Building a house on a hill country course

Par5zN2

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not mine. Seen on Cedar Creek in San Antonio this morning.

Attachments

• CE2E9533-84D1-4FAB-B325-FBE7154C6592.jpeg
    CE2E9533-84D1-4FAB-B325-FBE7154C6592.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 66
Wow, they won’t have to worry about high water either.

Is the driveway goi g to be a bridge? It doesn’t look connected at the front either

Wow, they won’t have to worry about high water either.

Funny you say that... Cedar Creek plays like flood zone because it kinda is. A lot of the fairways act as a natural water run off. That area of the hill country can be sneaky dangerous with flash flooding.

Unique.

That's a good word to describe that. I hope to see the "after" picture 6 months from now to show how they a) enclose the steel and b) get to the front door

Slightly related: I took construction engineering in college and for our final year project we were given a site and tasked with designing a condo onto it, while meeting all of the necessary rules and regulations. It was a very steep side bank on one side, and a 10-12% grade along the length. Impossible to fit a building onto it. We had one group who designed their building on stilts so that they wouldn't have to cut down any of the trees on the site.

Um, how will the trees still get the necessary light to survive if you put a building over them?

Getting down to that basement must be a real mother.

It's hard to see in the photo I posted but there is a catwalk over steel as well but it's a walking catwalk, not wide enough for a car/truck. There are a few very interesting foundations going up on this course, the next time I play there I'll take more pictures.

I'll definitely update this post as the house progresses.

I'm going to have to find some time to play there soon to check this out.

Back