Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

haha i just couldn’t resist. we were close to going that direction at ecpc at the grandaddy, and i’ve wanted a set ever since. mav pros are still the gamers and still so fun. but i’m looking forward to having some other options to tinker with.

well unfortunately the set from cpo is trash. i’ll be sending them back. heads are beat to hell. nicks and dings everywhere. several faces scratched with significant wear in the grooves. grip material coming off in my hands. pretty disappointing. i waited on hold for awhile trying to get a return authorization and had to hang up. called back and the office was closed. will try again tomorrow.
That's not right, they are supposed to put a new grip on everything that leaves the place.

Anyone having issues with ferrules coming loose? Noticed my pitching wedge ferrule is coming loose. Not a huge deal and easy to fix, just wanted to throw it out there

Anyone having issues with ferrules coming loose? Noticed my pitching wedge ferrule is coming loose. Not a huge deal and easy to fix, just wanted to throw it out there
I have had that problem in the past with another OEM but my Callaway stuff has been perfect. I have heard that leaving them in a hot car and washing them with hot water can cause this problem but I do not know if its true.

That's not right, they are supposed to put a new grip on everything that leaves the place.

really? cuz these are NOT new. either way, cpo was awesome. no questions asked. processed the return immediately, sent me the authorization and now i'm just waiting on the shipping label. they really are the best to work with.

I have the CF 19 Forged and today I hit probably the best 5 iron in my life with it, hit the pin on the fly from 180 out uphill into the wind. Never left the flag. Smooth par, lol.

Anyone willing to measure their 7 iron for me? I measured mine from right at the top of the Ferrule to the end of the grip and it's 34 3/8". I'd like to know for sure if this club is 1/2" longer as I requested. I don't know of another way to measure that would be consistent. Thanks in advance!

Anyone willing to measure their 7 iron for me? I measured mine from right at the top of the Ferrule to the end of the grip and it's 34 3/8". I'd like to know for sure if this club is 1/2" longer as I requested. I don't know of another way to measure that would be consistent. Thanks in advance!
I have a bunch of CF19 7s, but none of them have original ferrules or are standard length, which I think is 37. From the bottom of the ferrule where it meets the head to the end of the grip, at 1/2" over standard, should measure just about 35 1/4" I think. Assuming a 1/2" to 3/4" stock ferrule (been a while on that too, and I don't have a Cally 19 build in tact to reference) it sounds a little bit short, but it could depend on the ferrule and grip and how it was measured.

Someone with a stock club please verify that if you can.

Last edited:
Mine is std. length and measures 33 7/8" from the top of the ferrule to the end of the grip. I think yours are exactly 1/2" longer than mine.

regulars were my gamer before the grandaddy. i really enjoyed them. i missed left a lot with those clubs for some reason but they were really awesome.

I struggle with missing left a bit with my Apexs also. I do think it is my swing but I do miss left with them more than I did my i200s. Totally different shafts though so it is hard to completely blame heads.

I struggle with missing left a bit with my Apexs also. I do think it is my swing but I do miss left with them more than I did my i200s. Totally different shafts though so it is hard to completely blame heads.

my previous setup was very similar, but had a slightly heavier shaft. i’m not sure that was the reason though. i did enjoy the irons, but arccos identified a higher % of left misses with the apex.

my previous setup was very similar, but had a slightly heavier shaft. i’m not sure that was the reason though. i did enjoy the irons, but arccos identified a higher % of left misses with the apex.

Heavier shafts will frequently keep the ball from going left. Particularly if they are stiffer also. I went from Steelfiber i95s to Nippon 950gh which is a big switch even though they are in the same weight range. The Steelfibers are stiffer even though both are stiff flex and definitely kept the ball from turning over. I was looking to pick up some height so the Nippons do what I was looking for. I do think the i200s have less offset than the Apex 19s though which might make a small difference.

I hate that I took my Pro heads apart to put together a new combo, and am waiting forever on shafts. Besides that I think the IO 6.5/Pro combo has a lot of potential, those heads are just perfect for tomorrow's calm and wet weather. Grr I just want to play Apex dammit!! I love those things in soft conditions.

Last edited:
Mine is std. length and measures 33 7/8" from the top of the ferrule to the end of the grip. I think yours are exactly 1/2" longer than mine.
Thanks for checking! I just wanted to be sure.

These irons are making their way up my list of all time favourite irons sets. Either I’ve stepped my game up or these irons are helping me out . No questions ask just keep performing

These irons are making their way up my list of all time favourite irons sets. Either I’ve stepped my game up or these irons are helping me out . No questions ask just keep performing
Based on my experience with the irons and what I know about my game I am pretty sure it is the irons :)

Based on my experience with the irons and what I know about my game I am pretty sure it is the irons :)
I can run with that. You seen my game Frank I’m not a good golfer. Need all the help I can get. Theses irons are my workhorses right now

Totally agreed. Got fitted for another set as I want to move to graphite, but these irons have really been fantastic for me. I'll be holding onto them for a while I think. Need to get them bent a little, but no plans to sell these short term.

Totally agreed. Got fitted for another set as I want to move to graphite, but these irons have really been fantastic for me. I'll be holding onto them for a while I think. Need to get them bent a little, but no plans to sell these short term.
Same here think if I get fitted and tweak the lofts and lie angle it could be that much better. Have yet to have a fitting so it could only improve my game

Mine (CF19 Forged) is stock length with original Tour Velvet grip and 7 iron measures 33 7/8" to top ferrule and 34 5/8 to bottom ferrule or top of hosel. Stock ferrule is 3/4". As others said, looks like you're good.

Smoke Pros are among the billion golf things I ponder every day

Smoke Pros are among the billion golf things I ponder every day
I feel this. I'm not sure I'll ever turn off that new listing alert.

This is correct, Callaway uses specific collared ferrules to make to allow the hosel on the non pros to fit .355 without shims as well. It’s all in the way the hosel is bored out. There are several sites that sell callaway collared iron ferrules.

I searched google for .355 shaft in CF19 and this post was at the top of the search results. I bought an Apex 4 iron from CPO last week with plans to put a taper tip Nippon Modus 120 in it that I had in the closet. After learning the hosel bore was different I started looking at shims and other shaft options but I am thankful that my shaft will work without issue. I was planning on using a BB&F ferrule on it but I had a Callaway collared ferrule on hand so it has been built and waiting on the epoxy to cure.

That 4 iron I tell you! 💥 hitting stingers on the range nice mid flight 210 carries . Used my last 20 balls and focused on hitting these shots. Such a weapon

Back