Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

It was nice seeing improvement with the Pros at the end of the season. I'm still blown away by the feel. The only bad thing is that I finally started getting on to a groove and now my season is over :mad:.

move to orlando. i’ll sell you my house. give you good price.

I was previously considering a combo set. I’m done. These standard Apex irons give me EVERYTHING I need and more. Even in the cooler temps, I’m getting long carries. I would’ve normally had to club up a lot but I had a 187yds to the pin off a down hill lie and I hit a slight draw that landed on the fringe and made it to the green. I don’t even understand that in these temps. I love everything about these heads. These irons are in the bag until the next iteration has a chance to knock them out.

I'm both very excited to give the combos a go and also would be 1000% happy just playing the standard. There's nothing they don't do well.

It was nice seeing improvement with the Pros at the end of the season. I'm still blown away by the feel. The only bad thing is that I finally started getting on to a groove and now my season is over :mad:.

Move to the south bro.

Reactions: KEV
If it was last round of the year and was me, I’d play the new shiny irons. With our 5+ month long winter, I’d regret not playing them at least once. Have fun...I am hoping in 2020 to pick up a good used combo set.

I played the new combo today with the shafts I don't like. It was fun, but challenging. The feel of the 19's was familiar, and they seem really forgiving. The pros are going to take me a minute to adjust to. Those Nippon's on them is basically my worst nightmare as a high trajectory high spin swing guy. Ballooning flights into the wind, and even when I flighted them down some I was backing up an 8-iron like it was a 56*. Just not a good fit for the scoring clubs setup and my swing. I dug (*) the smaller soles compared to my CF16s. Really excited to get the ferrules here and swap out those kite flyers for some low trajectory low spin KBS's.

One thing that was interesting was that the 19's felt real similar on contact, and great, but the pros felt ridiculous when stuck pure. Like swinging through cotton candy. I didn't really remember that from the one time I'd hit them previously.

Got my first two rounds in with the new Apex’s. They’re worth every penny. The shots just feel so good and solid, they’re truly confidence-inspiring. I’m honestly just waiting to get off the tee to hit them again, which I’ve never been able to say before.

When I first got them, I was a little concerned about whether the long irons would hold the green, but I was surprised to see that they came in high enough that they stopped nicely.

I’ve gained one club length from them and also increased my consistency of strike. Looking forward to playing again.

Had a bunch of opportunities to use these today and wow are these rocket launchers. Flew the first couple of greens.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The first trip out with the combo set was about as promising as it could be. Playing a scramble, so had a lot of shots into the green with 8i-PW. Had a bunch of approaches within 10 feet, and pretty much right on my line. Might have been the best iron striking day, from the standpoint of proximity to the pin, that I've had all year.

The long irons were also great too, but I already knew that. Felt like the little bit of additional weight kept me in tempo all day.

Browsing through CPO and just wondering what’s the flex difference between Regular and 5.5 flex.
9f5492a3dfc5e2d52ddafa744aadfa09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Browsing through CPO and just wondering what’s the flex difference between Regular and 5.5 flex.
9f5492a3dfc5e2d52ddafa744aadfa09.jpg

I have the 5.5 Flex's. My fitter said it's a flex between regular (5.0) and stiff (6.0), for those that are right on the middle of that range. It worked out for me perfectly as I've always thought I never had high enough SS for a stiff but I also wasn't sure whether regular was a good fit either.

I played the new combo today with the shafts I don't like. It was fun, but challenging. The feel of the 19's was familiar, and they seem really forgiving. The pros are going to take me a minute to adjust to. Those Nippon's on them is basically my worst nightmare as a high trajectory high spin swing guy. Ballooning flights into the wind, and even when I flighted them down some I was backing up an 8-iron like it was a 56*. Just not a good fit for the scoring clubs setup and my swing. I dug (*) the smaller soles compared to my CF16s. Really excited to get the ferrules here and swap out those kite flyers for some low trajectory low spin KBS's.

One thing that was interesting was that the 19's felt real similar on contact, and great, but the pros felt ridiculous when stuck pure. Like swinging through cotton candy. I didn't really remember that from the one time I'd hit them previously.
Yeah it's insane how good the Pros feel. As a short hitter I ended up getting the regular Apex's for the added distance & forgiveness but man it took all I had not to get the Pros. They just felt like hitting butter, especially in the middle of the face.

I ended up picking up the 4i to complete my 5i-AW set of Apex's. I was at hesitant at first considering how difficult 4i are to hit, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was just as easy as the 5i. With that, I'm fairly happy now with the distance gaps.

