Callaway and Top Golf Merger

Perhaps the "clubs" they have you use will be better now.

I think the possibilities are endless.
Full fittings.
Entertainment and parties with real clubs.

Doing a better job to convince golfers it’s golf and non golfers it’s not.

The fittings aspect is one that comes to mind. The regular folks who go there don't care what clubs are available to hit. Updating the clubs in the hitting bays is a plus, but I think this opens the door on the ground level to get those guests who get bit by the bug, to be fit or at the very least be exposed to the brand.

great place to learn and hone your game instead of trying this when in the group ahead of me...

Interesting. As someone else said, seems to be a lifestyle brand move. The company portfolio diversification seems to make sense.

Full fittings.

Also a swing data gold mine if they have some of the bays have real balls and other data metrics. I can see them being able to utilize memberships to be able to track swing data if you wanted to provide that info and then track over time. I bet there is at least one or two folks interested in that. Then take that data and make club recommendations, or referrals for a complimentary fitting etc.

Could also funnel in rebranded test balls into the mix with “range ball” on them while nobody is the wiser. Pop in a test ball every nth time and see how it changes vs the swing data. Would never replace the swing robot of ball cannon, but could test everything from spin metrics to durability. Throw a handful of test balls into the mix just simply to test hundreds of patrons smashing a a ball repeatedly.

Full fittings.

full fittings, there you got me.

I wonder if they will offer tour set ups like Phil’s big driver for people to try.
Really good idea for them to buy TopGolf.

Very interesting. My impression from afar was that the investor group wanted to cut expenses, streamline operations, focus on golf, etc.
You are correct, last I heard they wanted to divest from T.G. and take the money and run. Must have decided it was a cash cow.

I always wondered when they were going to make the move....I think is great way to diversify and expand the brand.

I am not asking for a bunch of Mavrik and X Forged irons to be there, but something reasonably playable would be nice when you just want to have a few drinks, watch a game and mash some golf balls. As it is now, I have to bring my bag and I always feel awkward about it.

If you are a member there the upgrade clubs are actually decent.

Last edited:
Does this mean that TopGolf will have actual golf clubs in their bays, instead of what can only be described as recycled soda cans filled with lead glued to the end of fishing poles?
This was thoughts 1 through 5 for me. I will pay more to swing them, if they offer it.

If you are a member there they upgrade clubs are actually decent.
That’s good to know, I am a member I think. I’ll check that out next time.

A big move to sell more product. Wonder if they will replace all the golf clubs and balls at their locations. Vegas could be the crown jewel with it being a destination town, well not at the moment, but late next year!

Does this mean that TopGolf will have actual golf clubs in their bays, instead of what can only be described as recycled soda cans filled with lead glued to the end of fishing poles?
I'm sure you realize you can bring your own clubs if you want to. Actually, I thought the clubs were quite decent for those who choose not to bring their own clubs. This isn't the Masters tournament going on, it is an entertainment venue. When I head over to Topgolf I generally bring three of my own clubs depending on which ones I want to hit that particular day. I see this type of venue as a fellowship time over lunch and keeping the muscles lose sort of thing. It's very casual and the number of customers they have testifies to the quality of the business.

I'm sure you realize you can bring your own clubs if you want to. Actually, I thought the clubs were quite decent for those who choose not to bring their own clubs. This isn't the Masters tournament going on, it is an entertainment venue. When I head over to Topgolf I generally bring three of my own clubs depending on which ones I want to hit that particular day. I see this type of venue as a fellowship time over lunch and keeping the muscles lose sort of thing. It's very casual and the number of customers they have testifies to the quality of the business.
I do realize, which is why I said as much 11 posts after the comment you quoted. I have been a few times, and even unlocked level two of Top Pressure once. I should put that in my signature now that I think about it.

Wonder if Callaway will be putting in the capex to expand the TopGolf footprint to other locations. Between Callaway, Travis Mathew, Ogio and now Jack Wolfskin-a lot of soft goods to sell as well.

This is very interesting. I would love to have hitting bays with legit launch monitors to look a real data in the OKC area.
Not that Callaway is going to do that but interesting none the less.

"Together, Callaway and Topgolf create an unrivaled golf and entertainment business," said Chip Brewer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Callaway. "This combination unites proven leaders with a shared passion for delivering exceptional golf experiences for all – from elite touring professionals to new and aspiring entrants to the game. We've long seen the value in Topgolf and we are confident that together, we can create a larger, higher growth, technology-enabled global golf and entertainment leader. Callaway's strong financial profile will enable the combined company to accelerate innovation, develop exciting new products and experiences, and create compelling value for shareholders, while providing the dedicated teams of both companies more opportunities to showcase their talents and complementary capabilities."

"Together, Callaway and Topgolf create an unrivaled golf and entertainment business," said Chip Brewer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Callaway. "This combination unites proven leaders with a shared passion for delivering exceptional golf experiences for all – from elite touring professionals to new and aspiring entrants to the game. We've long seen the value in Topgolf and we are confident that together, we can create a larger, higher growth, technology-enabled global golf and entertainment leader. Callaway's strong financial profile will enable the combined company to accelerate innovation, develop exciting new products and experiences, and create compelling value for shareholders, while providing the dedicated teams of both companies more opportunities to showcase their talents and complementary capabilities."

Think there's another thread on this but definitely interesting! Can't wait to see what Callaway does with that franchise and how aggressively they expand it. There's some intriguing things they could do with the data alone

Somehow I feel this is a shot at me.

It feels like a good move on their part, I assume it allows them to market callaway stuff a bit more at top golf

Back