CaddyDaddy Claw Golf Gloves

As long as they're comfortable to wear and the padding/grip doesn't create a distraction while gripping the club, I think they look like they could work great. I'm still amazed at how many gloves put the marker on them, I haven't taken one off a glove in forever.
I really like Footjoy's magnetic marker they have on the closure tab of some of their gloves

I really don't like the name, but I would love to try them.

It's something I would be willing to try. I've tried some of these synthetic type gloves and frankly don't like them because they are too slick when wet from perpetration. Like the feel of a smooth glove on the grip but then again you have to be open about any changes until you try it.

That will be worth a try when it is 100+ here in the summer. It would be nice to have a glove that lasts and breathes well.

Just checked it out. I’m never a fan of anexpensive new thing. I feel to break into a crowded market one must make a name first before selling something more expensive than the competition.

19.99/glove. Worth a try? Maybe. Worth 20/glove? Hard to tell. I would’ve tried one for 9.95/glove but no way is 20 a glove worth a try when 30-glove gets you kangaroo leather that never gets hard worn or torn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked it out. I’m never a fan of anexpensive new thing. I feel to break into a crowded market one must make a name first before selling something more expensive than the competition.

19.99/glove. Worth a try? Maybe. Worth 20/glove? Hard to tell. I would’ve tried one for 9.95/glove but no way is 20 a glove worth a try when 30-glove gets you kangaroo leather that never gets hard worn or torn.

There are some arguments against this of course though.
1. To re-imagine a product is not always cheap.
2. Try selling something cheap and then raising the price.
3. This isn't more than the competition, in fact its less than a lot of them.

I personally like as little padding as possible in a glove, but if they keep the feel close to a cabretta glove and offer superior grip, then I'd try them.

As long as it doesn't compromise feel, I would give them a try!

One of my complaints with leather gloves is the smell that lingers on your hand after you take it off. I would be interested in the smellatonics with this new glove. Yes, I made that word up. :whistle:

These look interesting. My hands sweat a lot so a typical leather glove does not last long for me. If these gloves solved that problem it would be a welcomed feature for me.

"CaddyDaddy" sounds silly to me as a brand/company name but if people say these are good, I'd be willing to try them. I just wouldn't be the first to try them.

I'd surely give them a try when I begin playing again.

These would be worth a try to test the durability on. If they actually do what they claim then the $20 is totally worth it. If not, well I've spent money on worse.

It's warm to hot (100+) during most of the year so a breathable glove is definitely of interest. Looking forward to your feedback.

They look a lot like football receiver gloves.
That is the very first thing I said to myself, also. That being said, I'll give them a go. It's worth trying, IMHO.

Reminds me of the glove I tried about 7-8 years ago that I found by watching the Haney project and wondering which glove Charles Barkley was wearing. Had a black palm area that was like a receiver glove. Good grip. Felt odd. Not as smooth as leather etc. lasted a long time. As usual other things wear our first like Velcro or something

Might have been the Bionic glove with a black palm. I used them for years and they last a long time. Received a couple of the Taylormade gloves in June, still have them both, dirty but still serviceable.....may have to give these a try.

As someone in the glove business it will be interesting to hear thoughts on slippage. Not glove to grip, because the silicone will most assuredly provide enhanced grip in many conditions, but slippage of the hand inside the glove. In some applications, the increased grip will create slippage somewhere else. Sometimes it manifests itself inside the glove where there is just a little extra room. I think the silicone grip will cause the wearer to drop down a size possibly or at the very least pay much more attention to a very snug fit to minimize movement inside the glove which could be quite unnerving during the swing.

So do the "Rules of Golf" and "USGA" mean the same thing? I'm asking because I don't know...
Must have gotten a ruling in writing to print that on the packaging, right?

A small company like this one can print whatever they want on the packaging without any real fear of ramifications. I’ll say it again, I’d be surprised if they were USGA conforming. They clearly have two different materials on the palm and to me are not “smooth“. It’s up to the USGA to interpret but as usual another one of their rules is ambiguous.

A small company like this one can print whatever they want on the packaging without any real fear of ramifications. I’ll say it again, I’d be surprised if they were USGA conforming. They clearly have two different materials on the palm and to me are not “smooth“. It’s up to the USGA to interpret but as usual another one of their rules is ambiguous.

Yeah I am a little in the gray area on this one. I have reached out to a friend there for information. This part (from above) I think gives them a pass, because while in photos it looks rather large, the thin strip might pass.

"Material may be added for wear resistance, moisture absorption or other functional purposes, provided it does not exceed the definition of padding."

JB, how are the gloves performing thus far during your round?

If they do in fact conform I will definitely be giving these a go. Better grip, better breathability, more durable, machine washable, reasonable price point. If all that is true these gloves check all my boxes. Looking forward to their release here.

I was about to say, is this a golf glove that doubles as a flag football add on later in the day?

I bet it's crazy tacky though.
The additional tack is something that confuses me. My cabretta glove might wear out sooner than this CaddyDaddy glove, but I've never had an issue with grip.

Might have been the Bionic glove with a black palm. I used them for years and they last a long time. Received a couple of the Taylormade gloves in June, still have them both, dirty but still serviceable.....may have to give these a try.

It was made by Cutters. They make football gloves. Had a huge area on palm and thumb that was basically made of some material similar to what’s on a receivers glove. Not available anymore not sure why. Similar to these they were unavailable to try before buying and were expensive. To me, maybe I’m old fashion but 16/glove is expensive. Think stasof or Titleist players gloves. 16.99. Expensive. Screw anything higher unless it’s highly advanced and these look that. All I’m saying if I started a jacket company my first release wouldn’t be a 800 dollar jacket and say well there are other jackets at higher cost so we’re not expensive.

Only thing I can really find on cutter golf glove is this article talking about how Ryan Moore wore one for a while.

It was made by Cutters. They make football gloves. Had a huge area on palm and thumb that was basically made of some material similar to what’s on a receivers glove. Not available anymore not sure why. Similar to these they were unavailable to try before buying and were expensive. To me, maybe I’m old fashion but 16/glove is expensive. Think stasof or Titleist players gloves. 16.99. Expensive. Screw anything higher unless it’s highly advanced and these look that. All I’m saying if I started a jacket company my first release wouldn’t be a 800 dollar jacket and say well there are other jackets at higher cost so we’re not expensive.

Only thing I can really find on cutter golf glove is this article talking about how Ryan Moore wore one for a while.

Costco, 4 gloves for 20 bucks
"Introducing the Kirkland Signature Premium Cabretta Leather Golf Glove with Ball Marker.
Premium Cabretta Leather "One Piece" Glove gives exceptional grip and resists moisture.
This leather stays soft round after round while providing exceptional feel and durability.
The closure tab provides comfort and a perfect fit."

I am still using the 2 Taylormade i was given this past summer, but i have 2 or 3 friends that swear by them and for 20 bucks, who cares if they wear out one everywhere months....

Back