Bryson DeChambeau Thread

I think his behavior this weekend was a departure from the norm for him. I think the team aspect had a huge influence on him. I think that when he returns to play for Mad Scientist Enterprises, bad Bryson will resurface.
What about this last week felt so different from him?

i think bryson struck a really good balance at the ryder cup between embracing his distance persona, but also showing passion for the event and his teammates and his country. i thought he was great all weekend.

Some days yes, some days no. :LOL:

I'm in the same camp, watching the post round, he definitely seemed more personable, and the announcers reminded me his interactions with fans and his going out of his way to sign autographs. While I didn't see it the announcers also said he and Brooks "hugged it out"

Not sure what he was throwing out, but I'm sure that will gain him fan points.

I'm in the same camp, watching the post round, he definitely seemed more personable, and the announcers reminded me his interactions with fans and his going out of his way to sign autographs. While I didn't see it the announcers also said he and Brooks "hugged it out"

Not sure what he was throwing out, but I'm sure that will gain him fan points.
Definitely, I just wish he would see how the people might embrace him without the crazy.

What about this last week felt so different from him?

I think that playing for 11 others and for USA brought out different Bryson. He appeared less frustrated with himself and his play during his round than he does most weeks. I think he reacted differently to bad shots or bad lies or other misfortune in the course of play.

I liked his overall demeanor this weekend. I am definitely no Bryson fan and he had me on his side this weekend. He seemed a lot more personable and less robotic. It was a great atmosphere for him to display a different side that we don't always get to see. Honestly like a completely different person. Less concerned about his "brand". Hope we see more of Ryder Cup Bryson and a lot less of the Mad Scientist Bryson going forward.

Definitely, I just wish he would see how the people might embrace him without the crazy.
He could be the biggest current day golfer with fans for sure. I like the guy either way but really prefer this Bryson.

He could be the biggest current day golfer with fans for sure. I like the guy either way but really prefer this Bryson.
Agreed!

Agree that haters going to hate.

He is one of my favorite golfers going right now. He can be must watch TV and he can be a total dipsh@t. Just fun seeing which each week.

Agree that haters going to hate.

He is one of my favorite golfers going right now. He can be must watch TV and he can be a total dipsh@t. Just fun seeing which each week.
Always rolling the dice.

I will say one thing about it though.. Regardless of how he acts, it is SO much fun to see the crowd get on his side. You just don't see enough of that emotional variance for a golfers decision.

Like him or not, he's having a profound effect on the game of golf and its future play ...

My stance did not change; I still like the guy, but his likability does ebb and flow over time.

I liked his overall demeanor this weekend. I am definitely no Bryson fan and he had me on his side this weekend. He seemed a lot more personable and less robotic. It was a great atmosphere for him to display a different side that we don't always get to see. Honestly like a completely different person. Less concerned about his "brand". Hope we see more of Ryder Cup Bryson and a lot less of the Mad Scientist Bryson going forward.
I agree completely with everything you wrote. I'd love to see more of 'Ryder Cup Bryson' going forward. I know it's petty but please, lose the hat.

It's been great to see Bryson loose and having the time of his life at the Ryder Cup and the Long Drive competition.

I agree completely with everything you wrote. I'd love to see more of 'Ryder Cup Bryson' going forward. I know it's petty but please, lose the hat.
Bryson has said that he wears the flat cap as a tribute to Payne Stewart. I have a hard time finding anything wrong with that.

Yea. I’m not a fan over him overall, but he just gets full props here. I think it’s incredibly impressive how well he did, he didn’t do it as a meme, and was decently competitive.

Bryson has said that he wears the flat cap as a tribute to Payne Stewart. I have a hard time finding anything wrong with that.
Of all the things Bryson do to 'fit in' a bit better, a hat swap would be very much welcomed.

I'd take the knickers over the hat any day.

Wardrobe Department Calling for Bryson.

(Cuater)

IMG_0784.jpeg

Last edited:
Of all the things Bryson do to 'fit in' a bit better, a hat swap would be very much welcomed.

I'd take the knickers over the hat any day.
It would be pretty cool if the hat was just his Sunday thing. Then when people asked about it, he could say it was a tribute to Payne. Instead, the Payne aspect has been lost a little and it is now just Bryson in his stupid hat. I loved Payne and I like Bryson, but I don’t love/like the hat.

It would be pretty cool if the hat was just his Sunday thing. Then when people asked about it, he could say it was a tribute to Payne. Instead, the Payne aspect has been lost a little and it is now just Bryson in his stupid hat. I loved Payne and I like Bryson, but I don’t love/like the hat.
I agree with that, a lot.

He is of course welcome to do what he wants, no different from anyone else... But the hat is definitely polarizing.

I think he did a great job at the long drive competition as well. Hopefully we are beginning to see the better side of Bryson. His excitement was infectious, yet he was humble about it all. I really hope he continues this trend. That goes for the hat as well. ;)

I agree with that, a lot.

He is of course welcome to do what he wants, no different from anyone else... But the hat is definitely polarizing.
I think one thing that many are missing on this is that those hats are stupid comfortable. I may (allegedly) own a couple. They don't work well for blocking the sun though so from that aspect they are tough to wear often.

K.. i have been a Bryson guy for a while. But, I am starting to really like this guy and his willingness to try stuff. I think he is crazy, I hope he does not break himself with all of this but I love it at the same time.

Back