Bryson Hitting Bombs

pretty sure he has Speedzone driver in the bag for 2020.
He's been using the LTD lately. Can't remember which youtuber was talking about rumor being that he was breaking SZ heads, but I never checked into it because I don't care, and he's used the ltd a lot in the past, so it's not weird that he would.

I don't know if I would call his swing effortless, but his upper body strength (and hand strength) is making it look like he's swinging a headless shaft with the driver. Zero resistance. It's ridiculous to watch, imo. Rory is power mixed with grace and efficiency. Bryson just looks like the club barely exists to him.

Last edited:
Drug testing may be necessary ;) :p :p Strength training gains obvious for Bryson!

he said he was going to get crazy strong to pick up distance. he absolutely has. but at what cost? I've been watching him play, and his short game - particularly shots from 125 and in - has been abysmal. he will hit a 340 drive, then have to grind over an 8-footer for par because the next 2 shots have been so bad. maybe he's just been focusing on distance so much that he has neglected this short game, because i feel like that didn't use to be a liability. either way, it doesn't seem to have helped much from what I've seen.
Sounds like the main thing is he is still getting a grasp on iron/wedge distances. 4 weeks ago, he was overshooting greens from 150 and in. He's been getting it figured out and he's definitely coming around. Had the lowest weekend score at API.

He is back in the LTD fwiw. Check this out from API, just insane.

Not really. Less tournaments. They only measure a couple of drives each tournament.

Interestingly though, the numbers don’t seem to make sense for that. Just two less rounds (24 versus 26) for Rory, but 20 less drives (52 versus 32). Sergio has 20 rounds but only 16 drives. Why is this?

He's been using the LTD lately. Can't remember which youtuber was talking about rumor being that he was breaking SZ heads, but I never checked into it because I don't care, and he's used the ltd a lot in the past, so it's not weird that he would.

I don't know if I would call his swing effortless, but his upper body strength (and hand strength) is making it look like he's swinging a headless shaft with the driver. Zero resistance. It's ridiculous to watch, imo. Rory is power mixed with grace and efficiency. Bryson just looks like the club barely exists to him.

he has liked that head for a long time. The LTD is lower launching and spinning than the speedzone. Brysons swing mechanics seem to create spin issues. He is always looking to reduce spin.

Wow I am surprised by that. Guess all that time in the weight room is paying off haha

Those are just insane distances. :eek:

Hope it works out for him in the end. I'd be concerned about my short game and the effects of weight lifting on that...but hey if it works for him, it works.

Looks like he's achieved his goal.

But yeah, roll that ball back and fix the distance problem.

I'm a big Bryson fan. I'm glad his plan of bulking up lent itself to increased distance.

I guess those new golf coaches are working out for him

I need to get to the gym :LOL:

Who was it that was saying any distance gains are down to equipment advances??? Oh yes, it is too early to tell still.....

I need to get to the gym :LOL:
You and me both :LOL:

I saw a tweet this morning that had a video of Bryson hitting drivers. Faldo was videoing it. Bryson hit 201 mph ball speed. It only carried 340 something because spin was up around 2900.

It's the hat....gotta be the hat !

Like or dislike the guy, I dig that he continues to tinker & push the limits on what he’s doing on the course. Spieth must be looking at this transformation and scratching his head now.

I saw a tweet this morning that had a video of Bryson hitting drivers. Faldo was videoing it. Bryson hit 201 mph ball speed. It only carried 340 something because spin was up around 2900.

201 ball speed?????

His physique and stats have both attained Beast Mode over the last year! The transformation is not unlike Barry Bonds in the MLB several years ago. Hopefully he's not on the roids...

201 ball speed?????

That's what the tweet said and Faldo showed the display on the launch monitor that showed 201, and the launch angle, carry and spin numbers.

wow- how much mass did Bryson put on? A quick google search says he's 6'1'' 205 pounds. He looks bigger to me, maybe those are his old numbers?

Also- I find it very interesting that Bryson is bulking to add distance and Phil thinned out and increased distance. Everyone is different.

wow- how much mass did Bryson put on? A quick google search says he's 6'1'' 205 pounds. He looks bigger to me, maybe those are his old numbers?

Also- I find it very interesting that Bryson is bulking to add distance and Phil thinned out and increased distance. Everyone is different.
I think Bryson bulked up trying to add muscle primarily. I think Phil slimmed down trying to lose fat primarily.

The common theme is both guys are physically stronger now, Phil just lost the fat.

Back