Caledonia Golf & Fish Club, Course Review

Awesome review Seth. I can't wait to experience this golf course in July.

Probably my favorite hole...

IMG_2011_zps7a45734a.jpg

IMG_2008_zpsb631532c.jpg

IMG_2012_zps0927d43f.jpg

IMG_2014_zpsefdd2abf.jpg

Better pictures. But they don't do the course justice.

Cant wait to get out on this course and rock it.

It's such a great course.

TC1 -- That pic is from the tee at 14, right? Such a dramatic tee shot over the water. That hole and No.7 (I think) are so different from the back tees.

It's such a great course.

TC1 -- That pic is from the tee at 14, right? Such a dramatic tee shot over the water. That hole and No.7 (I think) are so different from the back tees.

I think you're right on both holes. They do look quite different.....luckily I haven't had to play them from WAY back there. :)

So excited to see Caledonia and True Blue both for the first time.

MC bump!

I thought this thread was worth a bump in light of the upcoming MC.

If I ever see the THPer who prepared this review thread in person, he's getting a shandy on me. :alien:

I would buy him a shandy if all the pictures were in the correct orientation.

I bet that guy is the dry cleaner's favorite customer.

I watched the 2013 round two coverage the other day to get a mental reminder of what this course is like. Can't wait to dig some balls out of that bermuda rough.

I bet that guy is the dry cleaner's favorite customer.

I watched the 2013 round two coverage the other day to get a mental reminder of what this course is like. Can't wait to dig some balls out of that bermuda rough.

NO need, I hit fairways

NO need, I hit fairways

Excellent!

That is just one thing that I really remember about that course. True Blue seemed to have shorter rough areas.

I cant wait til im in my first waste bunker and stand over the ball forever telling myself its ok for the club to touch the sand

I think, of the two MC courses, I'm most excited to play Caledonia. Just looks like there are some really interesting looks, though I'm pretty much quivering looking at some of those pictures of the greens. Looks like I'll just have to hunt flags all day, then.

Just read your review, Seth. Heck of a write-up. Great photos too, minus the vertigo feeling I got looking at a few of them :alien:. I absolutely love this course. It's short, but challenging. You really have to think your way around the course from tee to green and it will be a great test for those of us playing in the MC.

Hi Freddie

img0704pv.jpg

I'm looking forward to that hole so much. Devil little par 3.

It sure does. In 2012 the pin was in the front left, TBT, Coobreeze, Smallville, and I all hit good shots inside 10 feet. Last year it was in the back right, that was a much trickier pin.

When pin is on the right it's funny how many balls end up in that big bush tree behind that end of the green. No escape from there.

Haven't made worse than par on that hole yet. Hitting the green helps big time.

When pin is on the right it's funny how many balls end up in that big bush tree behind that end of the green. No escape from there.

Haven't made worse than par on that hole yet. Hitting the green helps big time.
Castor got up and down from over the green with an amazing shot!

When I played it a few months ago, the ball was tracking for the flag in the air and I was thinking I've got a chance for a hole-in-one. What a silly thing to think as it flew over the green.

It sure does. In 2012 the pin was in the front left, TBT, Coobreeze, Smallville, and I all hit good shots inside 10 feet. Last year it was in the back right, that was a much trickier pin.

yep all 4 of us had decent shots......Breezy hit it to about 5 feet and I think we had about a 15 footer

Back