes off the tee - Over a full stroke more than second place Jon Rahm (3.05). He lost it all back plus more with his approach shots. Even taking out his two shots OB he lost a significant number of strokes on approaches.

Bryson DeChambeau has been outdriving plenty of his competitors by 60 yards since his bulk-up, and now the 26-year-old has his sights set on outliving the average American by 60 years.

According to CDC.gov life expectancy in the U.S. is 78.6 years, but DeChambeau is looking a long way past that with a goal to live until “130 or 140”.

The Californian was speaking to GQ Magazine where he made the claim, telling the publication that he believes the technology is now out there for someone to live until 130 or 140. And Bryson wants to be that someone.

>>>> Nobody in their right mind wants to live that long in this world !!!

Despite hitting two consecutive drives into the water today, Bryson still led the field gaining 4.25 strokes off the tee - Over a full stroke more than second place Jon Rahm (3.05). He lost it all back plus more with his approach shots. Even taking out his two shots OB he lost a significant number of strokes on approaches.

his wedges are worse than mine! Yikes

I do think that hitting the exact same shot 2 times in a row and both of them going out of bounds is something I would do and my course management is not the greatest. While I won't say his course management sucks. It was definitely a poor shot choice to blast 3 wood out of that rough twice and almost a 3rd time.
Does anyone remember Sergio hit the same shot 5 times at the Masters? With the first 4 rolling off the green into the water?
I'm guessing this happens more often but we just don't see it when it's not a big name player.

Yes Bryson is different and he's prone to a meltdown every now and then.
But seriously cut the guy some slack he's non traditional and I think it's refreshing to see something other than the cookie cutter golfer win.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If he’d drop the douche hat, I bet it would help!
So a scally cap is a douche hat?
And getting rid of it would solve his issues?

original.gif

It is on him and yes it would help...

Dude gotta control those muscles he built up ;)
He's gonna live to 130 or 140, he has plenty of time to figure it out.

He'll either set longevity records on the PGA Tour, or have one hell of a career on the Champions Tour! :ROFLMAO:

So, one of my favorite shows on PGA Radio is Gravy and the Sleeze, I really enjoy Colt Knost’s takes and insight since he was just out there recently and not crazily removed, plus he’s still doing some calls for the Tour (and is this week at Harding)

Anyway, yesterday he mentioned that he got told a story from someone who was present at a situation involving Bryson that was NOT televised last week, naturally he wasn’t going to give up his source and given the way Bryson is about his “Brand” I don’t blame him.

They were playing ball in hand last week from the fairway only, one day Bryson hit his drive through the fairway and into the primary cut, he proceeded to mark his ball and loft to clean, he was informed that its fairway only and freaked out about what he was to do next as it was unintentionally done. Rules officials came over and he tried to sell it as he hadn’t cleaned the ball yet so he should be able to place It back, obviously this was a no go and he was subject to a penalty for moving the ball. Where it gets interesting is Knost said he has it on good authority Bryson demanded the cameras be off and away during this, shocker right:rolleyes:, and then lost it after the second official confirmed the ruling but told him he could at least clean his ball now...and take the penalty. Apparently he went off about how ALL the officials are just out to get him and his brand.

Now, could the witness have embellished a bit? Sure, but does any of this surprise anyone? I know there a ton of die hard love for Bryson, but stuff like this with the camera and his brand as well as all the ruling whining is beyond old to me. This is why I stand by him being fun to watch hit a golf ball, but I will never actively root for him with the stuff he’s pulled in the last month and a half.

We'd better shut down this thread. I see a fire ant!

red-imported-fire-ant-courtesy.jpg

LOL!!! That was the funniest stuff that wasn't supposed to be funny ever!

Bryson had 7 straight top 10 finishes from the Genesis Invitational back in February all the way through his win at the Rocket Mortgage Classic in early July. Since then, outside of his T4 at the PGA Championship, he has one top 25 (at the Tour Championship) and hasn’t finished better than T30 in his other four events including two missed cuts.

