Bushnell X3 left on the cart

Platoon

Reaction score
Handicap
Recently purchased a Bushnell X3 and it was as perfect as a rangefinder could be. Only issue was I left it attached to the cart since it’s magnetic when I turned the cart in. Of course no one turned it into the pro shop when I called later on that day. Magnetic range finders are awesome but going to have to learn a new final cart check since it was attached to the roll bar. Expensive lesson indeed :cry:

That sucks... you always hope people will do the right thing.

Sorry to hear that. My buddy left his on the cart last round of course no one turned it in.

I did the same exact thing on a golf vacation last year (and lost it). I just wasn't in the habit of checking for it on the cart.

yup, done that 3 times. :LOL:

been lucky so far.

That sucks. Sorry to hear nobody turned it in.

Recently purchased a Bushnell X3 and it was as perfect as a rangefinder could be. Only issue was I left it attached to the cart since it’s magnetic when I turned the cart in. Of course no one turned it into the pro shop when I called later on that day. Magnetic range finders are awesome but going to have to learn a new final cart check since it was attached to the roll bar. Expensive lesson indeed :cry:

Make sure to call back a few days or a week later. As hard as it seems to believe, sometimes the cart guys don't notice them when they're rushing to put the carts away. Or they put it down on a bench in the cart shack with the intention of taking it into the pro shop later and it doesn't get there for a few days.

Done that a few times. Luckily, it's been returned to the pro shop and not borrowed.

I’ve done the same, that’s why I prefer no magnet so it’s either in its case or in the cubby with phone or keys and such.

Oh man that's a bummer. One of the reasons I don't like to attach them to the cart, I always fear I'm going to forget it after a few drinks on the course.

I did the exact same with a Precision Pro 2 summers ago. I was really disappointed when no one turned it in. I feel for ya.

Been there. Fortunately a Good Samaritan or a honest employee turned it into the pro shop. Now I have incorporated packing it up on my last approach shot routine

Have done the same with my Bushnell Phantom, Luckly I got mine back. Now I have attached a fluorescent streamer with a magnet attached to the end that also clips to the cart cage.

Sucks nobody turned it in. I also put label on mine, with my name and phone number, to give extra incentive for someone to do the right thing if they find it.

Sucks that somebody couldn't do the right thing and turn it in. That's exactly why I don't have a magnet, and wouldn't use it if I did. If I'm riding, mine is in the case and in the dashboard cubby because I always give the cubby two or three sweeps when we turn a cart in to make sure we didn't leave anything behind. Everything in one place makes it easier for me to not forget things.

Yep. Funny how those range finders never get turned in. I learnt the hard way too!

That's a bummer! Mine isn't magnetic but came with a magnetic strap I could use. For the very reason of leaving it on the cart like that, I don't use the magnet. What I do is put a folded small white hand towel in the cubbyhole of the cart such that anything I put in there, including my rangefinder, stands out, making it less likely I'll forget something.

This is my fear of having one. You get in a hurry to get home after your round and you're bound to forget something. Hopefully it turns up for you.

That's a bummer! Mine isn't magnetic but came with a magnetic strap I could use. For the very reason of leaving it on the cart like that, I don't use the magnet. What I do is put a folded small white hand towel in the cubbyhole of the cart such that anything I put in there, including my rangefinder, stands out, making it less likely I'll forget something.
Good idea. My phone case is dark navy blue and my rangefinder case is black, so they blend into the black plastic in there. When I clean out the cubby at the end of a round I look in there and also sweep it with my hand to make sure I got everything. I'll usually do it 2 or 3 times just to make sure, since I've lost a rangefinder and a pair of Oakley sunglasses in the past by leaving them in there.

I've done it and had good luck. FYI... attach a lanyard or keep the case in the cart "glove box" ...that will remind you to pack it up.

also I am meticulous that on the fairway shot into the green that baby gets the yardage and then back in the case zipped up for another round.

Yep. I have lost my Bushnell Phantom 1 and 2 by leaving them on the cart after a round. Thinking about getting the Wingman. Thinking that the music would be a good reminder to take it with me when the round is over.

I left a Leopold rangefinder in a cart and same thing, no one returned it. It was my favorite rangefinder...I had had a few previously and 2 since. I am not buying a really expensive one again, just for that purpose. So I guess that's the trade off I'm willing to accept...one that isn't quite as good

I read a tip on Facebook, I think, to put your car keys in the range finder case. Then you'll remember to put it away when you retrieve your keys.

Leave the case in the cubby and put highlight tape or something bright or long lanyard on the case.

Also make it a rule, that after approach on last hole, you laser and put it in the case before grabbing a club. You wont be disappointed.

Would this work, or be too easy to remove?

1682693198711.png

Back