Bucket List- Courses

To those wanting to play TPC Sawgrass - they have public tee times from $175-300 open up every now and then. It's pretty doable!

Usually the 150-175 during the summer no? Both times I've played it was in August. Wasn't so bad heat wise with a breeze and got very lucky both times on avoiding rain.

I played one in July Harbourtown but I have Pebble Beach and The Old Course at St.Andrew's on mine. I'd add Sawgrass but it looks like I'm playing it and Doral in March.

Alex

1. Augusta National
2. The Old Course at St. Andrews - 80
3. TPC Sawgrass
4. Pine Valley
5. Pebble Beach
6. Carnoustie
7. Torrey Pines
8. Liberty National - 79
9. Turnberry
10. Oakmont
11. Hazeltine
12. Winged Foot
13. Quail Hollow
14. Bay Hill
15. Isleworth
16. Lake Nona
17. Banff Springs
18. Whistling Straits
19. Congressional
20. East Lake
21. Ocean Course at Kiawah Island
22. Bethpage Black
23. Royal Dornoch
24. Bandon Dunes
25. Sheshan
26. Harbourtown
27. Doral
28. Pinehurst #2

1. Augusta National2. The Old Course at St. Andrews - 803. TPC Sawgrass4. Pine Valley5. Pebble Beach6. Carnoustie7. Torrey Pines8. Liberty National - 799. Turnberry10. Oakmont11. Hazeltine12. Winged Foot13. Quail Hollow14. Bay Hill15. Isleworth16. Lake Nona17. Banff Springs18. Whistling Straits19. Congressional20. East Lake21. Ocean Course at Kiawah Island22. Bethpage Black23. Royal Dornoch24. Bandon Dunes25. Sheshan26. Harbourtown27. Doral28. Pinehurst #2

Thainer:

Superb collection.

Alex

I'm more than down for Pine Barrens or Lake Jovita. The South IMO is better than the North course if you've never played either.

You tell me when, Pine Barrens has had some great rates on the THP tee time app lately.

Augusta obviously
Valderrama
St.Andrews
Carnoustie
Turnberry
Troon
Bethpage Black
Pebble Beach

would have gleneagles on to that but i've played all 3, ryder cup is gonna be tough for those guys on the Centenary course

Hey munro, I've played the Kings Course at Gleneagles in '08 but not the others. The Kings was beautiful!

Here's my bucket list (* means I've checked it off my list):

Augusta National (I have a plan...dream!)
Pinehurst #2 (especially now since the re-do back to the more original)
The Old Course at St. Andrews *
Torrey Pines
Pine Valley
Cypress Point
Turnberry (Ailsa)
Muirfield at Edinburgh (Nicklaus favorite)
Carnoustie *
Royal Dornoch (the best course to never host the Open per Tom Watson) *
Winged Foot West
Bethpage Black
Whistling Straits
Kingbarns *

These are nearly impossible but here are the two that I would drop everything and show up where ever and when ever to play: Cypress Point, and Augusta National. There is (a slim) hope, I have a friend who played Cypress Point just over a year ago.

In June I will settle for any course in Alaska since that is the only state left where I haven't played golf. Looking at North Star primarily.

The newest course at Bandon, Bandon Preserve along with Pacific Dunes and Bandon Dunes again. I like Bandon Trails as well but am not a fan of Old Mac.

I am LOVING the lists along with reading about all of the great courses that have already been played by THPers

I want to play some of the courses in KC that I have wanted to play for years but haven't yet. The big name courses will one day happen, just keeping it a little real for me!

The older I get the more I hate to travel so it is likely the only golf courses of any significance that I will play might be on a once in a lifetime trip to Scotland and Ireland to play golf there. Also I would like to go back to Hawaii some day and play again.

When I was a kid I caddied at a course in NY called Spring Rock CC. I had no interest in golf at the time. The course is still there under a new name with the 2nd 18 gone and is now public. I'd like to go back and give it a try. Maybe this summer.

completely agree with Lefty78.
Would drop everything to play Cypress or Augusta. 4hrs and I'm there.
They just dont seem likely.
I have been keeping track of the top 100 you can play, and have 53 logo balls of those. It is a toughy as the list is a moving target.
I intend to get the list from 2 or 3 yrs ago and keep it a my reference.
So, My bucket list is the other 47. Whew!!

completely agree with Lefty78.
Would drop everything to play Cypress or Augusta. 4hrs and I'm there.
They just dont seem likely.
I have been keeping track of the top 100 you can play, and have 53 logo balls of those. It is a toughy as the list is a moving target.
I intend to get the list from 2 or 3 yrs ago and keep it a my reference.
So, My bucket list is the other 47. Whew!!