He was seemingly in contention every week, but hasn’t really threatened of late. What gives? Is he just a little off or was he tiring from his new fitness routine?

Bryson had 7 straight top 10 finishes from the Genesis Invitational back in February all the way through his win at the Rocket Mortgage Classic in early July. Since then, outside of his T4 at the PGA Championship, he has one top 25 (at the Tour Championship) and hasn’t finished better than T30 in his other four events including two missed cuts.

He was seemingly in contention every week, but hasn’t really threatened of late. What gives? Is he just a little off or was he tiring from his new fitness routine?

Genuinely I think it is ebbs and flows of the season and courses played. He went on a tear like few do currently. Guessing completely here, but I bet if you looked at the entire top 20 player list, it would be pretty similar. No idea if that is accurate, but finishing top 10 every week doesn't happen much.

Genuinely I think it is ebbs and flows of the season and courses played. He went on a tear like few do currently. Guessing completely here, but I bet if you looked at the entire top 20 player list, it would be pretty similar. No idea if that is accurate, but finishing top 10 every week doesn't happen much.
Yea, I’d agree. Rory was hot coming into the break and then looked lost quite a bit this summer. It was just a little jarring to see it happen to Bryson considering we were talking about him potentially ascending to #1 in the OWGR in the middle of that run. I’m very curious to see his approach to Winged Foot considering he had a MC and T50 at Memorial and BMW on two of the toughest courses since the restart.

Dominating victory at the US Open, seems like a good time to revive this thread.
I for one am glad to see Bryson get the win. He had a tough 3rd round and sometimes he can melt down.
I like Slightly different and not cookie cutter PGA tour pro who shows there's many different ways to win on tour.

OK, that does it. I'm going to use my driver on every hole. Even the par 3s.

One thing that I think is interesting is that he is willing to put in the work to make himself better, whether on the range or in the gym.

They need to expand performance enhancing drug testing to include the stuff athletes are really taking these days. Or just do away with it.

Its all a joke at this point. A dangerous joke.

Bryson has access to these drugs RIGHT NOW, unfortunately, that his dad would use for kidney transplant. My eyes and ears absolutely LIT UP when I heard that in the post round interview, you best believe. Red flag of all red flags ever. Tour testing program is a JOKE.

I was on such drugs myself for 6 years for my Crohn's. They also use them for chemo/organ transplant and immune system suppression.
(Think about that right now in the context of Covid and ALL professional sports.)
Phil is on Enbrel for his arthritis. Same category of drugs. He has now had skin cancer. Lotta sun, but that is a side effect. (Have you seen his calf muscles in shorts? Yep.)

I will not tell ANYONE how far I could hit a ball on here, as you would NOT believe me anyway. But I had witnesses. Par 4's? Yep.
Made me into that hulk you see on your screen now with the B.A.D. Didn't have pain, could go all day. Yep. Just another form of steroids. Got huge.
They stopped working for me and damaged my body horribly. I have tendon tearing issues now. Watch for that with players. Brooksy??
Those are "steroid" injuries quite often,

This is doping. Right in front of your eyes. Call the commissioner. He knows. All to put golf courses out of business, ultimately.

Sick. :cautious:

I think we're being alarmist overall and need to take a look at the whole body of work.

Look at Spieth. "Oh this young gun comes out and isn't afraid to fire at ANY pin!" ROY in 2013. 11 PGA Tour wins. 3 Majors. And nothing since 2017. Couldn't hit a fairway with a broad side of a barn (unsure what saying to use).

Look at Rory. "The next Tiger Woods!" 18 PGA Tour wins. 3 Majors. 2-time FedEx Cup Champion. No major wins since 2014. SIX years. Yeah, you won the FedEx Cup but no one is going to remember you for that.

Here's my point (trust me I have one).

As much science and tech that Bryson uses, golfers are human. One muscle pull. One torn oblique. Or even something mental (this is golf), and things can change real quick. Impressive so far but we're all human. It's his first major. Let's see what happens next.

Back