Cables + Internet Packages

m3golfjackson

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm about to lose my mind with the cost of cable + internet packages. Comcast just went up to $147 a month for an average cable plan (140 channels) plus decent internet. They don't even have wireless boxes yet!

I can't cut the cord because I have to have my sports. What are you guys doing to reduce the costs of your cable + internet ?

If you buy your own cable modem you can save the ~$10/month or so they charge for that.

If the option is there to switch to another service, call and tell them you want to cancel. Most of the time they will send you to 'retention' and they will come up with a deal for you that you can handle. I did that for a few years straight with U-verse and it always worked to get the best price available. Just have to stand your ground and make the threat to go elsewhere and they will keep you around.

At least that has worked for me in the past, but I've never had Comcast. DirecTV/att internet has some good plans going right now if available in your area. We just switched from U-verse and saved about $80 a month.

If you buy your own cable modem you can save the ~$10/month or so they charge for that.

I used to do that, and then I started to have issues with my internet not working... tried three different modems of my own and after 4 very frustrated visits from Comcast service I used there cable modem/wireless router.

Have had no issues since then.... so maybe it is a technique they used or I just had really bad luck with cable modems. But the 10 a month has been worth it for me after having to go through that for 2 weeks and my wife ready to murder someone as she was working from home.

I used to do that, and then I started to have issues with my internet not working... tried three different modems of my own and after 4 very frustrated visits from Comcast service I used there cable modem/wireless router.

Have had no issues since then.... so maybe it is a technique they used or I just had really bad luck with cable modems. But the 10 a month has been worth it for me after having to go through that for 2 weeks and my wife ready to murder someone as she was working from home.

They (used to, at least) provide a set of supported modems on their website. I've never had an issue using any of those. I want to say the one I have now would be the one I would have gotten if I rented.

They (used to, at least) provide a set of supported modems on their website. I've never had an issue using any of those. I want to say the one I have now would be the one I would have gotten if I rented.

Yeah, it might have been an issue with where we lived. It was in a big unit of condos so could have been an issue there. At this point my cable/internet bill is so high another $10 a month doesn't bother me. Would love to cut that bill in half, but the sports keep me hooked.

We went from Time Warner to Spectrum. I am grandfathered on an old TW rate but if I change anything I go to the Spectrum plan which are higher with less options. It sucks.

We went from Time Warner to Spectrum. I am grandfathered on an old TW rate but if I change anything I go to the Spectrum plan which are higher with less options. It sucks.
that's crazy I was with Time Warner and now spectrum. I got same package and better internet and saved money with Spectrum

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Don't have cable anymore, ended up cutting DTV outta the picture. Just have internet at $40/month. Will eventually use PSVue or Hulu Live for TV.

I just use the internet and stream any sports I want to watch.

Currently on a promo plan with 150 Mbps and unlimited usage.

Only spending 50 cad a month right now but next year goes up to 85 a month (so 40 usd up to 68)

Don't really miss tv but every once and a while it would be nice to just toss on the food network or something and not worry about finding something to watch

Just dropped TV and Phone from Mediacom due to the price increase.

Now I get to pay $80 per month just for the internet :( woohooo

could be worse, you could live in an area with 1 viable provider, or live in Canada with multiple providers all colluding with the same services and the same prices

You really need to look at getting just internet and then use PSVue. It is just like having cable for me and has a bunch of the sports channels. There is no equipment to rent but you just need a streaming device. I heavily recommend the Amazon Fire TV device as the interface is way better than a Roku

So I just swindled AT&T unversed and Internet.

My promo pricing was up on Thursday of this week. I called.....”sorry no promo pricing. So I decided to look into the NEW CUSTOMER deals. Priced everything out for the exact same package we have now. Saving about $5 /mo.

HOWEVER.......the new customer signup gets $150 visa rewards card for doing an online purchase, $150 for bundling tv&internet, $50 for ordering internet online, and $50 for ordering TV online.

Yes I have to pay an extra $70 next month because of the lapse in when my billing cycle ends and when the new customer can get installation. But, for $400 in visa gift cards?????? Sure no problem

Took it out of my name and put it in my wife’s name. What a joke. Just give me the pricing and GC so I don’t have to waste your installation guys time. Literally disconnecting on a Sunday and they’re reinstalling new equipment on a Monday. So effing dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back