Buying clubs off auction sites

Lou W

Reaction score
Handicap
How many have had good luck buying clubs untested off auction sites? Back during the early stages of lockdown I got the itch and purchased a Mizuno EZ driver $89 , looked brand new. I picked up a Rife putter that is also in the bag ,$30 . Both have turned out to be a great purchase. At present I’m trolling for a five wood. Anyone have awesome success stories? i am a big believer in getting fitted but some times I just take a chance and scratch the itch

Are you talking like eBay as an auction site or something else? Never golf but I've had a lot of good stories both from friends and myself buying and selling on sites like that. They hold the person seeking to a standard usually so if you only but from people who have a great rating they are usually pretty good. My wife also buys stuff from the Facebook site, those are usually just other local or semi local people looking to offload something that is fine but in used quality.

Auction sites? I picked my Odyssey StrokeLab 1 up from eBay. It was sold by Callaway Pre Owned. I like it and it works. The thing is I can't seem to putt very well. I'm not blaming it on that putter. I'm not doing my part practicing.

It was kind of the same thing for my irons... Callaway Pre Owned. Not sure if they were on eBay or not. I contacted CPO and they were on their site and set them aside for me to purchase. I really like them too.

Both the putter (with the exception of a slight ding on top of the face) and my irons were in almost new condition. I'd definitely buy from CPO again.

I wasn't fitted for the clubs. I look at it like this: I am one of 7 billion people in this world. Golf equipment is made for the masses and uses averages... I'm average so the stock stuff should work for me. Excepting that I'm a lefty, it's worked so far.(y)(y):D

I bought a few clubs in the past, not a bad experience just check reviews.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Have purchased numerous clubs off Ebay over the past 20 or so years without any issues.

All the time. Fun way to try previous release equipment with minimal cost and risk.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep...Ebay. Ping G400 Max driver, Cobra F9 3W, used golf balls since Im just getting back into the game and need to see what I like. They no longer make Strata or Nike Black. :)

I have regularly used ebay for years and have never had any issues. The trick is to know what you want and to check two things. The item location...where it'll ship from, and the seller's feedback. There should be very little negative feedback and always check to see that any neg feedback there is isn't written about the same item you're looking at. If you buy from an international seller, you may wait weeks for your purchase.

I just bought my wife some nice clubs. Ordered them on the 12th and they were in our driveway on the 15th. Immediate shipping is becoming more and more common.

I've been buying and selling clubs on eBay for over a decade with almost no issues. Once or twice got sent an incorrect item but it was always corrected

I won't do it anymore, I purchased the square callaway driver, and it was a counterfeit. I am sure most of the stuff on their is legit as long as you do a little digging to confirm, but not worth it for me now.

I have bought off of eBay and I pay attention to the seller and base decisions off that. If something smells a bit fishy I stay away from it. Generally I look for guys like me that buy and sell their own stuff or go with a well know reputable seller on eBay.

Tons. I feel like if you do your own club work/building there's greater opportunity and less risk, but I know plenty of people who've found just what they were looking for at a great price too.

I’ve bought, and sold, quite a few clubs on eBay. Never had an issue on either side. And my most reliable club in my bag was purchased from there

I've purchased 3 clubs and 1 shaft off of Ebay over the last year. No issues at all - granted I do my homework on sellers before buying.

I only had 2 "issues" when buying a rangefinder off of Ebay last year - first one half the optics worked and it was refunded almost instantly and the 2nd one I got there was dirt inside the optic but it still worked perfectly so they refunded me a portion of the purchase.

I tend to be "thrifty" when buying golf clubs. In fact, the only clubs in my bag right now which I paid full price for are my Driver and PM Grind Lob Wedge.

I have had good experiences on ebay, Facebook golf club trader page, etc. The biggest thing to me is looking at the seller feedback and making sure they are good.

Picked up a set of Pings for $180 with $100 worth of new grips.

No complaints here!

I've bought off Ebay all the time. I can only think of one time that I got ripped off, otherwise I've had good luck. I only buy from sellers with good ratings.

I've bought and sold golf 'stuff' on ebay for several years without issue. I have a bundle of stuff I'm ready to list now though I'll probably list everything here first.

Back