Callaway Apex 19 and Apex Pro 19 Irons

Are any current Apex Pro players getting a “little” excited about the new Pros being launched in early 2021. I am hearing some exciting news that some big improvements and from a looks perspective, irons look awesome! 2020 can’t end soon enough.

Are any current Apex Pro players getting a “little” excited about the new Pros being launched in early 2021. I am hearing some exciting news that some big improvements and from a looks perspective, irons look awesome! 2020 can’t end soon enough.

I'm excited to see them and excited for others to try them but, honestly, mine aren't going anywhere for a long, long time.

I just got my Apexs this year so I can't replace them (unless I get invited to a special event). I am still excited to see them but I won't be upgrading.

callaway has been crushing the apex line. it’s been amazing every year. i can’t wait to see what the next iteration holds!

I'm actually not TBH. But also, I wasn't crazy excited for these and they ended up in the bag for the last 2 seasons.

They are going to have to be pretty impressive or much more Mizuno sounding in order for me to trade mine off to get new ones. I likely will just skip this release and play mine for 2 more years till the next Apex release...... but you never know.

Man these irons must sense that they have some competition on the way, because they came alive for me this weekend. I've been seeing summer distances in 50˚ temps and other than the swings where I suck, they're definitely doing their part. Even with new irons on the way, these will stay in the arsenal to be brought back out as needed.

I just have to bump this thread because I walked in the door, looked to my right, and there they were. In all their glorious smoke beauty. I haven't been able to swing them or almost two weeks and it's killing me. They're just begging for the opportunity to show me, again, how freaking awesome they are and that they belong on page one. That's all. :cool:

I put the Apex 19’s back in the bag yesterday. I was really struggling with my new irons so I wanted to try a familiar club. Now it was a new day , but I’d been constantly short for weeks on approach shots. Yesterday I was a club long. Basically I was suddenly hitting center face again and the ball rewarded my.

The Apex Pro's have been magic for my game since getting them a year ago. There are a lot of new irons coming out that look spectacular and the pics of the new Apex and Pro's look great as well. These irons are not going anywhere anytime soon. The performance and feel of these heads combined with the Modus 120 are nothing short of perfect for me. My fitter at the Grandaddy absolutely nailed it and I am thankful he introduced me to the Nippon shafts. It takes me a long time to adapt to a new set only playing 2-3 rounds a month so I will just stay with what is working and keep my Grandaddy bag intact for 2021 and probably even longer.

I put the Apex 19’s back in the bag yesterday. I was really struggling with my new irons so I wanted to try a familiar club. Now it was a new day , but I’d been constantly short for weeks on approach shots. Yesterday I was a club long. Basically I was suddenly hitting center face again and the ball rewarded my.

What were the new irons you went to? Different shafts as well?

What were the new irons you went to? Different shafts as well?
Honma TR20P with Modus 120 shafts. Heads I wouldn’t say are all that different but the shafts definitely are. Apex have elevate 95 and are also 1/2 inch longer.

Honma TR20P with Modus 120 shafts. Heads I wouldn’t say are all that different but the shafts definitely are. Apex have elevate 95 and are also 1/2 inch longer.

The shaft itself and the length could make a big difference. The Apex are strong lofted I don't know how the lofts on the TR20Ps compare.

The shaft itself and the length could make a big difference. The Apex are strong lofted I don't know how the lofts on the TR20Ps compare.
I am kind of thinking the shaft length is what got me. In the warmer months it wasn’t an issue. Now playing in the cold it is. Perhaps I’m just a bit tighter with the cold weather. I’ve also had to start wearing a knee brace since it got cold. Getting old I suppose. :unsure:

I am kind of thinking the shaft length is what got me. In the warmer months it wasn’t an issue. Now playing in the cold it is. Perhaps I’m just a bit tighter with the cold weather. I’ve also had to start wearing a knee brace since it got cold. Getting old I suppose. :unsure:

I just checked out of curiosity and the Honmas and Apex have the same lofts. The extra 1/2 and the lighter more flexible shafts could definitely add a full club in distance.

I believe this. I actually had to tweak a few lie angles, because I just can't swing the same when it's 40 degrees. 1/2" and 16g can make a big difference. If you thought it could work for you, but it did progressively less as it cooled down, a few rounds with the Apex might shed a little light on the long term viability of the other shaft setup.

I believe this. I actually had to tweak a few lie angles, because I just can't swing the same when it's 40 degrees. 1/2" and 16g can make a big difference. If you thought it could work for you, but it did progressively less as it cooled down, a few rounds with the Apex might shed a little light on the long term viability of the other shaft setup.
Yeah I’ll play the Apex through the winter. When it warms up a will revisit the Honma’s and see what happens.

Still love these irons!
62A12DC2-B480-4251-B5F1-F99B95F58422.jpeg

The Apex Pro's have been magic for my game since getting them a year ago. There are a lot of new irons coming out that look spectacular and the pics of the new Apex and Pro's look great as well. These irons are not going anywhere anytime soon. The performance and feel of these heads combined with the Modus 120 are nothing short of perfect for me. My fitter at the Grandaddy absolutely nailed it and I am thankful he introduced me to the Nippon shafts. It takes me a long time to adapt to a new set only playing 2-3 rounds a month so I will just stay with what is working and keep my Grandaddy bag intact for 2021 and probably even longer.

You hit these really well. I’ve played enough golf with you to see the transition into these irons and your game has improved a lot.

still loving my apex 19's ... 5i was a favorite for a while but now it's the 6i. had 187 into a par 3 today and the 6i got me past pin high. i should probably get the loft checked but it was fun! ;)

Pro 19s....soooo good. And also soooooo ready to be replaced. I've got peeling stickers, leaking epoxy, beat up faces, rock dinged soles, and peeling chrome lol.

I can't wait to see the new Apex CF21 irons and compare them to my CF19 Forged set that are phenomenal.

These irons keep performing unreal for me too early to say it is my favourite all time iron . But if this continues that is a conversation we will need to have.
From 4-PW my confidence is really high . Able to hit any shot I’ve needed

Back