Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Put these back in the bag for my round today and had my lowest round of the year. Forgot how much I enjoy them. Think they are going back in the bag for at least a few more rounds.

Flushing these irons is just so satisfying. I actually missed a couple greens yesterday with good strikes that still had me smiling all the way to the green. On one hole, for example, I was laying 175 to a back pin. I drew most irons on the day, so I aimed to the right side of the green. Due to the shape of the green, I flew over the right side but ended up pin high a few feet off in the rough. Just a high, penetrating flight that was dead straight. My Pro 9i and PW are starting to feel automatic too; yardages are very predictable.

I thought about going combo when I got fitted for my irons and the fitter talked me out of it. I only have a couple of rounds on my new irons but I so far I don’t see the need for the combo set.

The changes they made to the 19 coming from the 16s made the short irons SO much better looking. Even if you prefer a smaller blade, the Apex 19 are great.

I really like my combo set but there are days but there is a noticeable difference in forgiveness between the standard and pros In the set.

I've been playing alot of golf lately (4 rounds per week) and these CF19 forged irons are the best I've ever played. I had a full 5 iron into 18 yesterday which is the #1 hole where I play, knocked it right over the flag from 185 yards and made birdie. They feel so good, plenty forgiving, and the AW is the balls.

I need to get my lofts & lies checked but see no reason to shop for other irons outside of maybe adding 8-AW pro combos.

Played with my new CF19's for the first time today. TRULY forgiving is the main theme today for me. Like others have mentioned, the AW and PW are weapons along with the 4 iron. I have not played a 4 iron in about 10 years. It will remain in the bag for my 215-220 shots now. I am very pleased with this change from the CF16's. I cannot tell a whole ton of difference in the overall feel but I do believe they are more forgiving without looking like a "shovel".

Recommend? Yes
(y)

Last edited:
My swing is improving, but these clubs are really helping. Had several strikes today that were a little fat, but the results were fine, as these clubs just knifed through the turf and sent the ball.

I hit a perfect 6I to a par 3 and had it one hop stop.

Swing change continues and as I improve so do these irons. I’m finding center more consistently and getting better distances. I don’t need rocket launchers for irons, but my 5-7 irons need to hit certain distances. I’m hitting them and then some. Longer par 3’s no longer scare me and while I’m still a little offline, I’m hitting a number more often than not.

Sooooo, after much work in the "bay" (garage) last night and truly comparing the cf16's to my newly purchased cf19's, I have decided to return the 19's (4-AW) and continue my year with the 16's. I could not find enough reasons nor differences in the 2 sets to spend the $$ for the 19's (they are expensive of course). It could be that I am more used to the 16's since I have been playing them for a while I suppose. I am however thinking of purchasing the 4 and 5 individual irons in the cf19's but I am not sure yet.

If I could truly tell a big difference in the 2 sets and the 19's truly surpassed the 16's it would have made sense for me to make the change. For me though, there wasn't enough differences overall. JMO

I still recommend the new cf19's though. They are an excellent and forgiving set!

The Combo Set is hands down the best set of irons I've ever put in my bag.

My Pro 9i is by far my most consistent iron--high baby draws that land soft. And I use the PW/AW in a variety of ways, with much success. So happy with this purchase.

So my wife wanted to play this morning. After we just played yesterday. Caught me by surprise, but I figured why not and hopped out of bed. And I figured that as long as we're going again I might as well play my favorite irons I haven't played much this year (Apex combo), and get after it a little this time.

It's a 6200 yd course, but I shot -12 with 8 birdies and 2 eagles.

These irons are still a little bit okay.

Last edited:
The Combo Set is hands down the best set of irons I've ever put in my bag.

My Pro 9i is by far my most consistent iron--high baby draws that land soft. And I use the PW/AW in a variety of ways, with much success. So happy with this purchase.
@Iceman! heads to CPO website to look a Pro Apex irons.

Can’t say enough about the irons. While not as long as my previous set, I am more than happy with the sound, feel, and consistency of these irons.

