Bubba with Bubba (Stewart)

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
Motocross was my sport (and the industry I worked in) for a long time, so I thought this was kind of cool.

It wouldn't let me embed the video, so here's the link: http://vimeo.com/96501627

Great video, I'm a big #7,fan. I remember that incident at Unadilla, i hate that it bothered him so much.

Have not kept up with with motocross in years but went to Unidilla about '75. Remember Marty Tripes was running away with a Husky with a real small tank and ran out of gas. The tanks on the Husky MX bikes back then looked they belonged on a mini bike.

Bubba's a pretty cool kid, especially considering all the attention/pressure he grew up with. He was a big blip on the radar for a long time. If you ever watched the old Terrafirma videos, there was a classic scene where he, Carmichael and Pastrana all got interviewed at Loretta Lynn's when they were racing minis. It was hilarious. I interviewed James several times over the years while I was working the MX scene and he was always pretty cool.

I grew up racing motocross as well. I only made it to b class and I have many friends who have gone on to become pros. Bubba is my favorite rider by far followed by Trey Canard.
But still I'm wishing successful years for both Stewart and Watson.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bubba's a pretty cool kid, especially considering all the attention/pressure he grew up with. He was a big blip on the radar for a long time. If you ever watched the old Terrafirma videos, there was a classic scene where he, Carmichael and Pastrana all got interviewed at Loretta Lynn's when they were racing minis. It was hilarious. I interviewed James several times over the years while I was working the MX scene and he was always pretty cool.

Where'd you work?

Like Stewart a lot, seems like a good guy

Where'd you work?

I was a moto journalist for many years. Mostly freelanced, but I did a lot of writing for Cycle News and Racer X on the national stuff. I also had staff positions with Motocross West and another regional mag. I was the PR Manager for Moto XXX Racing from about 2001-2006 as well, so got to work with a lot of cool riders and have tons of friends that are still in the industry.

I was a moto journalist for many years. Mostly freelanced, but I did a lot of writing for Cycle News and Racer X on the national stuff. I also had staff positions with Motocross West and another regional mag. I was the PR Manager for Moto XXX Racing from about 2001-2006 as well, so got to work with a lot of cool riders and have tons of friends that are still in the industry.

Moto XXX was awesome. I have some cool shirts from Moto XXX.

Moto XXX was awesome. I have some cool shirts from Moto XXX.

http://www.motoxxx.com/

It's back! One of the original owners (Jordan) finally got the rights signed over to him from the other previous partners and has resurrected the brand. I saw him a couple weeks ago and got a couple of shirts. He's planning to start doing some rider support and having a presence at races again. Racer X is actually doing a cover story on the team's history, so that will probably give it a nice little boost as well.

Very cool, I'm sure I've read your pieces.

I have really come to appreciate being able to watch #7 race the last couple of years.... every year or 2 some new kid comes in and turns up the heat, wins a ton, and is "the next big thing"...that's impressive and all, but when that kid is 27-28 years old, has 12 years of that level of work, effort, crashing, and physical beatdown under his belt and can still put a complete whooping on the field I must acknowledge their greatness. When Bubs can keep it on 2 wheels for all 20 laps of a SX race, there is still nobody who is consistently as fast as him. This year at Toronto was a perfect example...he was way outside the top 10 after the start and rode thru the field like everyone else was at a demo day outing to win by a huge margin.

I remember an interview with big James on TV a few years ago... he told a story about when Bubs was very young, still racing 60s, they showed up to a state race at a track they had never been to. When they pulled in the owner promptly told them "We don't race N*****S here"....unbelievable that not only would somebody actually say that, but would say it to a dad in front of their 7 year old kid. The crazy thing is, without the hunger and fire in the belly caused by the adversity of blatant racism and near poverty as a kid Bubba may never have reached the level he has.

The man is amazing on 2 wheels. Thanks for sharing this video.

Back