Most of the time I buy before I try. Can only count with one hand when I bought after I hit the club in store or demo days

I've never tried Travis Mathew Cuater shoes but currently pondering a pair. One of the guys in our group has a pair and they look sharp.

Claw gloves two weeks ago, Travis Mathew shorts from the warehouse sale last week, and this week it's Cuater shoes. Wonder what's on tap for next week? :)

I've bought without trying, and had really good success with some of them. But I will say, the clubs I've had in the bag the longest have been ones I've been fit for.

But one big example - my SeeMore mFGP2, bought sight unseen, has been near impossible to kick out of the bag.

I was trying to count backwards on my recent club purchases until I got to something I had actually tried first. I quit at 10. Defintely need to work on that.

Do you guys that build your own worry less about them not being a perfect fit? I feel like it makes me not stress too much about them.

what are way of trying before you buy? Maybe used where there's a return policy? Buy one single club and then the set? Any others?

Absolutely, I swear sometimes I like buying new gear as much as I like golfing

Oh I just remembered I went full JumboMax grips before I tried. Very glad I did.

I buy mostly DTC clubs, so I roll the dice. So far it has worked out well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupidly yes. I can't imagine how much money I've spent on shipping after I try something and it doesn't work out. I really need to test before I buy.

What had happened was— definitely. Bunch of enablers here...

This but is came highly recommend by fellow THP’ers. 3AA7ACBC-A690-4590-9A09-7F108692E4E1.jpeg

Maybe wedges, but most everything else I try first unless its a screaming deal on a used piece of equipment.

Almost 100% of the time

I definitely do it... a lot. However, I would much prefer to try something before I buy it. There often is not the possibility.

I am. But generally I have read lots of reviews and watched videos on the product.
Ditto with what Snickerdog said. Lots of research, questions, messages to the guys here, etc.

I normally am due to lack of access to equipment to try out. Going to start taking advantage of mail order demo programs though.

I do my research, read & watch online countless reviews but probably purchase 80-90% online without actually getting fit or testing out. We’re pretty remote and nearest Golftown is about an hour away and not really a very good simulator person indoors.

Are you a buy before trying person with equipment?

Yup, that's a pretty good description of the way it works when I buy any clubs. :)

Very rarely.
I blind bought a MD5 56 to replace my MD4 56. Thats about it.

It’s a rarity unless it’s not a significant investment, then it’s a green light purchase.

what are way of trying before you buy? Maybe used where there's a return policy? Buy one single club and then the set? Any others?
The 90-day satisfaction plans are used a lot. I buy a lot of singles right when they come out. I pretty much fail at that though, because I rarely hate them, so I immediately want to know how the rest are and just buy a set. Just borrowing from friends is really handy too. I let lots of people try my gear.

It’s a rarity unless it’s not a significant investment, then it’s a green light purchase.
I mean, I'll do it with small ticket items (gloves, balls, tees, apparel, even golf shoes) - but almost any driver is around the $500 mark these days, you're lucky if you can get away with a set of irons for under a grand, and most putters are a minimum of $200-300. I want to have at least a pretty good idea that it's going to be worth the money before I throw down on larger purchases like that.

I'm a left handed, standard height guy with a below standard bank account. So yeah it's off the rack for me.

Almost always buy blind. I'm a deal searcher so most of my equipment is from good sales or used on forum sites. I just have a hard time walking into a store to spend $500 on a driver I can get used 5x for $300.

That being said my last driver was bought with the U try from global golf. Was a G400 Max and once I used it for a round I knew I was never sending it back. For me I would much rather try on course than into a monitor so I like that program although shaft selection can be limited.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Back