I struck the ball very well besides a poor wedge from the middle of the fairway Hitting it fat into a bunker and on a Par 3 a little quick leading to a one handed finish but still landing about 5 yards short of the green, a good miss.

Shot of the day was a Par 3 playing 167 with a strong left to right wind. 6iron. The swing felt so normal and fluid And the ball sky rocketed left of the green and the wind took it towards the flag landing 15 feet short with a birdie look. It just felt great.

No tinkering or pondering until CF22 or 23 come out haha.

Had a great round with the Apex Pro's today. I hit every iron in the bag with several good shots and good looks at birdie. The longer irons are solid and forgiving and the wedges and scoring irons are point and shoot. Its like driving a SUV that looks like a Corvette.

So my wife wanted to play this morning. After we just played yesterday. Caught me by surprise, but I figured why not and hopped out of bed. And I figured that as long as we're going again I might as well play my favorite irons I haven't played much this year (Apex combo), and get after it a little this time.

I'm afraid to ask what you're main set is if -12 on a backup set doesn't work. Lol. Nice round!

I'm afraid to ask what you're main set is if -12 on a backup set doesn't work. Lol. Nice round!
Oh no, no. Don't misunderstand. My game changed with Apex irons. They are my favorites, my go-tos, all that. I got a set of forged tec to start the year and played with them (to great success mostly), for a while. I wanted to play the Apex when I got going really good this year, but was separated from them due to moving during a pandemic. It's been a lovely reunion.

Is it really club twirl if no one is around to see it? Asking because, thanks to these irons, I had a few unintentional club twirls in my solo round Sunday. It's just so satisfying to pure my Pro scoring irons, and even more satisfying to laser a number, tell yourself that's a 9i (for example), flush your 9i, and find it land pin high and rollout a couple feet at most.

On a long par 5, I hit my dreaded low pull. While it stayed in the fairway, I got maybe 210 out of it. After hitting a great 5H another 210 or so, I had 125 left to the pin. Landed my AW pin high, 20 feet right, and rolled a foot. Missed the birdie, but did NOT expect a tap in par after a lousy drive on a long par 5.

Say what?!?!? That is incredible!

Put these back in the bag for my round today and had my lowest round of the year. Forgot how much I enjoy them. Think they are going back in the bag for at least a few more rounds.
Why’d you ever take them out?

I played 9 at an exec course with my son yesterday. I hit a ton of great for me shots with these irons. I absolutely love the C19s. As another person said, flushing a shot with these irons is just so awesome feeling. Plus the looks and forgiveness. Just a winning package.

Say what?!?!? That is incredible!
The course seems to be a particularly good fit for me, but it was one to remember. Played through a storm at the end and missed birdies of 8' & 10' on the last two to blow a chance at a 50s score. Still worth a wet and pissed off wife and dog though!! Love those irons.

Oh no, no. Don't misunderstand. My game changed with Apex irons. They are my favorites, my go-tos, all that. I got a set of forged tec to start the year and played with them (to great success mostly), for a while. I wanted to play the Apex when I got going really good this year, but was separated from them due to moving during a pandemic. It's been a lovely reunion.
How would you compare the Apex 19 to the Forged Tec? Forgiveness primarily...

How would you compare the Apex 19 to the Forged Tec? Forgiveness primarily...
Oof, that's so tough. They're so different to me. And I might not be the best person to ask. I don't know that I've hit a better iron than Apex on a low/thin miss. Flight changes and it feels like hell, but you're in great position still. UHX would be close. I'd probably give the toe to forged tec. Especially in the long irons. High and high toe back to Apex in the short. Heel I'd say even or forged tec. Yeah, forged tec. They're both great, but just look miles different at address and have different flights. Apex looks much more player-ish and flies higher, forged tec longer heel to toe and bigger with what looks like more offset. Which imo can have an effect on people's confidence and end results, and ultimately be more or less forgiving because of that.

How would you compare and contrast them to the Forged Tecs?

Back