Buzz/Vibration in a shaft adapter

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I realized that I have a buzz or vibration coming from the shaft adapter on my EF Riptide CB shaft I purchased to use in my G425 Max. It is clearly coming from the adapter. I'm going to assume this might be due to a poor epoxy job on my end. I ended up redoing it myself after I had a shop trim and do the original adapter installation.

Is this something I should be worried about coming loose? It seems firmly on there now but I don't want my driver head to come flying off at some point so I'm wondering if it is worth trying to safely have it heated to loosen the glue and then glued back in place.

Can you twist the head on the shaft and replicate the result? If so it most likely is a epoxy breakdown. If it were to fly off on the swing and get damaged on the head you might be a little peeved.:(

Reactions: JB
Can you twist the head on the shaft and replicate the result? If so it most likely is a epoxy breakdown. If it were to fly off on the swing and get damaged on the head you might be a little peeved.:(
If I hold the shaft without the head on it and just tap it to make it vibrate I hear it buzz. If feels like it is on solid when I have it screwed into the head but yes, I certainly don't want to take the chance of it flying off. There must be something in there with enough wiggle room to cause the buzz. I probably should have the tip pulled and re-glued. If it gets damaged I have an extra tip at home.

If I hold the shaft without the head on it and just tap it to make it vibrate I hear it buzz. If feels like it is on solid when I have it screwed into the head but yes, I certainly don't want to take the chance of it flying off. There must be something in there with enough wiggle room to cause the buzz. I probably should have the tip pulled and re-glued. If it gets damaged I have an extra tip at home.
I wouldn’t take a chance, it would be best to pull it and re-install. May be a little more work, but, better safe than sorry.

Back