Building a set of ACER XF Pro irons

coolbreeze

Aspiring Golferr
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 8.9
Thought I would start a thread on this as this is going to be a fun process for me and I thought I would capture it here. I began by wanting new iron shafts, and by the advice of shaft tester and Mountain Man TC I decided that I was going to get some FST Pro 115 stiff shafts and I was going to install them in my R11 irons.

Once I began to go through the process of ordering the shafts though, I realized I really didn't want to pull the shafts currently in those irons, then install these shafts, then if I didn't like them as much, go back through the process and reinstall my current shafts. So, with a link from forum member runpudrun, I found myself at www.valuegolf.com and liking some of what I saw.

To make the story at this point a little faster, I ended up ordering 5-PW Acer XF Pro iron heads, and FST Pro 115 iron shafts in stiff flex, and some ferrules and I'm going to build myself a new set of irons, mostly because I want to.

They should ship out tomorrow, and I will have pics of the parts when they get here, along with pics as I go along the way of building these irons, and then I will use this same page to talk about the irons once I get them out to the course.

file_2_9.jpg

I am glad you started this thread as I will be following along for sure. Congrats on the new sticks!

Very cool breeze. This will be a fun project without a doubt. Club building is a great hobby. Looking forward to the process.

I am glad you started this thread as I will be following along for sure. Congrats on the new sticks!

Very cool breeze. This will be a fun project without a doubt. Club building is a great hobby. Looking forward to the process.
Thanks Dean and Howzat, like you Dean I really enjoy club work as a hobby but I've never built a set myself and I'm looking forward to it. Once more pic:

file_2_11.jpg

I've never built an entire set from scratch like that but I did recently pull the s300 shafts from my razr x irons and installed the ust mp6 shafts in them for my father. It was a fun project that even he got in to. I've thought about getting a few heads and throwing them on those s300 shafts just for something to do.

PS I like the look of that iron head

I've never built an entire set from scratch like that but I did recently pull the s300 shafts from my razr x irons and installed the ust mp6 shafts in them for my father. It was a fun project that even he got in to. I've thought about getting a few heads and throwing them on those s300 shafts just for something to do.

PS I like the look of that iron head
Nice Dean, I like the look of the head a lot too. I think you should get a set as well for those s300 and we can be Acer buddies. DO IT!

Maybe some acer blades!

This is going to be cool to follow your process coolbreeze.

Those are badass. Will have to take a serious look when I get home

This is going to be cool to follow your process coolbreeze.
Thanks buddy it should be fun, and I'm excited about the shafts to be honest. FST makes great products, and if they feel like KBS shafts but with the stepless look of the PX that I love then I think I've found heaven.

Good stuff CB! I've built some clubs in the past, pretty fun. I wish I would have gotten a bending rig when I was into building clubs though.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990 using Tapatalk

This is awesome CB. I want to get into clubmaking myself, so this will be lots of fun to follow along with. I can't wait to see how it goes.

Very cool little project, looking forward to seeing how it goes.

This is awesome CB. I want to get into clubmaking myself, so this will be lots of fun to follow along with. I can't wait to see how it goes.

Very cool little project, looking forward to seeing how it goes.
Thanks boys, now I'm having trouble not ordering some wedge heads just because and playing with those but I'm not going to.....yet!

Thanks boys, now I'm having trouble not ordering some wedge heads just because and playing with those but I'm not going to.....yet!
Is this where I do my job?

Oh, yeah, DO IT man just DO IT! hehehe

Awesome Breeze. I cannot wait to see them when they come in.

Is this the acer that sponsors Yani or isthat the computer company?

This is awesome CB! Thanks for sharing this process. When we get into our new house I want to set up my shop for hobbies just like this. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Is this where I do my job?

Oh, yeah, DO IT man just DO IT! hehehe

Awesome Breeze. I cannot wait to see them when they come in.
Thanks man, but no I won't be doing it yet, I just got new wedges that I will be playing with for a while.
Is this the acer that sponsors Yani or isthat the computer company?
Thats the computer company, I believe she plays Adams clubs however I just realized how confusing that could be and its kind of like free advertising for Acer the club company.
I may or may not have ordered a 5 and 7 iron of those heads this morning to perhaps test out. Possibly.
Thats awesome man, those are soooooo good looking its stupid. What shaft is going in them?

Nice breezey! I used to build sets for myself a lot. Mostly because finding lefty gear sucks. I've had a set of acer blades with fst pro's in a shopping cart for a while, lol. I bet you have less than $300 invested.

Nice breezey! I used to build sets for myself a lot. Mostly because finding lefty gear sucks. I've had a set of acer blades with fst pro's in a shopping cart for a while, lol. I bet you have less than $300 invested.
5-PW with the shafts including shipping and ferrules and I'm under $150 buddy!!!!!

Thats awesome man, those are soooooo good looking its stupid. What shaft is going in them?

Indeed. What will be interesting to see is the feel that they have.
DG SL S300's. I'm tired of monkeying about with iron shafts to find alternative combo's especially given this Ping debacle. It appears that DG's just flat work for me in the standard and SL's so that's what I'm rolling with.
Though it was tempting to get them in Steel Fibres just for the fun of it.

5-PW with the shafts including shipping and ferrules and I'm under $150 buddy!!!!!

Dude, that's awesome. You'll enjoy the process. I always did. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on those shafts bro.

Back