Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I’m amazed at your 180 rounds.

That was a rough estimate. It is actually 178 with these clubs with more yet to come before the one year anniversary of #TheGrandaddy.

Order a set of Apex 19 Satin Chrome with Black Elevates 5-AW today.
Really Stoked.
Too back it's the end of the season however I have the winter to work with them.

Really Stoked.
Too back it's the end of the season however I have the winter to work with them.

Sounds exactly like someone else's set I know... ;) You won't regret it, bud!

Thinking I may add a 5 and maybe a 4 iron to the bag. Been playing golf for 3 months and these just seem so easy to hit.

Really Stoked.
Pretty sure you will be happy you did.

Sounds exactly like someone else's set I know... ;) You won't regret it, bud!
I blame you for this purchase! If I hadn't hit the two best Iron shots of the year with them.....
TBH - As soon as the fitter a Club Champion gave me that set up and saw me hit a couple - It was over......
Even tried other shafts - the Elevates were just the right ones....

Really Stoked.

Can’t go wrong with these irons. They look and feel awesome.

Well.....my craziness caught up with me and I sold my Apex Pros.

I'm guessing I may regret it, but I enjoy trying out new gear and I'm excited to see what is coming for 2020.

My reaction when you get the "Shipped" email:

The apex pros are the most likely set of irons to make their way into my bag. I’ve hit them a few times and preferred the feel over the other current Callaway offerings.

But again, that’s solely based on current offerings;)

Because I'm an internet golfer, I decided to take Callaway up on their ridiculous preowned sale and pick up a set of Combo irons. Couldn't say no for 4-AW for less than $700.

I've really, really liked the Apex and if I were a betting man I'd say I'll probably go back to playing the full set of those, but I think as I've recovered from some injuries the Elevate 95s aren't working for me. These came with the Elevate Tours in R, and that little bit of extra weight felt a whole lot more natural to me when I went outside and hit some pitches with these. I'm looking forward to putting them through their paces.

Because I'm an internet golfer, I decided to take Callaway up on their ridiculous preowned sale and pick up a set of Combo irons. Couldn't say no for 4-AW for less than $700.

I've really, really liked the Apex and if I were a betting man I'd say I'll probably go back to playing the full set of those, but I think as I've recovered from some injuries the Elevate 95s aren't working for me. These came with the Elevate Tours in R, and that little bit of extra weight felt a whole lot more natural to me when I went outside and hit some pitches with these. I'm looking forward to putting them through their paces.
I fully endorse this move.

I’m amazed at your 180 rounds.
180 is nuts! It takes me like 3 and a half years to play that much lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My reaction when you get the "Shipped" email:

My delivery date changed from Monday to tomorrow when I checked it earlier and I had the same reaction!

Might get a round in with them Saturday. Looks like it'll be the last good weather day of the active season here.

This is going to be fun to watch!

I played 9 yesterday. I characterized my iron play as sucking sweaty donkey d***s. It was all me, of course. But one thing I came away with regarding the irons is how forgiving they are on the hands when we miss low. I don't just mean regular low, but like when you barely catch the first groove. I could obviously feel a difference but it was about as pleasant into the hands as these types of shots can possibly be. And flushed shots...well they feel magical.

I played 9 yesterday. I characterized my iron play as sucking sweaty donkey d***s. It was all me, of course. But one thing I came away with regarding the irons is how forgiving they are on the hands when we miss low. I don't just mean regular low, but like when you barely catch the first groove. I could obviously feel a difference but it was about as pleasant into the hands as these types of shots can possibly be. And flushed shots...well they feel magical.

As someone else who's ball striking could probably be described the same way lately, the performance on mishits with these, especially low and toe-side is absolutely incredible. Feel, especially in the long irons is such an improvement over the CF16. The microspheres do their job.

Today is my lucky day. I ordered my Apex CF19's on Halloween and was told they'd be ready for pickup around 11/14 or so. Dropped by this afternoon on an unrelated matter and asked for an update on my order out of curiosity - turns out they had just got them in, right in time for my round tomorrow morning. Hit a few shots with them on the indoor sim there and was just puring them so much more than my old pings.

Can't wait to take them out on the course!! I'll be sure to report with results tomorrow. So psyched.

Feel, especially in the long irons is such an improvement over the CF16. The microspheres do their job.

Statements like these get me excited. Mine arrived about an hour ago. If the wife goes to bed soon, and I have enough energy, I can have them re-shafted for my round in the morning! Anyone need some Nippon Modus3 Tour 105X shafts? +1/2" midsize grips

Edit: Son of a .. ! Don't have enough matching ferrules! Now the question becomes to play the irons that got me here tomorrow (last round of the last revision of the season here), or the new ones with spinnier shafts in strong winds.. ??

Last edited:
played a quickish 9 at the local muni after a lesson. these standard forged are such a joy to hit. great feedback on mishits, but still impressively maintained dispersion and distance.

I was previously considering a combo set. I’m done. These standard Apex irons give me EVERYTHING I need and more. Even in the cooler temps, I’m getting long carries. I would’ve normally had to club up a lot but I had a 187yds to the pin off a down hill lie and I hit a slight draw that landed on the fringe and made it to the green. I don’t even understand that in these temps. I love everything about these heads. These irons are in the bag until the next iteration has a chance to knock them out.

Now the question becomes to play the irons that got me here tomorrow (last round of the last revision of the season here), or the new ones with spinnier shafts in strong winds.. ??

If it was last round of the year and was me, I’d play the new shiny irons. With our 5+ month long winter, I’d regret not playing them at least once. Have fun...I am hoping in 2020 to pick up a good used combo set.

It was nice seeing improvement with the Pros at the end of the season. I'm still blown away by the feel. The only bad thing is that I finally started getting on to a groove and now my season is over :mad:.

played a quickish 9 at the local muni after a lesson. these standard forged are such a joy to hit. great feedback on mishits, but still impressively maintained dispersion and distance.
I really did not notice much of a difference when I moved from the OG Apex irons to the CF16s. However, there is a huge difference, IMHO, in these Apex '19s compared to previous versions! You hit it on the head when you said "dispersion and distance", and what is incredible about these irons is the consistency in both!

Back