Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Rory McIlroy validates DeChambeau's approach, on two fronts, in his post-round media appearance after missing the cut at The Players today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Chasing Bryson's style of play messed up Rory, which is what the quotes you've cited reveal.

all this talk about his power and how that's an advantage, it seems like the only time he is in contention is when he's putting well, but i don't mean making 4-6 footers i mean making tons of putts outside like 15'. i just looked it up and he's 187th on tour this year in proximity to the hole. imagine if he could actually hit the ball decently closer to the hole???

all this talk about his power and how that's an advantage, it seems like the only time he is in contention is when he's putting well, but i don't mean making 4-6 footers i mean making tons of putts outside like 15'. i just looked it up and he's 187th on tour this year in proximity to the hole. imagine if he could actually hit the ball decently closer to the hole???
It's partially due to coverage. Last week, his longest putt made was 14' until the back nine Sunday. He's made some longer ones this week, but his strength is his consistency from inside 10. Similar to how his chipping is a big topic when he hits a bad one, but the stats show he's a great scrambler and good out of the sand. Watching most of his play the last two weeks, he's actually been a lot sloppier than he was last summer after the restart, and he was playing much worse the weeks prior. His iron play has been especially worse, but it's partially due to his driving accuracy being down from last summer too.

I have no idea why he used it. . All I know was that the LtD performed better for him than the Rad so that’s why it was in the bag.

I speculate that the LTD was just giving him better numbers recently. Still a Cobra driver though! Being the top dog in the Cobra stable, he’s got some leeway in his bag. Just keep pumping those One Length sales!

Everybody talks about his length, but without making putts it wouldn't do him much good...the guy can putt too.

I think @b_dechambeau has replaced exclaiming 4 letter words with his caddies name.... TIM!!!

I think @b_dechambeau has replaced exclaiming 4 letter words with his caddies name.... TIM!!!
From what I've seen of him, I don't think he'll ever be the guy caught on a hot mic uttering profanity. Unless I've missed it somewhere along the line, it seems like he does a pretty good job of keeping that kind of stuff out of his vocabulary, at least publicly if nothing else.

I think I’m starting to become a Bryson fan. I like his ability to stick to his plan and follow through. There has to be a ton of noise that he ignores.

I've never heard of a player cracking an iron before.

I remember them both looking at it walking off the front tee in such confusion. Absolutely crazy. Would love to see a pic but I understand why that is unlikely.

I don't think he's going for looks. He's going for results. They're all going for results - way too much money out there for these guys to be pretentious. Bryson would putt side-saddle if it would get the results (and were legal).

I thought side saddle was legal?????

It is legal.

There was an issue with the way the Bryson did it for a bit.. It was his putter not the style that was deemed none conforming. I don't remember exactly wat it was. I think it was too upright..

1616511908514.png

I thought side saddle was legal?????
I thought it was illegal.

What about the through-the-legs putting technique? Maybe I'm confusing the two?

An oh so familiar sound.

Ive done it on back to back to holes, more than once. Id know that sound with my eyes closed.

I think this video is worth watching. I'm about 99% sure his comment about fans shouting will be the feature on every article or talking point written about it (taken intentionally out of context), but man it just makes me want to sit down with him even more.

I think this video is worth watching. I'm about 99% sure his comment about fans shouting will be the feature on every article or talking point written about it (taken intentionally out of context), but man it just makes me want to sit down with him even more.

love this interview. The poor reporter wanted to ask the brooks questions in good taste but couldn’t figure out a good way to ask it :ROFLMAO:

what Bryson said at the end is key. I need to migrate into spinning this into something positive that fuels me.

I would love to see Bryson seek out the advice of Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Tiger and pick their brains on when the crowd turns on you, when EVERYONE is rooting against you how did you turn that into YOUR moment and not the crowds.

Reading through the comments and people are latching SO hard onto the people Bryson mentioned who were "different" like Musk and Bezos...

He used household names as examples because they are relatable. He didn't say "we're revolutionary" he said "we're different" hahaha - And frankly, he's right. He is about as against the grain and polarizing as they come even if you take away every single sound byte ever created by him as it relates to the golf swing.

So many are just looking for reasons to hate him. It's so awkward.

Reading through the comments and people are latching SO hard onto the people Bryson mentioned who were "different" like Musk and Bezos...

He used household names as examples because they are relatable. He didn't say "we're revolutionary" he said "we're different" hahaha - And frankly, he's right. He is about as against the grain and polarizing as they come even if you take away every single sound byte ever created by him as it relates to the golf swing.

So many are just looking for reasons to hate him. It's so awkward.

See the Instagram post THPGolf just made about him donating money to charity as we approach 9/11. Yikes at some people.

love this interview. The poor reporter wanted to ask the brooks questions in good taste but couldn’t figure out a good way to ask it :ROFLMAO:

what Bryson said at the end is key. I need to migrate into spinning this into something positive that fuels me.

I would love to see Bryson seek out the advice of Reggie Miller, Michael Jordan, Tiger and pick their brains on when the crowd turns on you, when EVERYONE is rooting against you how did you turn that into YOUR moment and not the crowds.
Has the crowd ever turned on Tiger? That's super interesting, because from a crowd perspective, he's the guy to talk to about handling the pressure, no doubt - but have they ever been anything but supportive?

I'd say he should talk to Patty Reed, or maybe even a Sergio or Norman or Jack about it.. What do I do when these folks would rather see me break my ankle than hit a halfway decent golf shot.

Back