Cable companies - Cutting the cord

@tahoebum my only issue is that occasionally i get the lag and the video/audio dont match up. Thats never something I encountered with cable but the amount Im saving, it wont be a big deal.

Oh my God!!!... the audio lag!!!! I was only going to post in this thread to mention that as a low point. Friggin Cartoon Network though is perfect... pissah.

got disney + and was thinking of that combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's our exact combo, and even the ESPN+ is a nice addition.

Late adopter but finally cutting the cable! Going YouTube TV, Prime and Netflix. Now that I've have a separate internet bill, it's going to be a work expense. YouTube TV allows 6 TV connections so I'm sharing it with my brother. Monthly out of pocket bill drops from $170 to ~$40.

Nice call on YouTube tv.... I wish I could justify cable disconnect... Internet here is $70 alone... I pay $115... Don't see an advantage

Nice call on YouTube tv.... I wish I could justify cable disconnect... Internet here is $70 alone... I pay $115... Don't see an advantage

I was on the fence for a long. Primary reason....Xfinity is easy. I only watch about 5-10 stations so it felt like a waste. If my bill was $115, then I’d leave it as is.

Going on our 3rd year since starting this thread and cutting cable. So far we have the following subscriptions

1. YouTube TV (switched from Sling)
2. Netflix
3. Prime Video
(included with our amazon membership)
4. Disney +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My internet has a limit of 1TB and the 5 months we've used YTTV we went over. I've downgraded stream quality, which sucks, but are most of you unlimited or what are you doing to not go over your limit?

Going on our 3rd year since starting this thread and cutting cable. So far we have the following subscriptions

1. YouTube TV (switched from Sling)
2. Netflix
3. Prime Video
(included with our amazon membership)
4. Disney +

We're almost the exact same. Starting our 4th. Just switched to YTTV from Vue. I liked Vue's interface better, but we're getting used to it.

Netflix, Prime, Disney +

My internet has a limit of 1TB and the 5 months we've used YTTV we went over. I've downgraded stream quality, which sucks, but are most of you unlimited or what are you doing to not go over your limit?

I think I mentioned this in the thread earlier but you need to make sure that you are putting your streaming device to home before you turn off your tv, or else it keeps using data. I found this out when I got a data alert from my ISP. I noticed that my recorded shows were saying that I had watched them but that was not true. After the data alert, I put it all together. Ever since I put my device to home when I leave, I haven't come close to my data limit. I use a Roku streaming stick, btw.

I think I mentioned this in the thread earlier but you need to make sure that you are putting your streaming device to home before you turn off your tv, or else it keeps using data. I found this out when I got a data alert from my ISP. I noticed that my recorded shows were saying that I had watched them but that was not true. After the data alert, I put it all together. Ever since I put my device to home when I leave, I haven't come close to my data limit. I use a Roku streaming stick, btw.
We do this and have from the start. Do you stream at 1080p? I set mine down to 480p this month... Waste of a 4k tv!!!

Cut the Satellite Cord just about a year ago. We currently don't have any streaming services, and we rent DVD's for our kids to watch some shows during the week. Honestly, I haven't missed much of anything not having TV. Instead of sitting on the couch each night, not really interacting with my wife we sit on the porch from Spring to Fall and watch the sun set, we do yoga during the cold months, we read more, I practice my indoor putting more. The few times I want to watch sports, I will get a group together to go out to a sports bar to watch. To be honest, I'm not missing TV much at all. Gives me more time to do stuff that is really more important.

Thankfully I have unlimited data, if I didn’t I might have an absolute fit.

We do this and have from the start. Do you stream at 1080p? I set mine down to 480p this month... Waste of a 4k tv!!!

Oh ok. It's very rare that I'm running more than 1 tv and a couple laptops at a time. I do run at 1080p, too.

Late adopter but finally cutting the cable! Going YouTube TV, Prime and Netflix. Now that I've have a separate internet bill, it's going to be a work expense. YouTube TV allows 6 TV connections so I'm sharing it with my brother. Monthly out of pocket bill drops from $170 to ~$40.
I'm curious how that price is $40 when YouTube is $49.99 by itself, add in netflix at $10-15 and your looking at at least $65/mo

We tried Hulu Live for TV when we first cut the cord, but the guide is awful. We switched to ATT TV Now and we’ve been pretty satisfied with that and their guide is great! My bro has Youtube TV and seems to like that as well.

Netflix subscription and Amazon Prime. Other than that OTA using a silicon dust digital tuner and the live channels app to record a TV shows.

About 4 years ago, my wife and I wrote down a list of what we watch in the winter months. Turns out most of it was TV shows that are always on ION TV.

The only thing I miss during the winter is not watching college basketball nearly every night.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I'm curious how that price is $40 when YouTube is $49.99 by itself, add in netflix at $10-15 and your looking at at least $65/mo
Smart call on showing the math! :)

YouTube ($50/2) = $25. You get 6 TV seats. My brother uses 4 and I use 2. Prime is $13. Netflix is free because my sister-in-law has two extra (qty. 5 seats). I use one. Total is $38. I pay $300 for YouTube in a single Venmo transfer. I take care of stuff for them throughout the year so the Netflix stuff is a wash. At least that’s how we view it.

Smart call on showing the math! :)

YouTube ($50/2) = $25. You get 6 TV seats. My brother uses 4 and I use 2. Prime is $13. Netflix is free because my sister-in-law has two extra (qty. 5 seats). I use one. Total is $38. I pay $300 for YouTube in a single Venmo transfer. I take care of stuff for them throughout the year so the Netflix stuff is a wash. At least that’s how we view it.
Didn't realize you were sharing with someone, that makes a lot more sense even if your "technically" not supposed to do that haha

Now that our TV has gone up to $105/month plus tax, and since Google Fiber is promoting customers to consider streaming, we are looking.

Got the 7 day trial of FuboTV ($60) right now since it has so much sports programming, going to try YouTubeTV ($50) next.

Not having ABC channels (ESPN channels as well) hurts, but they have Lifetime Movie channel which my wife watches a lot of. YouTubeTV doesn't have that, and has unlimited DVR.

I use jetstream tv. It’s $35 a month for tons of channels. It can’t record or be paused which is my biggest complaint but I do have about any station you could want plus foreign stations as well.

Cancelled the FuboTV free trial and looking at YouTubeTV now. So far I like it better. Picture is much better. It's about a minute behind our Google Fiber TV.

All signs point to keeping this and dropping Google Fiber pretty soon.

Well we did it. Cancelled the Google Fiber TV last night and going with YouTube TV. Still have our Gigabit internet though.

Back