Review CaddyDaddy Claw Glove Review

I received one of these gloves in my mystery grab bag and since I'm a lefty I passed it on to one of my playing partners this morning. I wasn't in the same group as him, but I will say that after the round he couldn't stop commenting on how well the glove gripped the club.

I did take it out of the package when I got it as I was curious about them, and it certainly seems like a very breathable glove. The palm section felt super weird at first because of the silicon ribbing but I could see it being a benefit when the weather turns south, especially during a round. I normally switch over to rain gloves but I would wager you could just keep using the claw without any issue.

I have a question about ordering. They do have a nice size guide there, but the order field is titled 'Right or Left Handed' but the drop-down options are 'Right Handed Player' or 'Left Handed Player'. I'm right handed so I wear a glove on my left hand. Do I pick 'right handed player' or is that going to result in my receiving a right hand glove?

I have a question about ordering. They do have a nice size guide there, but the order field is titled 'Right or Left Handed' but the drop-down options are 'Right Handed Player' or 'Left Handed Player'. I'm right handed so I wear a glove on my left hand. Do I pick 'right handed player' or is that going to result in my receiving a right hand glove?
That gave me pause as well, but picking right handed player gets you a left hand glove. When checking out, it will also say it explicitly.

That gave me pause as well, but picking right handed player gets you a left hand glove. When checking out, it will also say it explicitly.

Thanks! I know it's kind of an obvious answer, but just the wording of it was a bit confusing - thanks brother (y)

I jumped in on the free towel promotion and put the Claw in play for the first time yesterday. Living in Houston heat and humidity is a constant battle in the summer months. Yesterday was bad, really really BAD!! Warming up on the range felt like I was in a bowl of soup. My non glove hand had to be wiped between each shot but never dried off. I used the single Claw all day without issue. I normally carry three gloves and use them in rotation so I always have a somewhat dry glove. The back of the glove was wet with sweat but the palm was dry and offered great performance even on a crazy high humidity day.

The Claw may not be right for you if you can only play thin all leather gloves. I often find myself needing a glove at the last minute and will buy whatever on the way to the course. Thicker synthetic gloves are not my preference but I wear them a lot and they do not bother me when playing. If you do not mind a thicker glove then the Claw may be just right for you. I have found my glove for at least the hot summer months and maybe full time.

Bottom line is if you deal with high humidity and club slippage during the swing then the Claw is the answer, the only question is if you can deal with the feel.

Last edited:
@Rod Dunlap
I am one of the heathens that never wears a glove but, I won a Claw Daddy in the Mystery Grab Bags and decided to try it out. I must say, I will be wearing a Claw Daddy from now on! Comfortable, cool and, retains good feel!
Question for you, I received a large and find it fits well in all aspects except for the fingers being a little long, would a med. or cadet size eliminate that issue?
Thank you!

@Rod Dunlap
I am one of the heathens that never wears a glove but, I won a Claw Daddy in the Mystery Grab Bags and decided to try it out. I must say, I will be wearing a Claw Daddy from now on! Comfortable, cool and, retains good feel!
Question for you, I received a large and find it fits well in all aspects except for the fingers being a little long, would a med. or cadet size eliminate that issue?
Thank you!
Happy we converted you! I'd recommend a Large Cadet first and if for some reason that doesn't work out we can do a free exchange with a medium. It's the last day for our free towel promotion if you'd like to order: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...owel-with-claw-glove-from-caddydaddy.8921796/

Another lucky Mystery Grab bag recipient here. Received the X-Large and it's a shade big but can make it work. I definitely like the glove and will be happily playing one for years to come. My one comment/question is has anyone used them in the rain? I played a lot of wet weather golf the last couple weeks with this glove and when it was raining I switched over to my old leather gloves. Is this an expected thing? Obviously nothing feels great in the rain, but it made me nervous enough I switched back until things dried out some more.

Just ordered a second glove. Impressed with the performance in hot humid conditions.

I will be using the Claw in my next round. After reading the review and the feedback, I have to say I am looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Since acquiring one of these it has become my go to glove. I still take mine off in between shots but it never seems to get damp like leather gloves which is nice.

I bought two Caddy Daddy gloves back in the spring and still have the first one in play. It's finally starting to show some ware.

20200902_125934.jpg

Last edited:
I am taking two of these up to Beech Mountain in NC this weekend.

So - my glove just arrived and although I haven't gamed it yet, some quick observations.

1) I got a large, concerned that it would be 'too big' based on other member's feedback. It fits perfectly. Like a glove even :) Had I not gone large as I usually do, I wouldn't be able to wear it. I think if their earlier versions ran small, that's been resolved.

2) Damn this thing is 'grippy'. I really like the feel of it. I am a big fan of the Hirzl glove as it has a similar feel.

