Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

I got my Apex Pro's on trackman yesterday to learn my gaps. My Jaws 54* carries 110 and the 50* Apex pro AW carries 125. I can make that gap work but I was surprised how long these irons are even though they are not considered distance irons. PW carries 135 with each subsequent iron around a perfect 10 yard gap. The Apex Pro's combined with the Nippon shafts feel so good its a joy to hit them flush. It was good to hit them for a while on the simulator so I can trust my distances when on the course. The 2020 Mavrik stuff is all the rage right now and rightly so but I am thrilled with the Apex Pro's so far.

While ive been waiting on the Mavrik Pros from the grandaddy to arrive, Ive been happily gaming a set of the apex pros and I absolutely love these things. They also didnt have the shaft I was fit for (KBS $Taper 120) so they threw some KBS TourV 110g which is a great profile but I think its just a tad bit too light for my swing and how I swing out of my shoes :LOL:. I would never get rid of these irons so Im planning to throw some old KBS Tour 130g shafts in them while I wait for the Mav Pros and then play both sets of irons throughout the 2020 season.....ya know, cause why not?!

Ive noticed a few things from the lighter shaft: easier to turn over the club, generates more spin, requires less aggressive tempo. Im not losing a ton of distance with the increase in spin but I think I am about a club shorter with the lighter shafts. However a good swing with good tempo can usually generate distance close to my old irons/shafts (Z765s with 130g shafts).

My favorite part of these Apex Pros is the feeling when the ball hits the face. Its not hard or clicky but generates a soft, muted feel that makes you feel like you hit it right on the screws. Its hard to not love that feel. Combine that with a mid-size head and thin topline and these are irons that I can play forever.

Put my combos back in the bag yesterday since the Tec's are currently disassembled as I need to order new grips.

Man, these are still probably the best feeling irons (pro's) that I have ever hit.

Put my combos back in the bag yesterday since the Tec's are currently disassembled as I need to order new grips.

Man, these are still probably the best feeling irons (pro's) that I have ever hit.

I agree. Even though I've never put a set in the bag (well, at least not yet...) the Apex Pro continues to haunt my dreams. The feel was so freaking good. I love the feel of my Mav Pros, but as I said in my initial writeup the Apex Pro just feel like perfection.

I'd love to do a shootout among the best feeling irons in that category. Srixon 765, Apex Pro 19, PING i210, I wonder who else should be considered.

I agree. Even though I've never put a set in the bag (well, at least not yet...) the Apex Pro continues to haunt my dreams. The feel was so freaking good. I love the feel of my Mav Pros, but as I said in my initial writeup the Apex Pro just feel like perfection.

I'd love to do a shootout among the best feeling irons in that category. Srixon 765, Apex Pro 19, PING i210, I wonder who else should be considered.

Mizuno MMC

While ive been waiting on the Mavrik Pros from the grandaddy to arrive, Ive been happily gaming a set of the apex pros and I absolutely love these things. They also didnt have the shaft I was fit for (KBS $Taper 120) so they threw some KBS TourV 110g which is a great profile but I think its just a tad bit too light for my swing and how I swing out of my shoes :LOL:. I would never get rid of these irons so Im planning to throw some old KBS Tour 130g shafts in them while I wait for the Mav Pros and then play both sets of irons throughout the 2020 season.....ya know, cause why not?!

Ive noticed a few things from the lighter shaft: easier to turn over the club, generates more spin, requires less aggressive tempo. Im not losing a ton of distance with the increase in spin but I think I am about a club shorter with the lighter shafts. However a good swing with good tempo can usually generate distance close to my old irons/shafts (Z765s with 130g shafts).

My favorite part of these Apex Pros is the feeling when the ball hits the face. Its not hard or clicky but generates a soft, muted feel that makes you feel like you hit it right on the screws. Its hard to not love that feel. Combine that with a mid-size head and thin topline and these are irons that I can play forever.

they truly feel so so so good. Almost like you haven’t hit the ball at all when flushed.

I hit the T100 the other day for s***s and giggles as I liked 718 AP2 and they did not hold a candle to the apex pro. Seriously, just such an incredible iron, love my combo set to death.

they truly feel so so so good. Almost like you haven’t hit the ball at all when flushed.

