Bullying/Suicide Prevention Video Please Watch

Lynchburg14

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys this is the video my 8th graders made with a little camera work from me. They were tasked with coming up with a video idea to bring focus to bullying and suicide, as it is a big topic in our health class. They chose the song 1-800-273-8255 by Logic and they made the video around the song. Unfortunately Def Jam blocked us from posting the video to YouTube with the orginal song because of copyright. Even though we paid for the song and it was for educational and nonprofit purposes. So we had to use different version. I hope you guys can take the time and watch their hard work. I think they did an amazing job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbHoc5PgJJc

WOW!!! Just what i needed, a good cry :)
Great job teach. Be proud of yourself, be proud of those kids.

Last edited:
Well done, well done! The kids were great, and the production was very impressive. I remember helping my son's crew team put together a 33 minute season video in 2002. There weren't nearly as many effects available, and it took about four tries to get the project to render completely without crashing the PC. The successful render took about three hours.

Smack dab in the middle of this. Beautiful...thanks for sharing.

https://youtu.be/kz1xzBYppW8

Every single parent, aunt, uncle, brother and sister need to watch this video, think about it and then show it to and watch it with your children. Then, take a few minutes to actually do some parenting and discuss it in detail with them. This isn't a joke. This isn't a one off occurrence. This happens every single day, everywhere, and it needs to stop. You want to stand up for a "social injustice" that has an affect on society? Start with this one. It will have an immediate impact on our future generations.

My heart breaks for this kid. Keep your head up Keaton. You've already proved to yourself and your mom that you are strong enough to deal with it. You just shouldn't have to.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Heart breaking video. I hope Keaton can find peace and happiness soon.

Reading some of the reply/comments on Twitter is enough to truly shake your faith in humanity.

Reading some of the reply/comments on Twitter is enough to truly shake your faith in humanity.
It's tough to watch if you have any decency in your soul. But, it's an important video.

Just a heartbreaking video. A few months ago I would have said bullying wasn't a big issue as its part of kids teasing back and forth and just "kid's play". Never really paid attention to it because I don't have kids nor are my nieces any longer living in state. Saw a news article recently that made me sick. Won't go into details but it involves bullying and causing a young child to take their own life due to it and it still continued for the parents after her death. It just broke my heart and opened my eyes to what truly has become a much bigger problem than what people think it is. This young boy doesn't deserve what's he been dealing with nor do any of the hundreds of other children that deal with bullying on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a heartbreaking video. A few months ago I would have said bullying wasn't a big issue as its part of kids teasing back and forth and just "kid's play". Never really paid attention to it because I don't have kids nor are my nieces any longer living in state. Saw a news article recently that made me sick. Won't go into details but it involves bullying and causing a young child to take their own life due to it and it still continued for the parents after her death. It just broke my heart and opened my eyes to what truly has become a much bigger problem than what people think it is. This young boy doesn't deserve what's he been dealing with nor do any of the hundreds of other children that deal with bullying on a daily basis.

I was in the same position and boat. Thought the same thing. There's really nothing that can be done to fully stop it and there's a difference between kids playing around and actually bullying. That being said, it shouldn't ever be dismissed which is what I would have had a tendency to do before. No more.

Bullying is unfortunately a huge, huge issue. I’ve had multiple discussions with my kids about it. My wife’s middle school had an incident this year where a kid was bullied mercilessly and his parents moved him to another school. The bullies kept up their crap over social media and even went to the kids house to taunt him. The kid was so scared he got a rifle out of a locked safe and ended up shooting one of the bullies in the arm. It’s such a sad situation when these kids are subject to this.

Bullying is unfortunately a huge, huge issue. I’ve had multiple discussions with my kids about it. My wife’s middle school had an incident this year where a kid was bullied mercilessly and his parents moved him to another school. The bullies kept up their crap over social media and even went to the kids house to taunt him. The kid was so scared he got a rifle out of a locked safe and ended up shooting one of the bullies in the arm. It’s such a sad situation when these kids are subject to this.

