Bryson DeChambeau WITB: 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic Winner

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a look at WITB of the 2020 Rocket Mortgage Classic Winner Bryson DeChambeau.

Driver: Cobra KING SPEEDZONE 7.5 with LA Golf BAD Proto shaft 75TX

FW Woods: Cobra KING LTD 3 and 5 wood with LA Golf Trono BAD Proto shafts 75TX and 85TX

Irons: Cobra KING One Length Utility 4 & 5 and Cobra KING Forged Tour One Length 6-PW with LA Golf Rebar Proto Iron shafts

Wedges: Artisan Prototypes 50, 55 and 60 with LA Golf Rebar Proto Wedge shafts

Putter: SIK Prototype with LA Golf C2L Shaft

Golf Ball: 2020 Bridgestone TOUR B X with REACTIV Cover...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job @JB, you didn’t waste any time getting that out - the ball was still rattling in the bottom of the cup!

Now let’s hear your analysis of his wedge shafts. :LOL:

Good for him!

• Admin
Great job @JB, you didn’t waste any time getting that out - the ball was still rattling in the bottom of the cup!

Now let’s hear your analysis of his wedge shafts. :LOL:

This is normally @Jman and he gets the credit. Crazy holiday weekend so we wanted to share it quickly.

This is normally @Jman and he gets the credit. Crazy holiday weekend so we wanted to share it quickly.
Much appreciated too! I’m being drug all over by the family 😭

Those shafts are sick.

Those iron shafts are crazy, If I heard Jose correctly they are like 2K each??? and Not avail to the Public.

Those iron shafts are crazy, If I heard Jose correctly they are like 2K each??? and Not avail to the Public.
The Public probably couldn't swing them anyway, I'll bet those things are like concrete-coated rebar.

Im not sure that is accurate.
He is playing Protos of a new shaft LA Golf is working on.

I
would buy $2k shafts to win 1.35m this week and over 3m in the last month.

I’m glad I’m furloughed from Dick’s because every fool in Nashville will want their irons cut to 7 iron length or extended.
Having to explain to people that it doesn’t work like that, is an every time occurrence when Bryson wins.

I’m glad I’m furloughed from Dick’s because every fool in Nashville will want their irons cut to 7 iron length or extended.
Having to explain to people that it doesn’t work like that, is an every time occurrence when Bryson wins.
It’s not? Oops. Back to the drawing board and ebay. :LOL:

Good for him. He has been playing well and I’ll be the first to admit that I had my doubts.

Is it a bad thing that he is having such success with such nonstandard equipment?

i'm glad he got this win as well...let's see how far he can go now.

golfer: I'd like to hit the rebar proto please
fitter: :rolleyes:
X100 gives me the chills, so rebar sounds insane to me. But if you have 200 ball speed potential, rebar might be necessary

Nice. Although several here have written/talked about LA golf shafts and Bryson's shafts. I haven't paid that much attention. I mostly noted that he went graphite top to bottom. At this point with the WITB , I'm grooving on names like BAD and Rebar. It can't be long before the BAD enough and Rebar lite shafts start rolling out for the rest of us. (y)

Back