buying summer clothes in winter.......

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
hey lads, back in March of this year i bought a puma hex golf shirt for €50 at my local golf store. i have come to really like puma shirts as i find they move with my swing the best so recently i was shocked to find they had cut the price buy 50% to €25 each, needless to say i picked up 2 of them one for myself and one for my father. i asked the guy at the counter why such a price drop and he said because of the winter no buys summer stuff so they cut the price just to get rid of stock.
this got me thinking, would i be better off buying my summer gear for next year now in order to save myself some money and does anyone else out there do the same?????? i know i would be wearing this years style next year but dont really care.
all there shorts were selling for around €15-20. puma adidas nike kartel !!!!!!!

Last edited:
it definately makes sense to me,if i could find similar deals because then i'd be doing the same.i fancy kitting myself out with some puma gear for next season.

If I go to Indy anytime soon and they still have summer stuff out and marked down, I will no doubt buy something. I don't golf in the winter, so I don't buy much colder weather stuff. I'm always looking at the 50% off rack in the golf big box stores.

Heck yes, buy it anytime of year when the price is right. I wouldn't care if the "style" was from 2 or 3 years ago, if it's marked down enough, gonna be in my closet.

I usually do this. I have some great Nike shirts that were bought for less than 50% of the normal price.

I do it all the time.....the best times are when the brick and mortars have their fall inventory sales and then again in January when the winter inventory sales are going on. Off season purchasing is great

i would happily do it.
at the end of each seasons all shops will do promotional sales to get rid of stock. provided you can still find your size, great deals are usually available.

90%+ of my clothing shopping is clearance and/or off-season. I hate paying full price and am not so concerned with the latest fashion trends that I have to have the newest clothes.

I'd say 90% of my closet was bought during end of season, outlets or closeouts. It's the way to go!

I am gonna try this. Found a pair of UA shorts on sale for 20 bucks.

I am in agreement with everyone's comments so far. I grabbed some Nike Pants, Sligo Shirts, and Puma shirts at more than a 50% discount at a local Golf Galaxy store here in MA that had sales to be slashed. I wanted to try some Travis Mathew shirts; but, not for the $80 tag...could be soon though.

Back