Calder Cup Champs!!

MudFlap

Reaction score
Handicap
Trees
This doesn't mean much to most but it sure does to my little city and as a 20 year season ticket holder I still can't believe it!! My hometown AHL team beat Houston tonight 3-2 to clinch the series and the cup.:drinks:

Binghamton Senators 2011 AHL Calder Cup Champions!!!
tumblr_lmgerhsKWU1qkuu03o1_1280.jpg

Whoa, sweet!

Houston made short work of our (Edmonton Oilers) farm team (Oklahoma) and looked to be on a pretty good roll, your boys must have been on fire. Congrats.

Congrats to the team and to you as well!

Congrats!!!

Condra and Potulny both played for the local junior team here in Lincoln. Glad to see some ex-Lincoln Stars doing well in the pros. WTG guys!

Way to go Sens!
I thought my Baby Pens may have had a chance this year, but no dice. Sad I didn't make it out to Scranton for a single game this year.
AHL hockey (just like NHL hockey) is very entertaining and very underrated.

I've had this jersey for a couple years... Thought I would share it because it is actually pretty cool! I always get asked about it when I wear it.

x2_67c4b95

Congrats...But the Hershey Bears will reclaim it again next year.

Woo hoo!!!! Go Sens!!!! Awesome game last night. Houston sure is a nasty and dirty playing team and I'm glad we beat them. I absolutely hated watching the games on the CSS feed. Their production was absolutely horrible. Who cuts to replays or shows the crowd, or shows the mascot....all during play? It was so annoying.

And Kaspars Daugavins had the most epic moustache ever.

I still remember seeing them about 15 years ago when they were still the Binghamton Rangers. They lost like 8-1. Saw a goal scored from the opposite blue line It was about 2 degrees and we had a decent walk to the arena. Do they still play at the Broome County Arena?

I still remember seeing them about 15 years ago when they were still the Binghamton Rangers. They lost like 8-1. Saw a goal scored from the opposite blue line It was about 2 degrees and we had a decent walk to the arena. Do they still play at the Broome County Arena?

Yes, they still play at the Arena. It has changed quite a bit in the last 15 years, expecially since they became the affiliate of Ottawa.

Great win for the B Sens and Binghamton to capture the Calder Cup. Been following it on Team 1200 up here in Ottawa. Congrats!

Great win for the B Sens and Binghamton to capture the Calder Cup. Been following it on Team 1200 up here in Ottawa. Congrats!

I don't think we have had a team this good since the NHL lockout. I was at the game last friday and there were a ton of fans that came down from Ottawa. Nice to see the support from the big club's home town.

What a crazy 24 hours...4 hours sleep, way too many beers, way too much heat and sun at the parade today, no voice left, $300 bar tab...it can't get any better than this!!

Great sweater Canadan, I have one of those 5 year anniversary ones in my collection.

Work is going to be hell tomorrow...time to pass out.

What a crazy 24 hours...4 hours sleep, way too many beers, way too much heat and sun at the parade today, no voice left, $300 bar tab...it can't get any better than this!!

Great sweater Canadan, I have one of those 5 year anniversary ones in my collection.

I love how much fun you're having with this.. Goes to show just how valuable even minor league hockey can be in peoples lives.

I wish the Columbus AHL franchise would move to Cincinnati.

Glad to hear you guys celebrated well, rest up!

Very nice Congrats

Feeling a little better now haha.

It is a pretty big deal here and deserves to be celebrated. Binghamton is a minor league sports town and especially a hockey town so for us it's as good as it gets for following hometown sports.

An AHL game is a great way to watch hockey and I'd recommend it to anyone...cheap tickets and awesome hockey. 29 or 30 of the players for Bingo and Houston in the final saw time in the NHL this year, the talent and effort are there to make for some amazing games.

Here's the story and a video of the last few seconds of game 6 and the celebration...
http://www.binghamtonsenators.com/news/topnews/index.html?article_id=1090

Back