New No Laying Up podcast is up and the 22min mark they talk about the Bryson fiasco. Solid podcast and a great breakdown.

I wanted to hop in here today. I’m by no means a huge Bryson fan, and can’t condone his comments today.

Thx to this site I got to spend a glorious weekend w/ a couple geniuses at Cobra golf back when they were beginning their relationship w/ Bryson. Even then it was obvious they were bending over backwards making products for him and being extremely attentive. More than ranting at Bryson, I just feel really bad for the team at Cobra Golf. Their products are too good, and the people there too smart and dedicated, to be smeared by 1 minute of frustration. Just hope this doesn’t affect them adversely. I guess it’s part of the risk of sponsoring pros, but this is unfair imo.

Last edited:
Is a blurb on Instagram a good enough apology? Not even close in my book. He needs to go in front of a camera and apologize.

I kind of feel the same way, but think about it. With the strict COVID protocols that are being enforced at the Open, I doubt that he could just call a press conference. It's not like he has the press corps at his beck and call. Let's see what happens the next time he's in front of a hot mic.

Lots to break down here.

4 of 14 fairways today, Bryson had this to say;

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: Bryson needs to grow up. The driver doesnt suck, he just sucked with the driver today. I think we've all been there but the difference is that most of us arent paid to play a certain brand and to help said brand sell clubs.
When he says, "the driver sucks", how many people do you think are going to go out and buy that driver and how does that make Cobra look? Not good, Bryson. Not good.
As someone who doesnt much care for Bryson, I always love watching him melt down but I also like Cobra and I hate to see this clown be the face of Cobra.

I wanted to hop in here today. I’m by no means a huge Bryson fan, and can’t condone his comments today.

Thx to this site I got to spend a glorious weekend w/ a couple geniuses at Cobra golf back when they were beginning their relationship w/ Bryson. Even then it was obvious they were bending ober backwards making products for him and being extremely attentive. More than ranting at Bryson, I just feel really bad for the team at Cobra Golf. Their products are too good, and the people there too smart and dedicated, to be smeared by 1 minute of frustration. Just hope this doesn’t affect them adversely. I guess it’s part of the risk of sponsoring pros, but this is unfair imo.

I have no idea who this guy is, so I’m just gonna drop this here and walk away.

But I do know who this guy is and… 😂

He apologized, which he needed to do. I think it falls short of apologizing to HIS DRIVER sponsor Cobra. It helps. But he owes them a direct apology. Cobra wasn’t mentioned I don’t believe.

I have no idea who this guy is, so I’m just gonna drop this here and walk away.

that speculation isn't fresh, but it's definitely fallen flat many times.

Hard to really say. I've got a buddy here locally who works out religiously and competes - Said him and his buddies were talking about gains and the majority of the conversation fell around it being unrealistic growth from a natural condition.

Makes me wonder how many, if any, of these guys have juiced.

Well that was a pretty quick back pedal, but cats out of the bag.

Hard to really say. I've got a buddy here locally who works out religiously and competes - Said him and his buddies were talking about gains and the majority of the conversation fell around it being unrealistic growth from a natural condition.

Nothing about Bryson's bulk is striking or alarming.

I've been traveling all day but just came in here to say "Bahahahahahahahahahahha".

Cobra & Bryson deserve each other.

Bryson: “this driver sucks!”

[what I wish Cobra said]: “yeah well your ‘hat’ sucks, but that hasn’t stopped us from trying to sell those f****ing things, so maybe you should try to do the same.”

Only the bomb-and-gouge path that Bryson has chosen seems ripe for juicing. The negative effects of hard-core PEDs would seem counter-productive for normal/traditional golf performance, imo. I think the guy in the tweet above -- regarding drug test timing -- may be on to something that might explain BC's unusual behavior in recent weeks.

Cobra should drop him so he can go win another major and then say his previous equipment sucked.

Shout out to my PXG R&D staff (none of whom I’ve met, and who have no idea who I am). Put my Gen 4 0811 XF in play yesterday, 10.5 degrees set at 9.5 with a 45.5 inch shaft. 7/8 fairways. My driver didn’t suck, and when it does, it’s not the driver.

Last edited:
Back