Buckeyes to get a new coach?

cg13

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.3
Rumblings in Columbus this week... Might name urban Meyer head coach after the purdue game.

Luke fickle to remain on as def coord.

I'm crossing my fingers lol

Rumblings in Columbus this week... Might name urban Meyer head coach after the purdue game.

Luke fickle to remain on as def coord.

I'm crossing my fingers lol
Really? That would be interesting.

They need a winner. I'm tired of watching them have a letdown every season and lose to some terrible team like purdue, illinois, indiana, etc.

They need a winner. I'm tired of watching them have a letdown every season and lose to some terrible team like purdue, illinois, indiana, etc.

You know he won't be bringing Tebow with him don't you? Look at the shape he left Florida in, he is like everyone else, you have got to have the players for the system to work.

You know he won't be bringing Tebow with him don't you? Look at the shape he left Florida in, he is like everyone else, you have got to have the players for the system to work.

He won at Utah and probably had the best team in the nation that year and won at Florida. He will have no problem winning in Columbus.

He won at Utah and probably had the best team in the nation that year and won at Florida. He will have no problem winning in Columbus.

I hope you are able to get him, I was just pointing out fact, and I really thought the Utah team was good, but best in nation? Nope.

Meyer left Florida to take some time off, and he's going to come back to Ohio State, which is arguably a worse job than Florida? I don't think so.

Meyer left Florida to take some time off, and he's going to come back to Ohio State, which is arguably a worse job than Florida? I don't think so.
Yeah, I don't see it happening. If he knew he was going to be able to come back, he wouldn't have resigned. Florida is a much better position IMO. OSU is just blah.

Not saying that, just one year is not much time off with the family and being away from the stress of the job, I still think he left UF because he saw the cupboard getting bare. JMO

Hmmmm, I'm new here and don't know most of you by your posts. However, I don't ever see Ohio State as worse than the Florida job. Ohio has huge talent in HS football, and Meyer would get the job done. Columbus is a great town and the school is fantastic with a great sports history.

Hmmmm, I'm new here and don't know most of you by your posts. However, I don't ever see Ohio State as worse than the Florida job. Ohio has huge talent in HS football, and Meyer would get the job done. Columbus is a great town and the school is fantastic with a great sports history.

1st off, welcome to THP. I love Pratville and the RTJ courses there. I don't know how the thread got to the point that someone is thinking a job at tOSU is worse than one at UF, both are great football schools. My comments were more about UM than anything else, and I said that they are JMO.

Would definitely be a boost for Big Ten football.

Ugh just read the part about herbstreit.....that guy is such a putz.

LOL at all the comments under the story, internet guys are so angry.

Internet nerd rage is amazing.

Agreed, still quite a story and a coaching staff there. I would think they will be the favorites in the Big 10 for the next long while and it will be tough to beat them in recruiting. I have no idea why Herby would want to leave ESPN for that gig though.

Sorry, skimmed this real quick, I haven't been online all day and I just saw this. I grew up just outside of Columbus so I am a Buckeye for life. There were rumors of this last year because Urban bought a house in Columbus. I hope it is true, I think it would be great for the program. But I hope he does what is best for his health.

Buckeyes have great talent, I think this will put them back in the running for a National Championship next year.

Go Badgers.

Kevin

Buckeyes have great talent, I think this will put them back in the running for a National Championship next year.
Will the NCAA allow that?

im guessing the announcement will be on the 29th when OSU basketball plays Duke....like they did with Tressell?

Back