I hit the T100 the other day for s***s and giggles as I liked 718 AP2 and they did not hold a candle to the apex pro. Seriously, just such an incredible iron, love my combo set to death.
My 765s were old tech sure, but comparing the 2 is just unfair. While the Srixons are certainly a larger footprint, the Pros feel even on mishits is incredible.

I LOVE my Apex Pro 19s. I had preordered the Mav Pros, wanting a bit more distance, but once I hit them I knew right away I needed to cancel the order. The feel was just not anywhere near what my Apex is (I know they were not designed to replace the Apex line). Truth is, all I really need to do is keep my 5 iron in the bag and club up. I am glad I decided to keep them. Made it possible for me to order a TM Sim Max! :LOL:

PS - and maybe I can order a Callaway Mavrik Max fairway wood too!

Such a good backup set ?
Honestly, I know I was fit for the Mav Pros but I plan to play both and whichever performs better wont get traded-in in January 2021 for the new Callaway XYZ irons :LOL:

Pondering a combo set 5-A. I think it is finally time to hit these and see.
Good call. I started with 6-A. Then added the SW and a 5. I’ve really grown fond of the SW for full sing fairway use.

I'm just posting to say that the Apex 19 pro is still one of my favorite irons sets and a top candidate if I get new irons. I also hit the Apex MB 7i recently and was shocked at how much I liked that club. Playing day to day, I think the 19 pro would be a better fit but do ponder what mixing in some MB would be like. One of the most solid and balanced irons available, IMHO.

I'll be real, I'm not sure I shouldn't just game these over the Tec's.

I still think the 2014 Pros felt better. Its too bad the finish had such horrible issues on those, as I'd have probably picked up a set for nostalgia. The 19s are way better than the 16 Pros, though.

Good call. I started with 6-A. Then added the SW and a 5. I’ve really grown fond of the SW for full sing fairway use.

There isn’t a SW in the combo set. I wasn’t aware there was in the standard set but looked it up and there is.

I did demo a 7 iron. Was seeing ~5500 rpm spin which is a lot higher than I got with the CF16s when I gamed those so that is promising.

I have now been playing the Apex '19s well over a year and they perform so well that I have no desire to get out there and swing anything else. The feel, the forgiveness, the distance are all just so appealing to me. I was going to keep a set of CF16s as a backup set for when I travel but I can't see playing anywhere without the'19s. I just have to figure out what, if anything, to trade them for. :)

There isn’t a SW in the combo set. I wasn’t aware there was in the standard set but looked it up and there is.

I did demo a 7 iron. Was seeing ~5500 rpm spin which is a lot higher than I got with the CF16s when I gamed those so that is promising.
I ordered it separately off CPO. Didn’t like it at first but I got comfortable with it and now it’s a confidence club.

I'll be real, I'm not sure I shouldn't just game these over the Tec's.
You raved about them, IIRC said they were the best overall iron you've played... The Tec's must be really good if it is even a battle.

I have now been playing the Apex '19s well over a year and they perform so well that I have no desire to get out there and swing anything else. The feel, the forgiveness, the distance are all just so appealing to me. I was going to keep a set of CF16s as a backup set for when I travel but I can't see playing anywhere without the'19s. I just have to figure out what, if anything, to trade them for. :)
I'm generally in the same boat. They are so good I just can't see moving to anything else.

I ordered a 4i off CPO. The way my 5i was firing last round this should be fun.

I'm generally in the same boat. They are so good I just can't see moving to anything else.
Only one way I’d give up my Apex and that’s if I got fit into something else at the Grand Daddy.

You raved about them, IIRC said they were the best overall iron you've played... The Tec's must be really good if it is even a battle.
They are really good. There is no doubt about that.

Different categories of irons.

I ordered a 4i off CPO. The way my 5i was firing last round this should be fun.
That’s why I ordered my 5 I. I was loving the 6 and just crushing it. Told myself if I get there with the 5i I’d order a 4i.

That’s why I ordered my 5 I. I was loving the 6 and just crushing it. Told myself if I get there with the 5i I’d order a 4i.
I have the 4 and it was a rocket launcher when I played my first and only round with the irons. I might even add a 3 iron. These clubs are awesome.

I have the 4 and it was a rocket launcher when I played my first and only round with the irons. I might even add a 3 iron. These clubs are awesome.
I’d love to add the 4i next. The Apex are just awesome and I can hit irons I didn’t think I could.

Back