Buying Used Shoes?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this something people have done or do?
Im genuinely curious here. :confused2:

Ohh hell no

Thats a very strong no for me.

I think I have once or twice in my life, and they were like-new casual shoes from people I knew.

Yes, but only expensive shoes like Alden. I purchased a $1200 pair of shell cordovan Alden shoes on eBay for $130 and sent them back to Alden to get refinished - new sole, heel, little repairs, new liner and a great shine. All in, it cost me just over $300. I will only do this with shoes that are built to last a lifetime.

Is there any other way?!

Not uncommon for high end Goodyearwelted shoes. There is a resale market not unlike other parts of the fashion market. I have sold some shoes that I didn't like.

That said, the last pair of shoes I bought used was a pair of soccer cleats off a friend who bought the wrong size and we're basically new.

I did once for like new golf shoes that had been worn once or twice. I haven’t seen any need to do it ever again.

My son trades sneakers. He actually makes money doing it. He buys limited new releases and sells them in the package for big $'s then buys slightly used versions of things he wants to wear (Yeezy's, Jordan's, etc) and cleans them up and puts them in his wardrobe.

I see them for sale all the time.....

But there is no way they would ever be considered. Just no chance at all.

No, shoes are a absolute no go zone only image what feet were there before.

Never...

...do you enjoy bowling?

Yes, but they had not been worn. Does that count as used?

I have never done it. I had a friend that used to buy high end used dress shoes on eBay like Allen Edmonds for example. I guess it doesn't wig me out that much if you spray some disinfectant in there.

I have worn bowling shoes is that really that different.

Unless they are used by Michael Jordan in a NBA finals and going intro a display case. Not a chance.

Here is an example of one pair of Alden Shells that I purchased used - I think I spent around $70.

These were purchased used on eBay. All they needed was a new sole and heel along with some cleanup.
EE676304-079A-497C-8146-DD2AD20F69A8.jpeg
Here they are from Alden - $179 later.
EF232B41-1547-48C6-BF52-601A33471906.jpeg

Back