Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

One thing is for certain: The 52* CBX2 and the 56* CBX FF are out. They'll be hitting the marketplace in short order (heads up, lefties). The bag battle, now, is between the Apex AW and the CBX 50. The loser will also be making an appearance on the marketplace.

Still love these irons so much!:p
[/QUOTE]
I have the pro combo and like you love the irons. Ive had my ups and downs around the greens not only with this AW but pretty much any AW. I have stuck with it and really focused on a good swing, good contact and smooth follow through. I have eliminated the bad thought of long or short or worse and just focused on good contact and follow through.I am now better around the green with this than ever so give it a shot. For green side in thicker grass i go with the 58 degree PM grind instead of the AW. Other than that AW all the way.

17 greens today with the combo in play. The PW that I used on #6 obviously has a curse of some kind, or is just pissed I never clean it, but otherwise these clubs are pretty good.

I think I'm going to look up the number of rounds I've ever had with 16 or more greens. I bet all but a couple are with Apex.

17 greens today with the combo in play. The PW that I used on #6 obviously has a curse of some kind, or is just pissed I never clean it, but otherwise these clubs are pretty good.

I think I'm going to look up the number of rounds I've ever had with 16 or more greens. I bet all but a couple are with Apex.

New irons are clearly needed. :rolleyes:

@ApexFan Those shafts are going to make quite the combo with the current Apex 19s!

New irons are clearly needed. :rolleyes:
I swear I play others just out of boredom, curiosity, and stupidity. Every single time I put these back in my bag I go on an even better run than whatever I was on. They're so ridiculously good.

Okay we might not be able to be friends anymore. ;)

I've had these irons in the bag for almost two years. While they've had a recent shaft change, they continue to perform and they are performing better for me than when I got them. A lot of them has to do with a much needed swing upgrade, but I'm impressed with how well they performed under the weight a horrible swing. I am still seeing consistent distances and spin into greens. the 5i may be one one of my favorite clubs in the bag. I've been tempted by new and shiny a few times this year, but after getting out and playing on the rare occasions that I can, there's nothing I need. Anything else is sheer curiosity and club ho-ing. Not a bad thing, but probably not going to see improvements over my current setup. I'm good!...for now. lol

Okay we might not be able to be friends anymore. ;)
Haha So I actually checked. I have 13 rounds with 16+ greens this year, and at least 8, maybe 9 are with Apex, and various forms/combos of Apex account for less than 1/3 of total rounds played.

I mean.. :oops::oops:

Haha So I actually checked. I have 13 rounds with 16+ greens this year, and at least 8, maybe 9 are with Apex, and various forms/combos of Apex account for less than 1/3 of total rounds played.

I mean.. :oops::oops:
Clean them and you could be sitting on 18/18 GIR :p

I got a killer deal on some i210 and am giving my 19 pro a rest while I test these out. I have never had a set of pings and grew up with the dream to have them but have not for one reason or another, until now. First think I noticed was sound, the pings sound so awful compared to the pros. I only have two rounds with the pings but I am not sure how long they will stick around. I do know I get less spin with the pings but I do hit moon balls with the elevate shafts and can stop a 200 yard 5 iron right next to its pitch mark. Adjusting to the more (normal?) roll out has been something i have had to adapt to. That and the lower flight.

With little to no inventory due to shipping delays, and the influx of people purchasing new clubs I think many company’s are dealing with this. Mizuno ran out of some models 3 months prior to their new release. It’s crazy time. Golf Galaxy near me has many many empty club racks in the store. At least you have the original until than. ;)
Yeah me too it’s been a while since I’ve been in a store and two of the Golf Galaxys in Iowa Are empty it’s like they’re going out of business crazy. Just dumping equipment ready for the new stuff coming in I guess. Love my Apex still will be a hard replacement but I’ve heard rumors of some fantastic stuff fingers 🤞. Still have my Apex Pros sitting in the basement also.

I go CF19 AW (*48) then a 52/58. Wedge game so much simpler now. Bonus points you only have to replace 2 wedges when you get the inevitable itch for something new and shiny.

I go CF19 AW (*48) then a 52/58. Wedge game so much simpler now. Bonus points you only have to replace 2 wedges when you get the inevitable itch for something new and shiny.

I'm going 52-56 for the same reason. It's been OK, but I might get a LW for certain courses where I might run into different conditions and need both a low and high bounce wedge.

Been playing a lot of courses where an iron off the tee needs to be taken a few times - and I absolutely love the 4i for that.

I have an Apex SW in my set. It’s phenomenal for me on full swing shots. Anything inside of that full swing I go to a 56 degree MD, and 60 inside of 20 yards. The 56 is just so good for the partial swings and easy.

Just realized the Apex Pro smoke irons are no longer on the website. That sucks. 😞

How do you improve upon perfection? My Apex Pro's are safely in the bag for 2021 no matter what they release.

Such a solid day yesterday for me and the Apex combos. 3 of 4 par 3s hit, and smoked them off the tee. Distance control was great and the turf interaction is great, even in the longer irons with a slightly wider sole. I am feeling really confident with these irons in the bag!

How do you improve upon perfection? My Apex Pro's are safely in the bag for 2021 no matter what they release.

It’s been almost two years since the standard irons made their way into my bag. While they’ve had a recent shaft change they are performing better for me now than when I got them. Much of that has to do with me making long needed corrections to my dumpster fire swing but my goodness are they phenomenal. Now I want to make my way into a set of pros. Badly! Smoke would’ve been nice.

It’s been almost two years since the standard irons made their way into my bag. While they’ve had a recent shaft change they are performing better for me now than when I got them. Much of that has to do with me making long needed corrections to my dumpster fire swing but my goodness are they phenomenal. Now I want to make my way into a set of pros. Badly! Smoke would’ve been nice.

That's why I went Smoke combo set. best of both worlds imo.

That's why I went Smoke combo set. best of both worlds imo.
Do you notice a signicant feel difference when you transition between the two models in the set?

Great round for me with the Pro 19s on the weekend. Its not often I brag about my iron play, but I was flushing it for once. 5i off the tee was giving me nice tight draws to middle fairway, and the mid irons were dialed. Short irons were solid. Highlight was a dart 7i that was right off the button and never left the flag before landing soft 2 ft away.
Cosmetically my Pros are completely beat to crap lol, but they still keep rewarding good input with good results.

I'm going 52-56 for the same reason. It's been OK, but I might get a LW for certain courses where I might run into different conditions and need both a low and high bounce wedge.

Been playing a lot of courses where an iron off the tee needs to be taken a few times - and I absolutely love the 4i for that.

I go with the set AW, 52 and 58. I am toying with having the 52 bent to 53 just to make the gapping a bit better. This is the first time I have had the AW from a set (although it is the same loft as most sets PW) and I like it a lot.

Back