Bryson DeChambeau Thread

I think this video is worth watching. I'm about 99% sure his comment about fans shouting will be the feature on every article or talking point written about it (taken intentionally out of context), but man it just makes me want to sit down with him even more.

he said that perfectly… I hope he means it. It appeared heartfelt and I appreciate that.

Has the crowd ever turned on Tiger? That's super interesting, because from a crowd perspective, he's the guy to talk to about handling the pressure, no doubt - but have they ever been anything but supportive?

I'd say he should talk to Patty Reed, or maybe even a Sergio or Norman or Jack about it.. What do I do when these folks would rather see me break my ankle than hit a halfway decent golf shot.

you are right, the crowds have never fully turned on Tiger and he really hasn’t seen much negativity at all since his hiatus after the divorce but I do think tiger has the most experience with people trying to screw him up in his backswing. Maybe it happens to others just as often they just don’t react like he does and the broadcast does a good job of masking it but all the names you mentioned within the golf sphere would all be great brains to pick for this situation.

you are right, the crowds have never fully turned on Tiger and he really hasn’t seen much negativity at all since his hiatus after the divorce but I do think tiger has the most experience with people trying to screw him up in his backswing. Maybe it happens to others just as often they just don’t react like he does and the broadcast does a good job of masking it but all the names you mentioned within the golf sphere would all be great brains to pick for this situation.
I've really enjoyed the extra exposure this has created to the guys who have struggled with fan obstruction, if anything. We all knew that Reed was getting pummeled for his poor decisions, but I didn't realize how bad it really was. I can only imagine the kind of conversations some of them would be.

What i think is challenging for Bryson, is that he doesn't seem to do well burying inside himself like a Patty Reed. He wants to have fun with the crowd, he wants to show emotion it seems.

I've really enjoyed the extra exposure this has created to the guys who have struggled with fan obstruction, if anything. We all knew that Reed was getting pummeled for his poor decisions, but I didn't realize how bad it really was. I can only imagine the kind of conversations some of them would be.

What i think is challenging for Bryson, is that he doesn't seem to do well burying inside himself like a Patty Reed. He wants to have fun with the crowd, he wants to show emotion it seems.

makes me wonder what was said at The Presidents Cup when the caddie punched the fan.

I think this video is worth watching. I'm about 99% sure his comment about fans shouting will be the feature on every article or talking point written about it (taken intentionally out of context), but man it just makes me want to sit down with him even more.

Thanks for sharing. Eye opening.

Thanks for sharing the link to the interview. His responses make him more relatable. I really liked it when he talked about the desire to hit bombs, make putts and hit great iron shots. I think that that is something we all would like to do.

We all have good and bad days. I still like Bryson a lot. Thanks for sharing the video.

I really like this video and I have also been a big Bryson fan from the beginning. I believe deep down, all he wants is to be liked and accepted. I also think he’a approached some things the wrong way and that’s hurt him in this case, but we all make mistakes, we are all human. I do hope that him and Brooks can find a way to squash the beef but I’m not sure Brooks will be into that, maybe Steve will make them be cordial until after the Ryder cup is done but I don’t think it lasts long after that.

Good interview with Bryson, and it shows a lot more of his true personality than the usual quick post-round sound bites. Unfortunately there will still be those who will twist it and take it out of context.

Soooooo what about the comments during Brooks' interview that he never intended for anyone to hear? I believe about 25% of what he says.

I’ve watched his video’s on YouTube and love the look he gives into his thought process and life on tour. He seems ok in those videos. I like him in interviews too. That being said, I could also see why people would think he is a douche. I do think he is good for golf as someone who takes a totally different approach than every other golfer on tour!

man, if he just wore that hat during tourneys, he’d solve half of his problem :p

I thought it was a good interview, but it isn’t just about being different. It’s that he purposely accentuates certain things. I’m just waiting on “gym hardo” grunts to start as he tries to drive it as far as he can.

Great video. Hopefully he can keep on that path. That guy was very likable.

Well, friends.....

How are we on Bryson this week?
Same as before. He’s fun, but you know inevitably he will put his foot back in his mouth or scream at a cameraman.

Well, friends.....

He had a great week all around. I’d like to see that Bryson continue forward. Can he? Will he?

Same as before. He’s fun, but you know inevitably he will put his foot back in his mouth or scream at a cameraman.
An entire weekend without that hat on - he went up in my books :ROFLMAO:

He had a great week all around. I’d like to see that Bryson continue forward. Can he? Will he?
Some days yes, some days no. :LOL:

I think his behavior this weekend was a departure from the norm for him. I think the team aspect had a huge influence on him. I think that when he returns to play for Mad Scientist Enterprises, bad Bryson will resurface.

I think the Bryson we saw at the Ryder Cup is great for golf.
He’s always been great for golf, when he’s been that Bryson

Well, friends.....

Have never had a problem with Bryson. So this week next week all good. He lives under a microscope. He's human and makes mistakes as we all do. His just get amplified 1000X.

He’s always been great for golf, when he’s been that Bryson
Guess I just haven’t seen enough of that Bryson in my two years of following the game.

Guess I just haven’t seen enough of that Bryson in my two years of following the game.
I think that’s the problem, no one has

Back