3) One unique feature that I haven't seen others mention is the 'cutout' on the left edge of the glove at the wrist. I assume this is to ensure there's no restriction in movement during a swing. I don't have an opinion on that aspect, but I've never had a glove with a 'cutout' of any kind, so interested to see if that is a helpful feature.

Look forward to my next round with this.

Thanks to @Rod Dunlap reminding me about the free towel offer I received my glove and towel today. Had won a large in my grab bag but found the fingers to long, ordered a large/cadet and thou it's a lot better, the fingers are still a little long. I would see about swapping for a medium but, it is pretty tight across the palm and am worried a med. would not fit. Once I wear out this one I might try smaller.

Thanks to @Rod Dunlap reminding me about the free towel offer I received my glove and towel today. Had won a large in my grab bag but found the fingers to long, ordered a large/cadet and thou it's a lot better, the fingers are still a little long. I would see about swapping for a medium but, it is pretty tight across the palm and am worried a med. would not fit. Once I wear out this one I might try smaller.
Please hit me up on email and we'll send out a medium to see which fits better.

I’ve been biding time reading this thread before I posted my two cents. First let me say customer service is great....had too large a size and was able to get a replacement quickly. I’ve used this glove on the range many times and durability is outstanding. So is performance with the first bucket of balls, however I’m usually sweating profusely by the second bucket and curiously, the glove gets an oily finish on the silicone ribs that won’t wipe off?

At that point I have to switch to a conventional leather glove but the next day the Claw Daddy is ready to go again until sweat gets on the silicone, a little frustrating.

I really want to like this glove, who wouldn’t want a glove that lasts 60 rounds? However, on course use is relegated for cooler temps.

I’ve been biding time reading this thread before I posted my two cents. First let me say customer service is great....had too large a size and was able to get a replacement quickly. I’ve used this glove on the range many times and durability is outstanding. So is performance with the first bucket of balls, however I’m usually sweating profusely by the second bucket and curiously, the glove gets an oily finish on the silicone ribs that won’t wipe off?

At that point I have to switch to a conventional leather glove but the next day the Claw Daddy is ready to go again until sweat gets on the silicone, a little frustrating.

I really want to like this glove, who wouldn’t want a glove that lasts 60 rounds? However, on course use is relegated for cooler temps.
Maybe throw it in the washing machine to see if something got into the glove material that's causing it? I've used mine all summer in 100+ degree temps where I'm sweating so much I look like I was in a wet t-shirt contest by the end of the round, and have never experienced that. Two of the guys in my regular golf group have bought the Caddy Daddy gloves after seeing mine, playing in the same desert summer conditions, and neither of them have complained of it either.

Maybe throw it in the washing machine to see if something got into the glove material that's causing it? I've used mine all summer in 100+ degree temps where I'm sweating so much I look like I was in a wet t-shirt contest by the end of the round, and have never experienced that. Two of the guys in my regular golf group have bought the Caddy Daddy gloves after seeing mine, playing in the same desert summer conditions, and neither of them have complained of it either.
I’ve thrown it in the washer a number of times and air dried it. It’s great until it gets sweaty, at which time I can’t seem to get the grip surface tacky, it just stays oily until it eventually does dry. By then I’ve had to switch to a leather glove. I was able to go an entire range session when we had an unsually cool day last week. I’m sure I’ll get great usage from it in the fall and colder months.

I’ve thrown it in the washer a number of times and air dried it. It’s great until it gets sweaty, at which time I can’t seem to get the grip surface tacky, it just stays oily until it eventually does dry. By then I’ve had to switch to a leather glove. I was able to go an entire range session when we had an unsually cool day last week. I’m sure I’ll get great usage from it in the fall and colder months.
Similar experience with my second order. 1st order stayed stoopid grippy and wore out in other places (around thumb an wrist area) before grip or standard spot shown any wear.

The 2nd order was new style without ball mark and I ordered medium cadet instead of small (thinking the smaller glove was why I got the wore out spots in 1st batch). 1st glove was fine for a couple rounds then I played early morning with lots of dew. Once it got wet it stayed slippery and each following round the same happened after a few holes. 2nd glove from 2bd batch exact same.

I do love them so I'll go back to cadet next order and see if somehow it rectifies the problem.

Similar experience with my second order. 1st order stayed stoopid grippy and wore out in other places (around thumb an wrist area) before grip or standard spot shown any wear.

The 2nd order was new style without ball mark and I ordered medium cadet instead of small (thinking the smaller glove was why I got the wore out spots in 1st batch). 1st glove was fine for a couple rounds then I played early morning with lots of dew. Once it got wet it stayed slippery and each following round the same happened after a few holes. 2nd glove from 2bd batch exact same.

I do love them so I'll go back to cadet next order and see if somehow it rectifies the problem.
I really like the concept and potential value but I’m hesitant to try another especially if you’ve had the same issue with two gloves.

Rod...any tips or ideas on how to dry the tacky surface once it gets wet? Towel doesn’t seem to work? Are there any leftovers from the first version?

Back