The "buy without try-ers" are who keep golf manufacturers in business ;)
...and keep places like Callaway Pre-Owned well stocked. Bless their hearts.

...and keep places like Callaway Pre-Owned well stocked. Bless their hearts.

they need more lefties to stock that site :ROFLMAO:

Most of the time... simply due to availability of LH equipment to demo

Yes and No
Fortunately I have a demo place nearby that lets you try out clubs if you buy a bucket of balls. So I get to hit almost everything out there each year when it comes out. This has saved me boat loads of money. As I used to be a perennial buy before try guy.

On the other hand, some clubs like my current irons (PXG 0311 SGI) the fitting center does not carry and I bought them sight unseen and they actually are working out very well. After a while if you try enough clubs you sort of have an inclination as to what is going to work and what might not.

Getting close to doing the buy before try deal on a B21 driver! 😳

I more of a "buy without trying the exact same product". While I was on vacation this summer, I played a round with a buddy's regular flex driver. It was much more suited to me swing than the stiff flex I'd had for a long time. So I picked up a similar driver in regular flex when I got back home from vacation and it has improved my game.

I would say 98% of the clubs I've ever bought have been purchased blindly. After joining a club earlier this year, I'm hoping that changes going forward, but I hate hitting in big box stores.

Yup. All of my wedges and both hybrids. Were bought without hitting them first

Back