Buying Used Shoes?

1603892085932.jpeg

No as to used.

I had inherited a lightly used pair from a buddy, wore them once, got creeped out and never wore them again. I can't do it.

On another note as he was leaving the locker room I was handed a game worn and autographed shoe by Michael Finley from the Dallas Mavricks years ago that I still have.

No.

Although once I went to play golf at a club I am not a member of and left my golf shoes at home. The locker room attendant gave me a pair of fairly new Ecco shoes to use. When I went to return them he said I could keep them. Cleaned them up and used them a few times after.

I had inherited a lightly used pair from a buddy, wore them once, got creeped out and never wore them again. I can't do it.

On another note as he was leaving the locker room I was handed a game worn and autographed shoe by Michael Finley from the Dallas Mavricks years ago that I still have.

Is creeped out code for your feet were itchy?

You actually expect me to break in my own pair of shoes? Why do the work myself if I can buy used and have them already broken in and foot-ready?

jk, big time nope. I saw my father's feet when he returned from Desert Storm and was traumatized. Only buy new.

tenor.gif

Umm.. I have not. But I really have no probably with it either..

A bit of spray and as long as they are in good shape. what is the big deal?? As long as they are not broken in to someone else's feet so they are uncomfortable. No worries.

Is creeped out code for your feet were itchy?

The scarier thing was they came from Puttin4bird so Lord knows what creepy crawlies those things had seen :ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: JB
I feel like I technically have. I remember buying a pair of shoes on eBay that a guy got as a gift and wore once trying to make them work, but decided they didn't fit. Same with a pair of hunting boots, and a pair of waders, now that I think about it. They were all really good deals I would do again.

Maybe if it was a pair from someone I knew and they wore them like 9 holes and realized they didn't fit or were uncomfortable. Otherwise no. You can find plenty of sales on golf shoes usually.

Hard pass.

If they tried them on and that’s it, maybe if the deal was good enough.

dude... we see feet pictures in golf related stuff all the time, have you seen some of them feet? nah bra...

At least once. I bought a pair of "used" loafers years ago that I doubt had ever been worn. (My wife hated them-style, not because they were used- and finally I got rid of them.)

But there is used and there is used....if you are buying shoes in person there is a good chance another customer (s) has/have tried them on before you.

Last edited:

Gross

We thrift store quite a bit and use many items second hand but shoes.....no way. I don’t even look at the used shoes. :sick:

no that's gross. I remember my first THP event a guy I played with tried to sell me his shoes after we had just played 18 holes on the Champions Course @ PGA National. NO THANKS

I have never purchased used shoes and I don't think that I ever would, but never say never right? I mean if they were just tried on or only worn once then I might consider it.

Back