Great goal! I think I am with you on this one!

So Doc, Oregon has a few of the top 100, and I've never been there.
I have this process where I open 4 windows... Weather, Travelocity, Hotels.com and the top 100 list.
I look for flights with good prices and the right combo of depart and return fkights, check the forecast and if those are good, find the courses I want to play.
This folllowed by logging them onto my Steets and Trips program to determine how to route myself.
Have found some flights into Portland, but the drive time to Bend kinda sucks.
Whats the best time of year for blend of weather and price, like a shoulder season?

So Doc, Oregon has a few of the top 100, and I've never been there.
I have this process where I open 4 windows... Weather, Travelocity, Hotels.com and the top 100 list.
I look for flights with good prices and the right combo of depart and return fkights, check the forecast and if those are good, find the courses I want to play.
This folllowed by logging them onto my Steets and Trips program to determine how to route myself.
Have found some flights into Portland, but the drive time to Bend kinda sucks.
Whats the best time of year for blend of weather and price, like a shoulder season?

Bend is really nice most of the year, you can even find times in the winter when there is not snow up there. It is not rainy like the rest of Oregon, so your chances are much better for having a nice day. As far as best times, I would say April, May or October are good shoulder times in Bend. Some of the courses over there, like Tetherow, are closed until April.

As far as Bandon, it is always a bit of a toss up, but October is probably your best bang for the buck. It is more expensive than the winter rates (Nov- Jan, Feb), but talking to the caddies they all swear that October is consistently the best weather. That being said, I have played the in Nov, Dec, and Feb and the weather was amazing. I would much rather play at Bandon in the winter than in the summer. Rates are way better and there is usually less wind.

Travel time from Portland to Bend is about 3 1/2 hours and to Bandon it is 5 1/2. If you are able to fly into Eugene Airport for a decent rate than that is the way to go. It is far closer to Bandon (2 1/2 - 3 hours) and only a little more than 2 hours to Bend from there.

You tell me when, Pine Barrens has had some great rates on the THP tee time app lately.

So I've seen. Usually I wait till Paradise Golf has their summer rotation. Hard to beat 28 bucks for PB and 45 for Jovita.

Even though it will never happen, the course I'd love to play the most at the moment is nearly in my backyard. I'd love to play Pine Valley, which is hidden in the Pinelands about a half hour away from my house. Pity that it's a private course. I think it's so cool that one of the highest rated golf courses in the world is so close...and yet so far. If I ever played there, I'd probably have to bring 3 dozen balls, it's supposed to be maniacally difficult.

Even though it will never happen, the course I'd love to play the most at the moment is nearly in my backyard. I'd love to play Pine Valley, which is hidden in the Pinelands about a half hour away from my house. Pity that it's a private course. I think it's so cool that one of the highest rated golf courses in the world is so close...and yet so far. If I ever played there, I'd probably have to bring 3 dozen balls, it's supposed to be maniacally difficult.

Make it happen!!!

There's a bunker there called "The Devil's A**hole". I think it's something like 17 feet deep. Wtc are you suposed to do from there? Lol.

There's a bunker there called "The Devil's A**hole". I think it's something like 17 feet deep. Wtc are you suposed to do from there? Lol.

You don't hit it there. LOL. Actually, I'm pretty confident in my short bunker play ATM...:D

There r a few on my list right now. Pebble beach, Brandon dunes, st Andrews, and a golf course that is on an island just off of my island that is owned by the McCaws(sp?) and it's not even private. It's just for him and his buddies and business partners and since he owns the whole island it's hard to get an invite. I've talked to people who have played there and words apparently can't describe it. I will play it this summer( I must.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh for cryin out loud, it was Bandon that I was referring to, not Bend.
Thx Doc.
If I can find my way out, we ought to meet up.?
I'm not really a links favorite guy, but I still want to experience the courses there.
We have a few here in the Twin Cities and I shoot them well, just not my fav.

November I ended up in there. Best 2 shots of my round when I got up and down. Probably best Bunker shot I ever hit.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back