Bryson Leads in Distance with Record Setting Number

I think a lot of it is statistical anomaly as to which drives are counted at certain venues, did they even hit the fairway on that hole being measured that day? I don't think for a moment that Bryson is considerably longer than say John Rahm, who's #22 on this year's list.

DJ. 14 events. 3 victories. Driving distance: #10 @ 310 yards.
JT. 18 events. 3 victories. #35 @ 304 yards.
Webb. 14 events. 2 victories. #107 @ 296 yards. :eek:

321 is a number often touted by a certain on line instructor as if he did it consistently with an effortless, passive arms, swing. On one demo, he took three balls, numbered them with a sharpie and all three shots landed either on the green or near it.

The one who has a different named golf school every few years? :ROFLMAO:

who won the best hat of the year award? who did he edge out for that one?
ROLL BACK THE FLAT CAP OR WHATEVER THE HELL THAT THING IS!

Bryson will somehow turn that yard into a much larger distance.:cool:

Finally, a little reason in this silly debate. Bryson can keep doing his things his way and have a few wins but distance isn’t a new think. The last few months have shown you can defend a course even with long drives.

i wonder if champ went on a tear and won or contended every week for a stretch, whether he would be the poster child for the "distance is bad" crowd. champ's distance is so graceful, bryson looks like he's playing tug of war.
We all know that Bryson is getting blasted for being Bryson, not for being long, right?

Cam Champ would totally get a pass... and by 'would' I mean 'does'

He did pick up what about 17 yards from last year? Good for him if steak eggs and heavy objects make ya hit it further.
I'll take JT's 304 and 3 wins all day every day. His back might last longer too.

Hank who? Yeah.... the distance chase is kinda like NFL running backs. They don't always last a long time. :cautious:
DJ and that putter....making it happen. (y)

We all know that Bryson is getting blasted for being Bryson, not for being long, right?

Cam Champ would totally get a pass... and by 'would' I mean 'does'
Tell the doofs in the TV booths to stop fawning over B.A.D. every two seconds and I think we'll all be just fine with him. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Tell the doofs in the TV booths to stop fawning over B.A.D. every two seconds and I think we'll all be just fine with him. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
I've got golf twitter on line two with a message. "Hold my beer"

• Haha
Reactions: JB
All the emotion around Bryson and distance... and he only edged Champ by a yard lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao
It’s pretty funny. Not as funny as his antics, but funny for sure.

The one who has a different named golf school every few years? :ROFLMAO:
yup....he has to sorta reinvent himself. He does have an impressive number of followers.

When equipment is rolled back or distance limited, I propose an age cutoff as a way to phase in changes for amateurs. Let's use an arbitrary age, say 55. ;) To those under 55 .... you can always move up a tee box. 😇

Pros ... IDK. Let 'em whack the ball. I like seeing the carnage when they miss the fairway into long ugly rough. They can't resist the temptation. And how about a little longer grass on the fairways so they don't roll like bowling alleys. Save on mowing costs. Win, win.
So... you're saying everyone over 55 is grandfathered and not subject to the rollback? Make it 48 and I'm in.:)

Finally, a little reason in this silly debate. Bryson can keep doing his things his way and have a few wins but distance isn’t a new think. The last few months have shown you can defend a course even with long drives.

Agreed. Bryson proved, without intent, that accuracy can still be priority if the superintendents or powers that be, are willing to narrow the fairways and grow the rough. Out driving players by thirty or forty yards but having to continually hack out of the 4” rough is not just physically taxing but also mentally.

One thing to consider this year as well, without patrons, players didn’t have the advantage of trampled down grass off the fairways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Bryson proved, without intent, that accuracy can still be priority if the superintendents or powers that be, are willing to narrow the fairways and grow the rough. Out driving players by thirty or forty yards but having to continually hack out of the 4” rough is not just physically taxing but also mentally.

One thing to consider this year as well, without patrons, players didn’t have the advantage of trampled down grass off the fairways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also didnt have the advantage of balls getting weird bounces or found, when otherwise wouldnt be. :ROFLMAO:

Amazing!

His driving was impressive, for sure but what good is it? 0 major wins for Bryson.

His driving was impressive, for sure but what good is it? 0 major wins for Bryson.
He has played In a single major since his distance increase and finished top 5. Clearly worked for him considering his results.

I think most of the tour players, maybe even golfers in general, are really scared of the question "would you be better if you were stronger?" Bryson doesn't appear to be, and I'd say it worked out pretty well.

Big deal. He's never going to be in same league as DJ or Rory. He and that mouth piece Koepka can duke it out.

Big deal. He's never going to be in same league as DJ or Rory. He and that mouth piece Koepka can duke it out.

Didn't he outplay Rory since the re-start?

Didn't he outplay Rory since the re-start?

he came out guns a blazin in those first 4 events back. Outside of the PGA Championship though he's been a different player than the guy who first returned. Would love to see him back on track next week because it would be a great test for his style of play.

he came out guns a blazin in those first 4 events back. Outside of the PGA Championship though he's been a different player than the guy who first returned. Would love to see him back on track next week because it would be a great test for his style of play.

Agreed, although I don't think the course or setup will suit his game. We shall see.
Interesting though is since the restart, he does have 5 top 10s and a win. Including a top 5 in the only major this year so far.

While time will tell on his career, I always find it amusing how the results are dismissed, especially when comparing it to other bombers such as Cam Champ or even Finau.

Back