Bryson Hitting Bombs

Holy clubhead speed is right. I tried to frame by frame a drive of Bryson's the other day to check positions and stuff, and it's annoying difficult with how fast he's swinging it. lol

YTD, that's not the ball. That's just Bryson becoming Bryson DeChamBro.
I am just pointing out the fact that I just noticed this, and it made me laugh my a** off.

It looks like his shirt ate his neck. Man, the dude really has some power now. His swing looks so stiff and restricted now. Not that it was the prettiest swing in the first place. But, hey, as long as it works.

Tough to notice in the video, but he's hitting a Speedzone head there (and then spinning too much). Seems like he's trying to make it work but goes back to the LTD for competition. Fun process.

So what? He isnt winning.

So what? He isnt winning.

He won last year, multiple times the year before and early in this season already has 5 top 5s.
Seems like he is doing pretty darn well.

He won last year, multiple times the year before and early in this season already has 5 top 5s.
Right but that was before he started bulking up. If he won before and is now hitting the ball farther than ever, why hasnt he won yet? I mean, other than trying to show up Brooks, thats the whole point, isnt it? 🤷‍♂️

Right but that was before he started bulking up. If he won before and is now hitting the ball farther than ever, why hasnt he won yet? I mean, other than trying to show up Brooks, thats the whole point, isnt it? 🤷‍♂️
Because golf is hard? Because there are other very talented players up against him? I don't know. There are likely a lot of reasons.

Because golf is hard? Because there are other very talented players up against him? I don't know. There are likely a lot of reasons.

And its been about a month (of tournaments) and he has multiple top 5s so far. Seems to me, like him or not, he is doing rather well. In that same span, these guys haven't won either.

Brooks Koepka
Justin Thomas
Dustin Johnson
Tiger Woods

And the list goes on. I would say winning this much for a young player is pretty darn good. Saying you need to hit the ball further, bulking up and getting top 5s right after doing so this early is pretty darn good too.

And its been about a month (of tournaments) and he has multiple top 5s so far. Seems to me, like him or not, he is doing rather well. In that same span, these guys haven't won either.

Brooks Koepka
Justin Thomas
Dustin Johnson
Tiger Woods

And the list goes on. I would say winning this much for a young player is pretty darn good. Saying you need to hit the ball further, bulking up and getting top 5s right after doing so this early is pretty darn good too.
Not to mention how much your body mechanics can change when you are adding that kind of muscle. To be able to play through this kind of change at the level he is, is pretty impressive.

Rory and Brooks have not won yet this year either (talking calender 2020). Neither has Rahm, Thomas, or any other golfer in the top 5! Winning is not the complete story. Bryson is playing pretty well. He will close the deal at some point. As will the other two. Well at least Rory. Brooks, I am of the opinion will be on a bit of a slide this year.

Watching the huge progress each week with adjusting to his iron and wedge distances, the fact he's already having top 5s should terrify people. He had the best weekend score at API. If he figures it all out, it's gonna look like that stretch he had in 2018.

I am surprised by this, but Bryson put a lot of time in the gym this off season - I’m impressed how serious he’s taking this

Damn.....peeps wanting results out of players less than 3 months into the season. Tough crowd. Thank Gosh they haven’t found the Jordan Spieth thread yet.

Hopefully he wont re-injure his "Quadratus Lumborum" again... that was quite the scientific response he gave 2 years ago when he had lower back issues.

I'm not so sure how long bulking up and the golf swing will hold up for him. Imo this is a brief experiment.

He's swinging out of his shoes, max effort, 100% like a long drive guy, that's pretty much never worked out well for any golfer.

I'd say he's on the path to much scrambling and injuries, and as someone else already pointed out - he was winning plenty before this new plan so why do it? I guess he sees Rory and Brooks dominate with length but neither one ever looked like they were out of control with the big club, Bryson does.

That is insane. Just can't wrap my head around that.

I think only time will tell if it leads to more injuries.
Because of his scientific approach to things, I am sure he is also strengthening the secondary muscle groups that seem to get hurt when you only strengthen the primary muscles. I think the injuries from bulking up we have seen previously cannot be fully associated with the increased muscle either.
To answer @MrDC 's questions on the why. Its Bryson, he is going to keep tinkering until the end of time. He looked into how increased distance on shots can improve your chances to win and went after it.
I mean look at Bryson vs Brooks last year. Anyone would want to have Brooks' record last year and if Bryson attributes some of that to distance that is why he would tinker with it.

He's swinging out of his shoes, max effort, 100% like a long drive guy, that's pretty much never worked out well for any golfer.

I'd say he's on the path to much scrambling and injuries, and as someone else already pointed out - he was winning plenty before this new plan so why do it? I guess he sees Rory and Brooks dominate with length but neither one ever looked like they were out of control with the big club, Bryson does.
He's definitely swinging out of his shoes in that video, that looks nothing like his regular swing when he's actually playing. I doubt he'd have much longevity if he swung like that all the time.

BEAFY BRYSON > Bryson of years past

During the Players (what there was of it), according to Golf Channel BD hit 201 mph ball speed during a practice session.

370 into wind and out driving Rory. is ridiculous.

Back