• Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

ken419

Return of the Hack
Reaction score
Handicap
Oh Yeah
Help me settle an argument with a friend of mine. Which is a better golf movie: Caddyshack or Happy Gilmore?

No debate....Caddyshack

Help me settle an argument with a friend of mine. Which is a better golf movie: Caddyshack or Happy Gilmore?

I suppose some of the younger ones would pick Happy Gilmore, but for me it is CaddyShack hands down. Gilmore is a good laugh though.

Re: Caddyshack vs. Happy Gilmore

+1

No debate....Caddyshack

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice!"

Hands down for me it was Caddyshack!

Happy Gilmore is a great movie. But it's not Caddyshack. There really is no debate here.

see its not that i didnt care for either, i just love both. IMO theyre both just as awesome, i just have to be in the mood for one or the other. HG is a little more golfy, but the lines in caddyshack are much more comical, and less of an enforced storyline

Both awesome, I have to go with the OG.

see its not that i didnt care for either, i just love both. IMO theyre both just as awesome, i just have to be in the mood for one or the other. HG is a little more golfy, but the lines in caddyshack are much more comical, and less of an enforced storyline

You really think so? I agree that HG was more "tour" related, with some pros having cameos and was a lot about tourney play, but I think that I can relate to CS more: cheaters moving their ball, obnoxious players, slow players, getting hit by lightning, lol.

I'd have to go with Caddyshack. I consider it one of the best comedy movies of all time, not just sports or golf movies (although I still think Tin Cup would give it a run for its money in terms of golf films). Caddyshack is one of those movies I can watch any time and crack up at all of the jokes and memorable lines. I will usually go out of my way to watch it if it happens to be on tv, I can't say the same about Happy Gilmore.

Caddyshack FTW

i like happy gilmore just a little bit better than caddyshack, however both are true classics.

Its closer than you would think- but Caddyshack can't be beat. Even the Kenny Loggins theme song "I'm Alright" rocks.

I went w/ Happy Gilmore. Caddyshack isn't a bad movie, but IMO, just not as good as Happy Gilmore.

Happy Gilmore is non stop laughs for me, especially when it was new. Someone mentioned that they quote lines off of Caddyshack a lot and they don't do it for Happy Gilmore. Well, I'm the opposite. I quote lines off of Happy Gilmore quite often.

I suppose some of the younger ones would pick Happy Gilmore, but for me it is CaddyShack hands down. Gilmore is a good laugh though.

I'm betting that's probably how it will pan out. I picked Caddyshack but thought Happy Gilmore was funny too.

I'm betting that's probably how it will pan out. I picked Caddyshack but thought Happy Gilmore was funny too.

I'm sure the generations will have their influence, but I deviate from the norm most of the time. Caddyshack is a priceless classic. Happy Gillmore is good slapstick humor for some lines to quote, but Caddyshack has the lasting humor I never get tired of watching.

i was the one who voted "didn't care for either one". both kind of annoy me. i'm not a big chevy chase fan so that doesn't help caddyshack's chances, and i just got tired of adam sandler movies that were coming out on the same time frame as taylormade drivers.

i've never seen the appeal to caddyshack from so many golfers, it's all you hear about when it comes to golfing movies. so, here i am, the lone wolf.

i was the one who voted "didn't care for either one". both kind of annoy me. i'm not a big chevy chase fan so that doesn't help caddyshack's chances, and i just got tired of adam sandler movies that were coming out on the same time frame as taylormade drivers.

i've never seen the appeal to caddyshack from so many golfers, it's all you hear about when it comes to golfing movies. so, here i am, the lone wolf.

tin cup is my favorite golf movie....but it wasnt an option. lol.

I need to go back and rewatch Caddyshack. Dont remember it being that good, but I wasnt an avid golfer back then either. I do like Bill Murray though!

I like Happy Gilmore more, mainly because Caddyshack is so random that it doesnt really make sense.

This is like asking if the Yankees or Royals are a more storied franchise... Not even close. Caddyshack was the first of its kind. It is not only the best golf movie of all time, it is probably the best sports comedy of all time, and perhaps top 10 comedy of all time. Happy Gilmore was funny at times, but for the most part I just found Adam Sandler annoying. The cast of Caddyshack is legendary and Happy Gilmore didn't have Lacy Underall. Nuff said. Put it this way, if it wasn't for Caddyshack, there never would have been a Happy Gilmore.

Back