Bucket List- Courses

Dr. Teeth

Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 0.8!
I was just sitting here thinking about how of all of the things I love about golf, playing beautiful, well designed courses is by far my favorite. I have often said that I could play the same clubs forever if I had to, but I couldn't play the same course.
Here's mine in no particular order

Cypress Point
Pebble Beach
Kapalua- Plantation Course
Pinehurst #2
Whistling Straights
Ballyneal
St. Andrews
Ballybunion
Turnberry
Cape Kidnappers
Mission Hills

These are the ones that are just off the top of my head, I have others that I want to play, but these are in a special category. I didn't include Augusta, because I know it is pretty much impossible to play that course and I only have room for one impossible dream on my list and that honor goes to Cypress Point.

So... which courses are on your Bucket List?

Last edited:
I'm just gonna focus all my bucketness on Augusta in hopes it will happen lol.

Pebble Beach
Oakmont
St. Andrews
Augusta National
Torrey Pines
Pine Valley
Baltustrol
TPC Sawgrass
Firestone CC South Course
Pinehurst #2
Bethpage Black
Cypress Point
Doral Blue Monster Course

I'm sure there's more I'm missing but these are the ones that came to mind immediately. I hope I can someday play them all, but a few of them are unbelievably unlikely (Augusta, Pine Valley).

Edit(s): I keep adding more as I think of them.

Last edited:
Top 3, just give me one of them and I'll be happy!
Pine Valley
Cypress Point
Augusta National

Will happen for sure
Old course at St Andrews - possibly honeymoon
Pebble Beach
Pinehurst #2
Bethpage Black

Would be awesome but not deal breakers:
Carnoustie
Old Palm
Old Memorial Golf Club
Firestone CC South Course
Doral Blue Monster
Grey Hawk Golf Club - Raptor
Seminole Golf Club

I get the feeling that we will see a lot of Pine Valley, Augusta, and Cypress Point here. I had never even heard of Cypress Point until Doc mentioned it in the OP. Seems pretty cool.

I love the idea of adding to our lists. This is like a living document.

I'd like to go to Bandon Dunes someday.

They were on the top of my list before I moved to Oregon. Bandon Dunes is honestly my favorite part of living in Oregon.

Wow, great thread. I've never really given this too much thought. I would have to gibe this some thought....

They were on the top of my list before I moved to Oregon. Bandon Dunes is honestly my favorite part of living in Oregon.

Some guy on XM said Bandon was overrated. I wanted to slap him through the receiver. Which do you think is better, Old Macdonald or Bandon itself?

Some guy on XM said Bandon was overrated. I wanted to slap him through the receiver. Which do you think is better, Old Macdonald or Bandon itself?

I definitely don't think Bandon is overrated. Personally I like Bandon Dunes better than Old Macdonald.

That guy is crazy!! haha! I LOVE the Bandon courses! I would put them

Pacific Dunes
Old MacDonald
Bandon Dunes
Bandon Trails

The first three are sooo close it is really tough.

I honestly could die happy if I could play Augusta once with my Dad. There are plenty of places I'd really like to play, but if I had one choice it would be there.

Bandon is up there, that place just seems like an awesome place to spend a week.

Bucket List (in no order, off the top of my head)
Bandon (all of them)
Augusta
Pebble Beach
Kapalua
The Congressional
Seminole
East Lake
Bethpage Black
Cypress Point
Kapalua

I won't go into international courses, outside of the obvious ones I don't know enough about them to know.

Courses I want to play this year
Mission Inn- El Campeon
Grande Pines
Mountain Lake-have to play again
World Woods-Pine Barrens
Lake Jovita
Orange County National
RTJ trail-at least a couple
Belleview Biltmore

Great lists! I am taking notes. There quite a few courses here that I haven't heard of. I need to play these courses!

I'm keeping mine simple and likely- Atunyote at Turning Stone. Fazio design, PGA Tour course, and so overlooked it's not even funny. Tiger, Kuchar, DJ, and Villegas have all won tour events there.

I like this thread.

I don't really have a list. My main reason for that is there are so many courses in my own country which could make it on to a lot of people's lists, and I haven't been bothered to play them yet. I want to get round those first.

I like this thread.

I don't really have a list. My main reason for that is there are so many courses in my own country which could make it on to a lot of people's lists, and I haven't been bothered to play them yet. I want to get round those first.

Totally agree, although having driven 17 mile drive on my honeymoon I would love to play Spygrass Hill and Pebble Beach.
I think any golfer would love a crack at Augusta

Bandon is up there, that place just seems like an awesome place to spend a week.

Bucket List (in no order, off the top of my head)
Bandon (all of them)
Augusta
Pebble Beach
Kapalua
The Congressional
Seminole
East Lake
Bethpage Black
Cypress Point
Kapalua

I won't go into international courses, outside of the obvious ones I don't know enough about them to know.

Courses I want to play this year
Mission Inn- El Campeon
Grande Pines
Mountain Lake-have to play again
World Woods-Pine Barrens
Lake Jovita
Orange County National
RTJ trail-at least a couple
Belleview Biltmore

I'm more than down for Pine Barrens or Lake Jovita. The South IMO is better than the North course if you've never played either.

Lots of good courses mentioned. One I would add to the list would be Whistling Straits.

To those wanting to play TPC Sawgrass - they have public tee times from $175-300 open up every now and then. It's pretty doable!

Augusta obviously
Valderrama
St.Andrews
Carnoustie
Turnberry
Troon
Bethpage Black
Pebble Beach

would have gleneagles on to that but i've played all 3, ryder cup is gonna be tough for those guys on the Centenary course

Augusta
Valderrama
St.Andrews
Carnoustie
Turnberry
Bethpage Black
Pebble Beach
Whistling straits
Sawgrass
Bandon dunes?

That guy is crazy!! haha! I LOVE the Bandon courses! I would put them

Pacific Dunes
Old MacDonald
Bandon Dunes
Bandon Trails

The first three are sooo close it is really tough.

Old Mac is a MONSTER in sheeps clothing. Looks like nothing on the card but plays like a demon.

Back