I agree. Kids won't fix this themselves. This has to be addressed from an adult with kids directly in a constructive way.

social media is one of the biggest problems

Yeah, but there has been a TON of outpouring of support for him as well, I was following it over the weekend, from just everyday people to the famous, are rallying to support him and offer him some great opportunities.

https://twitter.com/Everything_TN/status/939599024994373637

Guys this is the video my 8th graders made with a little camera work from me. They were tasked with coming up with a video idea to bring focus to bullying and suicide, as it is a big topic in our health class. They chose the song 1-800-273-8255 by Logic and they made the video around the song. Unfortunately Def Jam blocked us from posting the video to YouTube with the orginal song because of copyright. Even though we paid for the song and it was for educational and nonprofit purposes. So we had to use different version. I hope you guys can take the time and watch their hard work. I think they did an amazing job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbHoc5PgJJc

Well Done Patrick, your students should very proud of themselves, and big props to you for the assignment.

This entire thing hits very close to home for me. Makes me sad beyond words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

social media is one of the biggest problems

generally i'm of the opinion that society isn't any worse today than it was 25, 50, 100 years ago because human nature doesn't evolve, we just have more access to learn about the atrocities and evil. but i actually do think social media has exacerbated the problem.

Yeah, but there has been a TON of outpouring of support for him as well, I was following it over the weekend, from just everyday people to the famous, are rallying to support him and offer him some great opportunities.

i read something from his mom where she is telling him not to get caught up in the celebrity support, but to discern between those who temporarily care about you because you're internet famous and those who care about you because they love you as a person. this kid seems to have a rockstar for a mother. as a parent, i cannot imagine how tough it would be to watch my kid suffer and know there is so little i can do about it.

generally i'm of the opinion that society isn't any worse today than it was 25, 50, 100 years ago because human nature doesn't evolve, we just have more access to learn about the atrocities and evil. but i actually do think social media has exacerbated the problem.

i read something from his mom where she is telling him not to get caught up in the celebrity support, but to discern between those who temporarily care about you because you're internet famous and those who care about you because they love you as a person. this kid seems to have a rockstar for a mother. as a parent, i cannot imagine how tough it would be to watch my kid suffer and know there is so little i can do about it.

Depending on what you read today, that might not be the case: https://www.instagram.com/p/BckQIaSln1o/?taken-by=joe_schilling

I am sure some folks know about my daughters heart condition but she is also on the spectrum. She has issues verbalizing her thoughts and we often worry that she will be unable to tell us if something happens to her at school etc.

The wife and I did a ton of online research when she was diagnosed with Autism and trust me.....the amount of bullying we seen from not only kids but adults and teaching professionals made us sick.

I dont pretend to know the answer but I feel for this Keaton and the millions of other kids that are subjected to this daily.....and most of the time no one else knows about it because the victim often is ashamed or unable to tell a responsible adult about what happened.

I get mad just thinking about it.

Bullying/Suicide Prevention Video Please Watch

Jesus, I want to shake the holy living sh!t out of kids that bully others. NO child should feel the way this young man feels. Life is hard enough without some low self esteem kid bullying another.

My kids see this everyday and I tell them to never take part in the teasing. I tell them to tell the teacher and leave it at that.

i really hope this isn't the case. i'm not on ig so can't confirm this is what's going down.

i'd like to think there's a better explanation for the gofundme than "money is tight." then again, i wonder whether keaton has any medical needs.

I believe I heard someone started it to serve as his college fund??

I tend to agree with this, kids becomes bullies and start bullying before they ever get their first social media accounts, just like they have forever. Social media gives them another avenue to bully when they are old enough and yes exacerbates, but social also lends itself to education and action when used by those who want to change the status quo.

I also agree with Army, it really does make me lose faith in humanity reading some of the comments of some of the posts on social media about bullying. It's sad...

Ugh, if this is true I'm literally shaken. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore and I'm tired of not being able to take anything at face value.

Same. Quite the roller coaster...

Boy, that sounds like a very grounded mother! Good for her!

Depending on what you read today, that might not be the case: https://www.instagram.com/p/BckQIaSln1o/?taken-by=joe_schilling

Ugh, if this is true I'm literally shaken. I honestly don't know what to believe anymore and I'm tired of not being able to take anything at face value.
Just saw Amols post after I posted. if that IG DM exchange is for real, then this mother may be the worst thing since Susan White. Like you said Curtis, it's hard to know what to believe now days.

Back