Callaway’s pre-owned 30% off coupon got me. Ended up ordering a like ‘new’ 4-aw combo set with tour elevate shafts. It was kind of spur of the moment but I have hit both the regular apex & pro so @ least I know I will like them

Without having time to go back and read over 178 pages, has anyone switched from Callaway Rogue to Callaway Apex 19.....your thoughts...best move ever....regret doing it... can't or hard to adjust to smaller club head size...etc etc
I'm considering switching from the Rogues to the Apex 19 and would like anyone's input that has done so.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Callaway’s pre-owned 30% off coupon got me. Ended up ordering a like ‘new’ 4-aw combo set with tour elevate shafts. It was kind of spur of the moment but I have hit both the regular apex & pro so @ least I know I will like them
That 30% coupon had me at hello. No resistance at all

Reactions: MH

If I wasn't headed to the Grandaddy, I'd have emptied my bank account, haha. So much goodness in the 2019 lineup, and these irons may take the cake.

Without having time to go back and read over 178 pages, has anyone switched from Callaway Rogue to Callaway Apex 19.....your thoughts...best move ever....regret doing it... can't or hard to adjust to smaller club head size...etc etc
I'm considering switching from the Rogues to the Apex 19 and would like anyone's input that has done so.

I did and so happy that I did.

Demod the apex 4 or 5 times indoors and really didn't see what all the fuss was about. The dispersion was a little better than my rogues but nothing that made me have to rush out and get them.

Then the damn hooks showed up with the rogues again and in a moment of frustration I bought a set of regular apex.

Played a round and they felt good but still nothing that blew my mind.

Fast forward 4 rounds now and as I've adjusted to the differences man do the apex perform. Haven't hit a hook in 5 rounds, they seem to have less offset than the rogues and look better at address. The dispersion is damn near point and shoot. I'm also a minimum of 1 club longer across the set.

Yesterday on the second hole, par 3 playing 151. This hole kills me as its into the wind, bunker left and short, and OB right with a tiny green. Anything long is in shin high rough. Playing with my usual group, me and one guy normally hit the same iron yardages. It's not as windy and I know I'm hitting the apex a full club longer so I pull 8, he pulls seven like always. He laughs and says have fun in the short bunker. I flush the 8 to ten feet and laugh back. With a wide eyed look he says no way! I hand him the apex 8 iron and he knocks it dead center of the green.

These things are so easy to hit and feel so damn awesome. I'm not a terrible iron player but I struggle enough to second guess myself sometimes when hitting irons. These have made me want to hit irons and look forward to having an iron in my hand.

As a note I'm a 9 HC and struggle with low contact on irons. Also the shaft was key for me, the ones I'm demoed were either the stock steel or graphite shafts. Getting my preferred Recoils in them really made them come to life for me.

It only took me a round or two to get used to the slightly smaller head. Honestly it's not that noticeable to me other than the thinner top line.

Got my new Apex irons last week and back to CC to gap them. The lies were perfect but 6 of the 7 irons were 1° weak on the lofts. Hybrid is a 2019 BB is just picked up. 3FA4ABF1-344E-4075-A8A3-A6A6022C448E.jpeg

Because I'm an internet golfer, I decided to take Callaway up on their ridiculous preowned sale and pick up a set of Combo irons. Couldn't say no for 4-AW for less than $700.

I've really, really liked the Apex and if I were a betting man I'd say I'll probably go back to playing the full set of those, but I think as I've recovered from some injuries the Elevate 95s aren't working for me. These came with the Elevate Tours in R, and that little bit of extra weight felt a whole lot more natural to me when I went outside and hit some pitches with these. I'm looking forward to putting them through their paces.
I also capitalized on the CPO Pre Black Friday sale and ordered a standard Apex 4-iron. They had one on there that was the same shafts I was fit into for $112 with the discount and shipped to my door in like new condition! After hearing about your experiences with the 4-iron in our group, I thought I would give it a try for sure, especially since it's something I have been pondering for a hot minute and how much I love these irons. Next purchase will probably be a Strokelab Ten once it hits the site!

I demo’d the Rogues several times. I was fitted into the CF19s and currently game them. IMO the 19s are light years better, or at least I like them light years more. To me the Rogues are good solid GI irons. Not a thing wrong with them but they are....utilitarian. The CF 19s are special.

I also capitalized on the CPO Pre Black Friday sale and ordered a standard Apex 4-iron. They had one on there that was the same shafts I was fit into for $112 with the discount and shipped to my door in like new condition! After hearing about your experiences with the 4-iron in our group, I thought I would give it a try for sure, especially since it's something I have been pondering for a hot minute and how much I love these irons. Next purchase will probably be a Strokelab Ten once it hits the site!
Nice! Great to hear you got it at CPO. They didn't have the one that matched my other iron's specs, so I had to buy full price unfortunately.

Does adding the 4 iron now mean you're going to have to swap out one club to give you 14? If so, would you take out the 4h? or something else?

Back