Caddie Will be Playing This Week

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Kinda cool:

Golf Channel's Will Gray..."Martin Trainer...expected his caddie, Aaron Crawford, to be alongside this week in Minnesota...But Crawford has other plans, as he shot a bogey-free 63 in Monday's qualifier to earn one of the final two spots in the 156-man field. Crawford turned pro after high school and has made 11 career starts on the Mackenzie Tour, including four last year."

Awesome for him. Be even better if he beats Trainer!!!!

DANG.. good for him! that'll be interesting to watch.

That was a good story!

Even better was the local Minnesotan caddie that was released from his buddy, who hadnt qualified for much lately. maybe 1 tournament a year. cannot for the life of me find the story but remember reading it and the letter.

Even funnier is that DraftKings has the caddie at 750-1 and Trainer at 1250-1!:ROFLMAO:

good for him. I hope he makes the cut and gets a paycheck.

Wow that is pretty awesome!

Kinda cool:

Golf Channel's Will Gray..."Martin Trainer...expected his caddie, Aaron Crawford, to be alongside this week in Minnesota...But Crawford has other plans, as he shot a bogey-free 63 in Monday's qualifier to earn one of the final two spots in the 156-man field. Crawford turned pro after high school and has made 11 career starts on the Mackenzie Tour, including four last year."

That's fantastic!

I wanna say, "Great for him!", but the "...expected his caddie, Aaron Crawford, to be alongside this week in Minnesota" part has me thinking he didn't even give Trainer a heads up that he was gonna try to qualify. Seems a bit rude unless there's more to the story.

I wanna say, "Great for him!", but the "...expected his caddie, Aaron Crawford, to be alongside this week in Minnesota" part has me thinking he didn't even give Trainer a heads up that he was gonna try to qualify. Seems a bit rude unless there's more to the story.

Well, I think that part of you is WAY off base.

I would be surprised if he didn't tell Trainer that he was going to attempt to Monday qualify. Sheesh...

Well, I think that part of you is WAY off base.

I would be surprised if he didn't tell Trainer that he was going to attempt to Monday qualify. Sheesh...
Maybe, but, if that's true, why would Trainer expect him to be on the bag?

Where in the quote does it say Trainer expected him to be on the bag? I guess I missed that.

The first line of the quote in the first post.

From Golf Digest:

"...[Crawford] told his boss he'd have to find someone else to carry his bag this week.

"Trainer was bummed but also elated. Crawford had just shot 63 at nearby Victory Links to Monday qualify for the 3M. Trainer, a 29-year-old, one-time PGA Tour winner, would have to find a replacement looper for the bag.

“When I didn’t get a response at first I thought I better see what’s going on, so I went online thinking the round had taken a while, and when I checked scoring I saw that he was eight under,” Trainer said. “I thought uh oh I might need a new caddie. I texted him and told him great round.”

It's a nice story, why ruin it?

I didn't ruin anything. That was obviously not in the original post. That's precisely why I said, "... unless there's more to the story."

I didn't ruin anything. That was obviously not in the original post. That's precisely why I said, "... unless there's more to the story."

You also made an assumption. And yes, you did. It's a nice story and with all the crap that is going on, a little good news is a nice change of pace. Why not start your own thread with a dose of negativity and leave this one alone?

You also made an assumption. And yes, you did. It's a nice story and with all the crap that is going on, a little good news is a nice change of pace. Why not start your own thread with a dose of negativity and leave this one alone?

Where did I make an assumption? I just commented on what was posted. I even pointed out that I wanted to say, "Great for him!"

"...part has me thinking he didn't even give Trainer a heads up that he was gonna try to qualify."

"...part has me thinking he didn't even give Trainer a heads up that he was gonna try to qualify."

Sure, if you leave out the part I quoted which clearly says, "...expected his caddie, Aaron Crawford, to be alongside this week in Minnesota" (just so we're on the same page, that was saying that Trainer expected his caddie to be alongside him this week), it might look that way. However, I also said it has me thinking. I never said I assumed that was the case.

I'm not certain, but maybe, just maybe, if there weren't details left out of the original post, I might have had a clearer picture of what happened.

I think he knew he was playing in it because he said he hadn't heard anything and thought the round was taking a while so he went online to check out the scores. I'm guessing he just figured that it's hard to qualify and thought the odds are that he wouldn't.

I think he knew he was playing in it because he said he hadn't heard anything and thought the round was taking a while so he went online to check out the scores. I'm guessing he just figured that it's hard to qualify and thought the odds are that he wouldn't.

I get that now that more info was posted. That's why I put the caveat in earlier about there being more to the story.

I was curious how this turned out, so went to the leaderboard. As it turns out, they both missed the cut. Crawford at +1 (69/74), Trainer at +8 (75/75). Maybe Trainer will be on Crawford's bag soon. :ROFLMAO:

I was curious how this turned out, so went to the leaderboard. As it turns out, they both missed the cut. Crawford at +1 (69/74), Trainer at +8 (75/75). Maybe Trainer will be on Crawford's bag soon. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I saw that. Maybe they should trade places.

Back