Buying Used Shoes?

I haven't purchased used shoes before. Shoes are something I like to buy new (same as underwear). Other closes I've purchased used (shirts).

Ya I would pass on used shoes for sure.

Oh man. Used shoes? Golf shoes? People's feet are so important to them. Why take a chance.

I suppose if it's absolutely necessary to purchase used shoes, golf, or other wise, then so be it.

New shoes, like golf equipment should be fitted properly to the individual user.

True story. I use to golf on a regular basis with a Podiatrist MD. He told me that a huge majority of patients were those people who purchased their cheaply made shoes off the rack, without the benefit of being properly fitted.

When I was younger I sometimes had pre-owned shoes because of financial limitations. Now that I am older and have a career, shoes are one of those items like I like to buy. Over the years I have purchased a bunch of re-released shoes that I wanted as a kid, or that I got and loved because it was something special in my life at that time. But I have not purchased used shoes anytime recently, although I am not really opposed to the idea in the correct circumstances. But if both new and used were readily available, I would always pick new.

When I was younger I sometimes had pre-owned shoes because of financial limitations. Now that I am older and have a career, shoes are one of those items like I like to buy. Over the years I have purchased a bunch of re-released shoes that I wanted as a kid, or that I got and loved because it was something special in my life at that time. But I have not purchased used shoes anytime recently, although I am not really opposed to the idea in the correct circumstances. But if both new and used were readily available, I would always pick new.

DM incoming

I say “up yours Jobu!”

Love that movie. Don’t really care for that gif though, lol.
You asked, you received

Gross.

Never have and don’t think I ever could.

Where's that NO gif? My wife has though, some good bargains at the 2nd hand stores in our area from rich women who probably only wore them once.

Not my style

I have been thinking about this a bit more and I am firmly in the why not camp. When I was in college my Dad had a bunch of coworkers over for an afternoon on the lake and someone left a pair of shoes here and never claimed them. I wore them for about 10 years. Spray a little disinfectant in them and they are as safe as something that is washed plus people generally wear socks with them.

I bought a used pair of Ecco golf shoes. Once I got them I spray them with MRSA killer. Put a better orthotic in them and went happily on my way. I wore them for a long time and loved playing in them.

I've purchased shoes online from a number of retailers who have brick and mortar shops. I imagine that it is highly likely I've bought shoes that had another foot in it before mine.

I have not bought used shoes and doubt I ever will. Sometimes I will see shoes listed that have never been worn, so I would possibly be interested in used shoes in that situation.

Here is an example of one pair of Alden Shells that I purchased used - I think I spent around $70.

These were purchased used on eBay. All they needed was a new sole and heel along with some cleanup.
View attachment 8971436
Here they are from Alden - $179 later.
View attachment 8971437

This is exactly why good quality footwear is great and why you can resell them well.

I've purchased shoes online from a number of retailers who have brick and mortar shops. I imagine that it is highly likely I've bought shoes that had another foot in it before mine.

This is probably one of those dirty secrets. For a lot of expensive shoes, if the soles don't look damaged they will call them new even if the person returns them a year after the fact. Leather soles this shows up quite a bit.

Have never personally- but as others have mentioned I've got friends who dabble in the resale of Jordan's both golf and non-golf. Sometimes they wear them a round, sometimes not but a hard pass for myself.

In the store, there's probably a good chance I've bought shoes that someone else has tried on. Not much I can do about that, but I'm not willingly picking up a pair of shoes from the Salvation Army or Goodwill or rummage sale. Unless they're high dollar shoes and are lightly worn. Like Allen Edmonds or something similar.

Stinky, smelly, dirty shoes? Nope. They're staying right there.

reason #1 - hot summer July day where i play 36 holes... Shoes might be pristine, but my dogs have been barking in them for the 8 hours...NOPE

Technically only worn once... enough to deter me. plenty of deals for old models or closeouts

Hard no, I won’t even wear rentals at the bowling alley. I bowl about twice a year and bought my own bowling shoes.

Yeah, I've done it. Mostly for dress shoes. Like wubears and M2GIles have said, you can get some really nice and gently used quality shoes for cheap on ebay and other places.

I have also sold a number of pairs of shoes, including golf shoes, online. I don't think I've ever bought used golf or athletic shoes.

Hope someone is buying mine at the Goodwill Store...

But me, that's a no bueno as a general rule.

I hope that I am not in the position where I must buy used shoes - but I have taken my old Allen Edmonds and sent them out for a complete redo as posted above. So I could see that with expensive shoes. After you replace everything but the leather, it's like a new shoe.

Back