Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Citation desperately needed.
I've worked with personal trainers in multiple sports. My younger brother is a personal trainer. It's always something I've had an interest in. It's important to have a flexibility program to go along with adding that type of muscle mass. If you don't have that program, it will effect your flexibility. That's the best I can do for citation. 40 years of experience. And like anything else, it's not true for everyone. There are always exceptions.

I've worked with personal trainers in multiple sports. My younger brother is a personal trainer. It's always something I've had an interest in. It's important to have a flexibility program to go along with adding that type of muscle mass. If you don't have that program, it will effect your flexibility. That's the best I can do for citation. 40 years of experience. And like anything else, it's not true for everyone. There are always exceptions.
Everything he has done has been with flexibility and useful range of motion in mind.

Everything he has done has been with flexibility and useful range of motion in mind.
That's great. He certainly has the resources to do it right. I'm not rooting against the guy. I just said it was very difficult to maintain flexibility when adding mass quickly. I didn't say it was impossible. I can speak from experience that it doesn't get any easier as the years stack up on you.

The last couple of pages of the thread are interesting. Not sure why people hate on BDC but to each their own. I kinda like him. He had a theory, he changed his body dramatically - apparently through hard work and diet - and he’s proving a lot of the so called experts wrong. I find what he’s doing to be kind of fascinating and compelling.

:

NBC showed video of DeChambeau still at the course, practicing after dark last night. Seems it was something like 7:30 or 7:45 pm. My remembrance is Azinger brought up that he did the same thing at Winged Foot, and questioned whether he could continue to devote 12+ hours a day to golf and golf training without burning himself out. Seems like a valid question. Remains to be seen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes, Azinger’s commentary about Bryson’s after dark practice sessions was relevant and insightful, as was his talk about the challenge Bryson faces when playing green side bunker shots with 6-iron length wedges.

That's great. He certainly has the resources to do it right. I'm not rooting against the guy. I just said it was very difficult to maintain flexibility when adding mass quickly. I didn't say it was impossible. I can speak from experience that it doesn't get any easier as the years stack up on you.
It's difficult to maintain flexibility when adding mass if flexibility is not also considered when adding mass. Actually, with a good program, flexibility increases without being directly trained. Hell, I bet Bryson's flexibility was trained simply by already being flexible and golfing while he was bulking.

Lastly, why does he need to focus on flexibility when he can already assume all of the necessary positions? Depending on the study, stretching has not shown tp decrease injury risk. Being big and strong does though.

I thought that covered on the telecast that he was allowed to place his ball because he was getting a drop from a sprinkler head and his dropped bounced onto the green?

I thought that covered on the telecast that he was allowed to place his ball because he was getting a drop from a sprinkler head and his dropped bounced onto the green?
Maltbie commented that Bryson was not entitled to relief from the sprinkler head.

Maltbie commented that Bryson was not entitled to relief from the sprinkler head.
I remember. Maltbie is not a PGA Tour Rules Official who deemed relief appropriate.

Last edited:
Maltbie was wrong according the to tour official.

Bryson is exciting and motivating. I think he is the most compelling player on tour. He does things his way. His distance and putting transformations are more interesting than the absolute numbers. He has motivated me to work on gaining yards off the tee. There will be tee shots this year where I huff and puff and amp up for my version of the kraken. 😃 I am particularly paying attention to how he uses left arm positioning to control face. And seeing a guy go from so-so on the greens to darn good gives me hope.

I still don’t buy into the OL. But I pay attention to those who do. I am quite curious. Again, Bryson leads by showing that following norms is not a requirement. I take that to heart.

He is great for golf right now.

I don’t like him, but if you deny him being probably the most interesting, and entertaining, golfer on the planet right now then you are lying to yourself.

I don’t like him, but if you deny him being probably the most interesting, and entertaining, golfer on the planet right now then you are lying to yourself.
Then I’m lying to myself because he’s not on my radar. Spieth on the other hand is..

Then I’m lying to myself because he’s not on my radar. Spieth on the other hand is..

I mean he's on your radar, right? This is the Bryson DeChambeau thread after all :ROFLMAO:

Maltbie was correct, tour official got it wrong

that’s probably the most accurate take. I don’t like him and never will (douche hat, don’t care for his antics, don’t like his personality), but I’m glued to the TV to see what he does. That’s worth a lot.

I mean he's on your radar, right? This is the Bryson DeChambeau thread after all :ROFLMAO:
No this is for “conversation sake”

I think the issue in this tweet is that he placed the ball. You can see his finger come off of it. Then he shifted the ball to line it up as if he were replacing a ball on the green. I don’t know exactly when the ball is considered live. But, I’d assume it’s as soon as he takes his fingers off of it.

I can honestly say I've felt this way too but man is he fun to watch at times. Speaking in generalities not at you but If someone didn't like his reaction to his tee shot on 6 Saturday then you must be one of those people hate having fun. I thought it awesome and a sight to see.

I think the issue in this tweet is that he placed the ball. You can see his finger come off of it. Then he shifted the ball to line it up as if he were replacing a ball on the green. I don’t know exactly when the ball is considered live. But, I’d assume it’s as soon as he takes his fingers off of it.
As I read further, makes sense, but I think Bryson asked the official and got the 🟢 to align the ball.

Correct, it looks like a balk baseball for what you see in the video, get that alignment line where I want it, oops move it just a little, nobody seen that, ok let’s putt!

As I read further, makes sense, but I think Bryson asked the official and got the 🟢 to align the ball.
He absolutely asked the official you could hear it. If the official who is right there is going to allow it then there should be no issue

Back