Damaikis

Fairway Finder
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.2
I would just like to know what everyone prefers... I love a caddie when they are good and into your round. They're a huge help. What do you all think?

I prefer a cart just because I have never played somewhere nice enough that offers a caddie and I would be hesitant to pay for the service.

I am sure it would be a neat experience but it would be a "once in a lifetime" deal for me.

I love walk and hate riding. I thinks that's all I've gotta say

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I'd do the cart. It can't snicker and roll it's eyes up!!:embarrassed:

I have actually done this before, and think it is the best solution...Caddy with a cart. All four players in their own cart with their caddy. made for an awesome, and fast round.

Never had a caddie. Always have a cart.

I have only played at one course, Edgewood Tahoe, that offered caddies and it was optional so we chose not to based on how expensive it was going to be.

Never had a caddie. Always have a cart.

X's 2
I'm not even sure I know of a course anywhere in this area that even offers a caddie. The Alotian probably does, but I don't know of any others.

I always walk if I can. I can't get into a groove riding a cart. As far as a caddie goes, I've done it and it's awesome. I got one when I played Chambers Bay a few years ago. The guy knew the course really well and had some great stories to share. I felt like a tour pro all day. He read the greens, cleaned my clubs and balls, it was great!

I don't get to do it often but playing with a caddie is great. Especially if you are playing a course you don't know well.

Neither. Walk and carry.

Thinking of getting a GPS though so i suppose it's kind of like a caddy!

A caddie? I'm always impressed when they have someone to take the trash out my cart...

Have only had a caddie once, and I could see the benefits of it, but for just one round it didn't seem like it was worth it.

He was good at his job, knew the course, distances, greens, pin locations, when to lay up, when to go for it, etc. One thing he did not know, was my distances and tendencies. So, it kind of cancelled itself out.

A few shots went something like this;

Caddie: 125 over the bunker, front of green. How's your 9i?
Me: I can get it there. (Top the ball, 30 yards in front of me.)
Caddie: :struggle:

I usually walk and carry my own clubs, but when I'm playing in an event I like to take a caddie.

I've never had a caddie. But I would LOVE to have one at least for one round. To be free to just walk and get yardages for the next shot AND reading greens....Priceless.

JB is my caddie and I find it very helpful. He fixes my alignment, helps me with my club selection and reminds me to keep my head down through my swing.

JB is my caddie and I find it very helpful. He fixes my alignment, helps me with my club selection and reminds me to keep my head down through my swing.

Do you throw him your ball after you mark it on the green without looking at him?

I play my best walking. Helps me to stay in the game. Had a few caddies and for the most part did their jobs well especially when it came to providing course information. But, I think it's kinda fun going it alone and trying figure out what you need to do on your own. Definitely forces you to make a decision and own it.

I'd do the cart. It can't snicker and roll it's eyes up!!:embarrassed:

LOL. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me as well.

I play my best walking. Helps me to stay in the game. Had a few caddies and for the most part did their jobs well especially when it came to providing course information. But, I think it's kinda fun going it alone and trying figure out what you need to do on your own. Definitely forces you to make a decision and own it.

+1
Had caddies at Valhalla, they were helpful with the course knowledge, but when they would stand in the fairway as guide posts, that was distracting. I had a caddie at a rag course I played in the Dominican, all he was good for was telling me how "fast" the greens were (of course, they weren't). The Havercamps should always have a caddie.

Have only had a caddie once, and I could see the benefits of it, but for just one round it didn't seem like it was worth it.

He was good at his job, knew the course, distances, greens, pin locations, when to lay up, when to go for it, etc. One thing he did not know, was my distances and tendencies. So, it kind of cancelled itself out.

A few shots went something like this;

Caddie: 125 over the bunker, front of green. How's your 9i?
Me: I can get it there. (Top the ball, 30 yards in front of me.)
Caddie: :struggle:

LMAO. Man, thats a classic. But then again, what do you expect from an auburn fan? Just kidding. Thats hilarious.

Never played with a caddie and not sure I ever will. Love walking but not sure I could justify the extra expense just to shoot maybe a few strokes better on a nice course.

LMAO. Man, thats a classic. But then again, what do you expect from an auburn fan? Just kidding. Thats hilarious.

Yeah, the Caddie thought it was hilarious...Im sure he has some funny stories to tell at my expense.

The experience of playing with a good caddie is priceless. At first I was dubious about paying up for one but the expeience totally changed my mind. Not only do they help with the round, the caddies I have had at Bandon are just great playing companions and often real characters. I also caddie often for my son when he plays in tournaments. It brings a level of teamwork into a solitary sport and has taught us both a lot about communication.

It is a sad thing that all of the great opportunities for kids to learn how to work are gone. Paper routes and lawn mowing are now adult occupations and labor laws have killed the caddieshack. Sad.

Back