• Caddyshack

Votes: 130 77.4%
  • Happy Gilmore

Votes: 37 22.0%
  • Didn't care for either one

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
ted_knight.jpg

"Last time I saw a hat like that it came with a free bowl of soup.......but it looks good on you though!"

IAnd be honest, on the driving range...Who HASN'T tried the running swing with their driver Happy style? Heck maybe even on the Links someone might've tried it once.

I've seen someone on one of the Lessons from the Pros show on the Golf Channel perform the Happy Gimore running swing off the tee.....I want to say it was Ian Poulter???

It was Paddy and I'm pretty sure he killed the ball.

I tried the running Drive Happy style shot on the range and completely whiffed, stumbled after the full swing to try and kill it.

I did see the Harrington clip and he crushed it in full.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

He did it on Sports Science too, he actually gained a few yards of carry distance but the dispersion was all over the place.

I had similar results to Cobra when I tried it, I about fell on my arse and my back wasn't feeling too good when it was over.

I had similar results to Cobra when I tried it, I about fell on my arse and my back wasn't feeling too good when it was over.
Hahahhah...I swear I think my Driver head on my backswing reached my hip area. My feet is where I got a bit tangled up then I swung it like a baseball bat and the momentum of my body and club almost sent me down.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I think there is a definite generation gap here...I loved caddyshack when I was young even before I ever got into golf. Now that I golf its even better. Happy Gilmore is good...but caddyshack is a classic!

Carl: "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas."
Angie D'Annunzio: "A looper?"
Carl: "A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald ... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a 10,000-foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? 'Gunga galunga .... gunga, gunga-lagunga.' So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me, which is nice."

Last edited:
Caddyshack.

While I love Adam Sandler, and think Happy Gilmore was his crowning achievement (Along with Billy Madison), nothing beats caddyshack. Bill Murray in the flowerbed? Classic. Bill Murray/ Chevy Chase Cannonball scene? Classic. Every piece of that movie is priceless, nothing will ever top it, not even "Who's Your Caddy" (HORRIBLE).

I think there is a definite generation gap here...I loved caddyshack when I was young even before I ever got into golf. Now that I golf its even better. Happy Gilmore is good...but caddyshack is a classic!

Carl: "So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas."
Angie D'Annunzio: "A looper?"
Carl: "A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald ... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a 10,000-foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? 'Gunga galunga .... gunga, gunga-lagunga.' So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, 'Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?' And he says, 'Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me, which is nice."

I love the way he says "which is nice" at the end. I tack that on the end of so many things I say it's ridiculous, which is nice :)

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Watched happy Gilmore once. Never got into it, except the Bob Barker scene.

Hey, Smails! My dinghy's bigger than your whole boat!

Hey, Smails! My dinghy's bigger than your whole boat!

Hey!!! Your boat scratched my anchor.

:eek:

That entire part of the movie is priceless.

"hey, we're having a do Saturday down at the yacht club, are you busy?" (I need to watch it again - don't remember this bit exactly)
"mm, no plans..."
"how'd you like to mow my lawn?"
:eek:
"I figure a college bound fella like yourself could do with a few extra dollars. And when you're done, why don't you swing on by the yacht club?"

"Ahoy polloi. Where did you come from? A scotch ad?"

"It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stockmarket beat. But the man worthwhile, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat"

"I christen thee the flying wasp" CRUNCH. "Oooh!"
"well, don't just stand there go and get some glue."

What an incredible Cinderella story! This unknown, comes out of nowhere, to lead the pack at Augusta. He's at the final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2-iron, I think. [swings, pulverizes a flower] Oh, he got all of that. The crowd is standing on its feet here at Augusta. The normally reserved crowd is going wild... [pauses] for this young Cinderella who's come out of nowhere. He's got about 350 yards left, he's going to hit about a 5-iron, it looks like, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing... [swings, pulverizes another flower] that's- oh, he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that! The crowd is just on its feet here. He's a Cinderella boy. Tears in his eyes, I guess, as he lines up this last shot. He's got about 195 yards left, and he's got a, looks like he's got about an 8-iron. This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters champion. [swings, pulverizes yet another flower] It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Caddyshack has Kenny Loggins...'nuff said

Caddyshack, no question! Movie is 30 years old and I still hear many lines from it every time I play golf "against people.... for money....."

"So I says to him....hey Lama, how about a little something for the effort?"

"This is my friend, Mr. Wang . . . no offense."

I'm watching Happy Gilmore right now and found this while doing a Google check on info. Had to leave my opinion. This movie is awesome, but I'm sorry, there's no competition. Caddyshack is by far the winner. On top of the writing, the amount of stars with main roles was incredible. I love them both, but Caddyshack is the winner!

It looks good on you though.............

Best line ever.

I'm watching Happy Gilmore right now and found this while doing a Google check on info. Had to leave my opinion. This movie is awesome, but I'm sorry, there's no competition. Caddyshack is by far the winner. On top of the writing, the amount of stars with main roles was incredible. I love them both, but Caddyshack is the winner!

Oh yes, hell yes. Caddyshack is almost realistic. Happy Gilmore is just stupid. haha

Back