I think this is definitely a Bryson problem and not a club problem. I currently have the Radspeed XB and it is the best damn driver I have ever hit in my life.

He swings so fast it changes everything and has a club you can’t buy in a store…he should have known that comment would snowball into a disaster.

The check mechanism in his brain took a most unfortunate moment to malfunction.

The check mechanism in his brain took a most unfortunate moment to malfunction.
I don’t think this model was equipped with one…..

This was a topic on PTI yesterday, which is unfortunate. It seems to be overtaking the actual golf play.

I freaking love my SpeedZone, and the RAD was even better for me when I hit it in a sim at release. I really feel bad for the Cobra team because they did so much right to get here in terms of performance and popularity, just to now be sideswiped by an ally.

Bryson forgot that when you circle the wagons, you are supposed to shoot out.

This was a topic on PTI yesterday, which is unfortunate. It seems to be overtaking the actual golf play.

I freaking love my SpeedZone, and the RAD was even better for me when I hit it in a sim at release. I really feel bad for the Cobra team because they did so much right to get here in terms of performance and popularity, just to now be sideswiped by an ally.

Bryson forgot that when you circle the wagons, you are supposed to shoot out.

This is the tough party, Cobra has great equipment, in this case the driver and any momentum they had with it from a marketing perspective took a big hit bc of how many follow Bryson.

Even though we know he’s not playing anything remotely close to what we can get our hands on, that’s lost in the rant and the average guy thinks “cobra must not be making anything good if he’s unhappy”

This is the tough party, Cobra has great equipment, in this case the driver and any momentum they had with it from a marketing perspective took a big hit bc of how many follow Bryson.

Even though we know he’s not playing anything remotely close to what we can get our hands on, that’s lost in the rant and the average guy thinks “cobra must not be making anything good if he’s unhappy”
I was thinking about this on my drive yesterday. There are a lot of casual golfers that will probably hear that snippet from him and now look down on Cobra drivers. It's super unfortunate because 1. They are very high performing and 2. They are a great value in the market.

What a crappy deal for Cobra.

I think there’s concern for a segment being that way, but I think it’s underestimated how many people just think he’s a clown and always have with his schtick.

Would anyone be surprised if they dropped him?

I will bet you $1 that Cobra does not drop Bryson over this.

I would understand either stance by Cobra. On one hand is a very talented player but the other hand has people thinking that Cobra drivers suck and the dubbed commercial is a really bad look. It also costs a S-Load of money to continue to CAD drivers and it sounds like it is never ending from what the tour rep was saying.

I was just thinking about this and I don’t think they can. With One length I feel like they have kind of painted themselves in a corner.

probably some legal wording in the contract that might prevent it, but I sure as hell would díal back the “R&D” support and tell him to look in the mirror and not at my guys for his shortcomings

I would doubt it big time. They would have to drop all the one length stuff. In another thread it’s was decided he was the face of the brand. It can be fixed in time or a few wins.

I would not. I almost half expect it. I betcha he won't represent Rocket Mortgage next year.

I was just thinking about this and I don’t think they can. With One length I feel like they have kind of painted themselves in a corner.
Problem is: If Bryson's comments negatively impact their product lines, I would imagine they'll really harm the OL line. As with the other stuff: I won't let his behavior determine my way going forward. I'd planned to eventually give OL a go and I still will. But perhaps many of those who base their decisions on personalities may not.

Were I Cobra I'd be pretty damned annoyed with DeChambeau right about now.

No way in hell would that happen. They can’t afford to do that, like him or loathe him, he brings a **** ton of attention to the brand, and they have NO ONE else who can do that.

No way in hell would that happen. They can’t afford to do that, like him or loathe him, he brings a **** ton of attention to the brand, and they have NO ONE else who can do that.
And what would the process of separating yourself from him if you wanted to even look like at this point? I'm sure the concept has been or is being tossed around in a 'if we wanted to.. what would that look like?' kind of way, but it's a seriously tall order. The layers of 'what if' anxiety from a business standpoint would be pretty intense. I don't envy Cobra for the current situation, but their marketing people are really good, so I feel like they'll figure out some creative ways to manage it all.

One hopes DeChambeau being the object of widespread derision over his recent behavior will be a wakeup call, he'll straighten out his act, and Cobra won't have to manage it.

Back