Buyer’s Remorse - worst golf purchase ever?

TLuke

Reaction score
Handicap
None
What club/gadget/ball etc. did you buy to propel you to the next level (or so you thought 🤗) that turned out to be a piece of crap and you just wasted beer and steak money?

This!! You need muscular arm to fit this.
My arms too thin. lol

df2909584a3fe97819857a6cd3444431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The irons I was fit into over the winter. That was a lot of $ to find out that me and indoor mat fittings don’t mesh

My experiment with the Cobra F9 One Length irons was a disaster. Much happier with my Ping G700.

As of right now I would say the 3 part lesson that I did a few years ago. Haven't had a lesson since!

For whatever reason, the Ping G400 irons I was "fit" for at DSG whenever they came out. They were not right for me or my game in any way. Expensive $$ mistake.

I bought a set of Blade Golf custom made Blades. I was a good golfer back then coming off playing in the State Am but quickly decided I didn’t play enough to play blades.

Miura IC 601 Irons custom built.....I think it was $2,300 down the crapper, then the Miura CB301, then the Miura TC201..what a fantasy ride that trip down the JDM rabbit hole was. I enjoyed all but the IC 601, but it was not a good string of Golf spending decisions on my part.

Too many to count...bladed 2 iron, low spin drivers, utility irons......

Toss up between SLDR and mizuno mp64s...

Bought a callaway epic driver and just hated it. I used it for 2 rounds and on the sales block it went

A set of Pal Joey irons back when I was a junior, we got sort of pressured into buying them by the shop

Needless to say they lasted a day before they were returned and a set of Mizuno TP11's bought instead

Titleist 907 driver. Oh my...bad.

Hmmm, the list is long but not overly expensive. Drivers, balls, putters.

Holy crap - it’s the TaylorMade R1 driver by a mile for me - great for some but I couldn’t hit it to save my life. Second is the SLDR.

I bought a Ping Sigma 2 Tyne Stealth putter this spring. Played about 6 rounds with it and it just does not work for me. Too soft for my liking. Put it on Craig's list today.

Last edited:
The Mizuno irons I was fitted for weren't a total bust. They were better than what I was gaming before, but I'm glad to be rid of them. The Titleist 915 and the shaft that I was "fitted" for was actually worse than the Adams driver it replaced.

But seriously, my equipment problems are far more operator error than anything else.

Back