Buyer beware. Please read.

I assume most sellers know what they have and their "AMAZING DEAL" is likely just counterfeit garbage

They have been saying the same exact thing for everything you can buy there, which is almost anything you want. Lol

I used to travel to the Philippines on business about once a month and visit the market and pick up a watch or two. You could pay between $20-$50 depending on the grade of watch you wanted to buy.
I still have watches today 10 to 15 years old that keep time to the minute and they look like the real thing, can’t tell the difference.

A friend of mine was working in China about 15 years ago. He asked me if I needed any Cleveland wedges for less than half the price. I said no thanks, their fakes. He explained to me they come from the Cleveland factory there, ?. Apparent it's called the "third shift", factory has two shifts and produces legit stuff for Cleveland. When it is supposed to shut down for the day, the owner adds another shift and the clubs go out the back door.

This.

As a US manufacturer, i’ve had this story related to me numerous times over the years. Seems to me, a problem of our own design.... we keep buying knock off’s, so they keep making them... our thirst for “a deal” seems to outweight our sense of right, sometimes..... especially since most would consider it a “victimless” offense. In reality, it can cost millions in lost revenues and millions more in legal fees, trying to stop the knockoffs from reaching our shores. Sorry. I have some very strong opinions on this matter.

When I shop in eBay I generally look for a small seller like me who appears to flip clubs occasionally rather than a big factory. I know some people buy stuff and then decide they want something else. If I can't move it or find something through the swap shop here I will go to eBay but I am careful who I buy through.

I think there is some of the third shift thing potentially going on but I also think it is a story that makers of knock offs tell people. I can't believe that major club manufacturers aren't trying to keep an eye on the companies making stuff for them to prevent that.

I always find it quite interesting to read about "Buyer Beware" from someone who then posts numerous ways they have supported the methodology they seek to condemn.

I went to Mexico on a cruise a few years ago with the wife. When we stopped in Cabo, we checked out a market like that and I bought 3 pairs of "Oakley" sunglasses for $5 each. Of course they weren't real, but it was hard to tell. The quality wasn't there, but I looked at them as disposable glasses.

I think there is a thread here somewhere that discusses how to identify counterfeit clubs, I could be wrong.

I also remember reading interwebs about counterfeit clubs, there is a lot of helpful information out there.

There are a couple of ways to ensure that you're not getting counterfeits. One is to look for clubs that have been used. Nobody is going to knowingly go out and play several rounds with a counterfeit. Secondly, choose a seller with less than 1000 auctions, took the photos themselves, who's presentation and response to emails convey authenticity. I've bought a lot of stuff on Ebay and find that there's quite a bit to be learned from an email exchange. An honest seller has no problem talking about their item.
If you're looking to buy recent models of expensive clubs in like new condition, that's where you find the misrepresentations.

Back